IGNORED

2009 U.S. Women's Open

CG031
Note: This thread is 5420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a penalty if your ball was on the putting green.

I see I see. Thanks for the help.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

noooooo! Paula playing like me on that 10th hole! ahh well, hopefully she can come back with a respectable round tomorrow.

well...i'll be there tomorrow all day. Hopefully it will be a nice day.

It's Supposed to be a nice day in our area, so, enjoy. Never ended up making my way up there, despite living a half hour from the course. I'm a tool, but whatever, lol.

I don't care who wins, but I don't see Kerr having a problem closing it out. Course is playing real tough though!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

NBC golf brass had to be cursing when Paula made that triple bogey. Until that point they were in comfy shape with Kerr, Creamer and Reynolds atop the leaderboard, so no need to show all the Koreans in the second wave. But once Paula dropped to +4 and then worse, it meant she would tee off earlier than ideal tomorrow and a bit of a stretch to keep showing her shots on Sunday.

noooooo! Paula playing like me on that 10th hole!

Paula managed to break my heart again just like on no. 9 in last years open. It was errily similar to what happen last year, bad decision compounded by consecutive poorly executed shots. Last year it happend in the last round so i'm not sure which one is worse. This time coming back the next day knowing you probably won't make up 8 shots on course that's barely yielding 2 or 3 birdies a round. Its gotta be demoralizing.

Paula managed to break my heart again just like on no. 9 in last years open. It was errily similar to what happen last year, bad decision compounded by consecutive poorly executed shots. Last year it happend in the last round so i'm not sure which one is worse. This time coming back the next day knowing you probably won't make up 8 shots on course that's barely yielding 2 or 3 birdies a round. Its gotta be demoralizing.

I know

hopefully she can forget about it and put together a good round tomorrow!

too bad for paula yesterday, it was a struggle for her all day really! still i'll be watching the final round as it puts 2 of my favourite things together, golf and women!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Looks to be a playoff.

I've seen more club throwing, whacking and ball throwing on this event than I've seen during a year on the PGA tour. These ladies really seem to lose control every now and then, more so than the men.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

eun-hee ji it is!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I didn't watch the end, but I knew an Asian player won; ESPN.com had no Women's Open headline on its home page.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Here's the ESPN updated headline & report:

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4322699

Sorry I missed it on TV. Looks like it was an exciting finish.
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

I thought the entire tournament was somewhat boring; I've never been a huge LPGA fan, but I just couldn't get into this, even though it was a major 30 minutes from my house.

Maybe I was the only one who felt this way? Idk.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I thought the entire tournament was somewhat boring; I've never been a huge LPGA fan, but I just couldn't get into this, even though it was a major 30 minutes from my house.

You're not the only one, dont worry. I tried to watch, but I found myself just sitting there, making a bunch of jokes about certain players, which I wont repeat here.

After watching this today, I'm becoming more convinced that it's going to get worse before it gets better for the LPGA.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Man, I agree with you, I watched it but it was tedious... The LPGA's troubles aren't going to end by getting rid of Bivens... Am I the only one who gets beat down by watching some of the LPGA players needing to have their caddies line them up on every shot? I can understand asking for help on a putt but every damn swing? I like Paula Creamer but that drill she was using with her caddie this week, WTH? Just distracting to watch... how can she focus on scoring when she is doing that drill on each shot and needs her caddie to line her up? Save that stuff for the practice tee.

Congrats to Ji, she was clutch down the stretch.

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Man, I agree with you, I watched it but it was tedious... The LPGA's troubles aren't going to end by getting rid of Bivens... Am I the only one who gets beat down by watching some of the LPGA players needing to have their caddies line them up on every shot? I can understand asking for help on a putt but every damn swing? I like Paula Creamer but that drill she was using with her caddie this week, WTH? Just distracting to watch... how can she focus on scoring when she is doing that drill on each shot and needs her caddie to line her up? Save that stuff for the practice tee.

I agree completely with this. That's another thing that gets me too. They can't learn the fundamentals of alignment? It's not that difficult. I don't ask my friend, or dad to line me up when I'm on the course - and if there's anyone who needs it, it's me!

seriously guys? it was by far more entertaining than the 2nd rate Deere Run tournament.

Eh, neither did much for me to be honest. None of the golf was exciting, the Euro. Tour event wasn't all that great either.

I'm not sure what it was - I'm pumped for Turnberry though. Obviously the majors are the most exciting for the Men, but even the regular tournaments like Memorial, TPC at Sawgrass, etc. are much better than watching the LPGA Majors.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I found it funny that the translator translated about 4 words from the winner for a golf channel reported and he said about 3-4 sentences from those 4 words!!!

Either the language is way more efficient than english, or he added some crap in the response lol.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Note: This thread is 5420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!