IGNORED

Official Open Championship Prediction

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

An all-US pick for me:

Damn, If i was betting that would be my Trifecta.

I think if the conditions are good Watney will have an advantage with the straight bombs that cat hits off the tee. Stricker...dude can flat out win, and it's not a big suprise if he does. I gotta think Karlson and Henrick Stenson will be in the mix on Sunday also. Damn, do I love the Open Championship...being an American it's tied with the Masters, the Open Championship has the greatest NATURAL tracts in the world, wheras Augusta is so majestic...so it's a tie to this red blooded redneck American! Can't WAIT!!!!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Weather Conditions Are Benign...

fantastic stuff... however (hopefully) the weather will be kinder to TW after what happened to him at the US Open (luck as a factor is supposed to even out as they say) and he makes #15... don't forget, TW is a better wind (as opposed to hurricane) player than some of the young guns...

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Earlier, they said they play until 9 or 10 PM, Scotland time???? I never realized that!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Looks like my prediction of Paul Casey isn't turning out too bad...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I tried to wake up early today but that didnt work out too well. I turned on the TV and who do I see at the top, Tom Watson!. Good prediction Prarrie Dog.

My Clubs:

Driver: Nike SQ Sumo 460 10.5 degrees

3-Wood: Titleist 906 F4 15.5 DegreesIrons: Interchange between Hogan Apex Plus 3-PW stiff flex steel, and Cleveland CG Red Tour Spec 3-PW with stiff flex S300's.Wedges: CG 12's 56 degree and 52 degree, Cleveland BeNi 60 degree, and MacGregor MT Pro...

I'm changing my prediction to Tom Watson by 7.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

David Duval gets back in the hunt with something in the mid sixties tommorow.
Driver: Adams insight A4 Prototype
loft 9.0 face 2 degrees open
Matrix Ozik X high kick point
3 wood Tour Edge Exotic CB2
loft 15 Mitsubishi Fubiki XHybrid Cleveland launcer 3I Aldila NV XIrons ...

In my blog I picked Lee Westwood, Sergio, and Brian Gay.

Westwood and Sergio I think both have good chances. Not so much Brian Gay. Lee was -4 thru 15, too bad they have to play 18 holes.

In my blog I picked Lee Westwood, Sergio, and Brian Gay.

Westwood had a really good day today, imho. Played through some of the worse weather, surrounded by all the Tiger hoopla, and is just three off the lead.

But - why is no-one saying Steve Marino? He had some luck - and that luck is likely to desert him - but he played the conditions really well.

Note: This thread is 5406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!