IGNORED

Favorite Club?

Note: This thread is 1048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite club in your set?

• Driver
    • Fairway Wood
    • Hybrid
    • 5-iron
    • 6-iron
    • 7-iron
    • 8-iron
    • 9-iron
    • Wedge
    • Putter

Finally another putter!

Yes, I like my putter. But its not my favourite club. I can play well with it, but I'd rather hit a flush iron or driver down the middle than hit a 20 foot putt leaving me a 1 foot tap in.

If I could sing a 20 foot every time, I'd be over the moon. Getting close keeps me happy enough. I'll not change this putter in a long time; sentimental value for how I got it etc, so "whether I like it or not, it stays" (read this as "whether I can putt or not, it stays"). It's maybe psychological. Yes, the putter is the money club, and when it works, it works and can make a round. But its not my favourite club.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 7 iron. One of these days, I'm going to convince myself to play an entire round with only my 7I.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

At present, my MP-57 8i. So far, it's been money from 140-150. I can fly in high and soft or knockdown easily and even get a 5-7 yard fade to help hold onto firm greens. I was 3 greens out of 3 tries with this club my last outing resulting in 2 pars and a birdie. For someone who struggles to play close to 90 that is a good result in one round. It's made me more conservative off the tee on those 370-400 yard par 4s because I can hit the green as readily with this club as I can a 90 yard sand wedge.

More conservative off the tee means fewer OBs and wide slice shots and that should be good for a couple of strokes as well. Now, I wish I could say the same thing about the 5i!

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

Right now I would have to say my new driver. I finally have a club that's fit for me and it's a great feeling.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

• 7 months later...
whats you favorite club in you bag, and why?

My favorite is my 54* vokey spin milled wedge. It has 10* of bounce, and is in the tour chrome finish. I feel like i can hit any shot with this club inside 100 yards, and it gives me a huge confidence boost once i put it inside all my other buddies while playing.

My favorite club in my bag is the driver.

I enjoy hitting the ball far so my driver usually gets a lot of practice

I can't stand hitting the ball with a relaxed swing and practicing for accuracy, of course it shows when I can't hit the green with SW-8 irons :P

Drivers being 460cc's and so forgiving I don't know how anybody could say the driver is the hardest club to hit anymore. For me it's the 3 wood.

DRIVER: 905r 8.5 UST V2 75 X
3 WOOD: 906f2 15 UST 85 X
HYBRID/IRON: Rapture Hybrid/3 Iron
IRONS: MX 200 Dynamic Gold X100
WEDGES: 52, 56, 60 600PUTTER: Geurin Rife Two Bar BALLS: Pro V1xGLOVE: SoftjoySHOES: Reelfit "Do those pump up?"BAG: Sun Mountain

bought an odyssey black series i #1 and it taught me to trust my stroke and I've been sinkin em.

favorite club is the 7 iron. I can hit any shot with a 7, I feel like it's fate.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is a bit of a fluid question. Most days my favorite club would either be my driver or hybrid 4 (23* loft). However, there are also days where I would say my GW (50*) or 7 iron or putter or.... At some point throughout the golf season, pretty much all 14 clubs would achieve the highly sought after distinction of being named the 'favorite club in my bag'. It's something they all work toward, but if one club feels slighted, he (or she, as my putter is a 'she') will let me know the next round.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't put PW and GW - 46* and 50* respectively. I love those two clubs. I guess the UW has been a little better to me though. I use it one shot more per round than the W and the results are usually good.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I went with the 3 wood,i love hitting it.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

60* wedge only because it is so versatile around the green.

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi

In my Ping Hoofer 08 camo bag :
Cobra 454 Comp 10.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 15* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 17.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffAdams A1 Pro Idea 4-PWTitleist Oil Can 52*Titleist Oil Can Spin...

Today I found my new go-to club, the 19* 3 hybrid. I used it for the first time today and now truly feel that it will be my safe alternate off the tee if my driver and 3-wood aren't working that day. It is also a great club out of the rough (where I tend to be a lot) and still gets great distance for long par 3's. I have to say I fought hybrids for awhile but I absolutely love this thing.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I voted "driver" and normally it is. It is certainly the most fun club to hit for me. I don't really have any special bond with my particular club... I just enjoy that part of the game a little more. Also, lately I have been fighting a hook... was a nice controlled draw, but lately have had some trouble... and Lee Trevino was right.

On the other hand... I love my 58* lob wedge and it is probably the club that I have bonded with most. I can hit a lot of shots with it and enjoy using it. Maybe I should have said it is my favorite.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I voted SW, because I use that thing a lot. I'm good from 90 yards in with it, although my 64* does a lot of my greenside work. My SW has been bent 1* strong to 55*, but after playing it for a couple seasons I think it maybe closer to 54*. I hit down pretty good on it and it's very gradually began to go a little farther.

My SW is the first club I warm up with on the range. It's just so familiar to me, I will have a hard time replacing it. It's getting a little worn, but I don't care. If I'm chipping with my SW I'm planning on a little release anyway.

Mine used to be my 5-iron but the darn thing broke. Now it's my 7-iron. Something about odd-numbered irons rubs me the right way. The evens always feel awkward. I'm sure Freud would find something to say about that, but I have no idea what...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Note: This thread is 1048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!