IGNORED

How to attract sponsors "effortlessly"

Note: This thread is 5552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First of all, look at my handicap index... Have a laugh at my expense... my treat...

BUt seriously, I am making a serious effort recently to try to see if I can make that jump to pro, devoting more of my money and time increasingly gradually to golf and to drastically improve my game...

Is there any paths I can take now to increase my odds later on if I do find myself more and more inclined to quit my day job that will increase my noticeability?

Do sponsors get inundated by "highlight my work-laborer-turned-golf-pro-sob-story" requests?

The way to attract sponsors effortlessly is to win tournaments. Do so and they'll find you, you won't have to find them.

The thing to remember is that sponsorship is a business proposition. A sponsor isn't sponsoring someone because they're nice and want to see the individual catch a break, they're doing so because they expect a positive return on their investment $'s. If you can't convince them that they'll get more money back than they're investing, you aren't likely to attract any sponsors.

My .02.......not as a golfer that ever expects a sponsorship, but as a businessman who manages large, diverse budgets all oriented towards obtaining that aforementioned ROI.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First of all, look at my handicap index... Have a laugh at my expense... my treat...

Win everything in your region, shoot in the 60s, fist-pump vigorously on mid-range putts. Letting a little spit fly out when you scream helps too. At other times, be calm and calculated. That's the formula for success these days.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

First of all you have to be good enough to sponser. And dont think you are going to get enough money to golf/live etc. Most sponsor ships for amatures only pay for entrance fees, maybe some equipment.

I have sponsors lined up if I should pursue playing at local tournys next year. But these are just small business that I work with and know them very well. I don't expect to make it big, or eat off of golf, but I love competing and if I can play for free because I have something on my hat so be it.

If you want to get good enough YOU have to put in the work, no one is gonna give you a free ride to chase a dream.

Even if you are a scratch golfer, you cant hold a candle to a pga tour pro. So instead of dropping your handicap from a 20 to a 0 isnt good enough, think -10.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Win everything in your region, shoot in the 60s, fist-pump vigorously on mid-range putts. Letting a little spit fly out when you scream helps too. At other times, be calm and calculated. That's the formula for success these days.

And don't foget to wear red on Sunday......

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Don't be ugly either.
In My Bag (upgrading soon hopefully)

Driver: TiSI 10°
Irons: ISI Black Dot 3-PW (minus lost 5i)
Putter G5i Piper JMAX Milled Wedge 52°Ball: Whatever I Can Find

Don't be ugly either.

l.m.a.o!!

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

First of all you have to be good enough to sponser. And dont think you are going to get enough money to golf/live etc. Most sponsor ships for amatures only pay for entrance fees, maybe some equipment.

First of all, it'd be +10 I believe.

But really, if you can shoot in the 60's on ten coursed you have never played before then you have what it takes to go pro. I think that's a quote by somebody? But to get sponsored "effortlessly" you have to really dominate.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

First of all, it'd be +10 I believe.

You're right that it'd be positive, but I think the actual figures are between +9 and +6. Read that again, the worst guy about to lose his card on tour is around a +6 handicap. I can speak for how difficult it is to go from scratch to +6, but I'm sure it's much more difficult than going from double to single-digits. If that's the case, I've got no chance of going pro unless something BIG clicks really soon. I'd bet much of the difference between scratch and pro is mental dominance. But I certainly can't speak from experience.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

• Administrator
A Tour player is about +4 to about +8, guys: http://thesandtrap.com/the_numbers_g...es_of_the_pros .

I'm not sure what your handicap has to do with attracting sponsors, though, so let's stay on topic (or let it die, as it seems to have done, on its own).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Does the Sandtrap sponsor people?

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

• Administrator
Does the Sandtrap sponsor people?

Who would want to be sponsored by a hazard?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!