Sign in to follow this  
iacas

Win a Copy of Scorecard: Pick the British Open Winner

Note: This thread is 4004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

44 posts / 12576 viewsLast Reply

The first three people to pick the British Open winner and the winning score - in this thread - will win a free copy of Scorecard - http://cynicalpeak.com/scorecard/ .

Entries must be in by the end of the day Friday (i.e. tomorrow) eastern standard time. Or Daylight savings. Or whatever the heck time we're currently in. Midnight on my clock, basically.

Edit: One entry per person.

Have at it.

P.S. If you already have a Scorecard license, you can give yours to someone else on the forum.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The first three people to pick the British Open winner and the winning score - in this thread - will win a free copy of Scorecard -

Harrington. 12 under.

The first three people to pick the British Open winner and the winning score - in this thread - will win a free copy of Scorecard -

ernie els- 8 under

Stewart Cink at 272.

I was going to say:
Brett Quigley at... er, no. Wait, let me change that. first, but I wanted to make it clear what my real prediction is.

Note: This thread is 4004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Something clicked in my head when I read this. I forgot about the chest down part (we didn't focus on it much in Erie because I kept dipping too low), but I thought about it now and put everything together and realized what I'm trying to do is a hip hinge like I would do when weightlifting. So I started practicing a hip hinge as my transition move. I played on Sunday with that feel and hit the ball pretty solidly, but had some clubface control issues. I practiced today to refine everything:   I think these swings are probably the best ones so far. I learned today that my clubface issues come from the arms lifting too much in the backswing. If I get them too high, the club tips out and I hit too much across the ball with the face open. Big push-fades. Need to keep feeling the left arm stays lower in the backswing, almost too flat - Ben Hogan pane of glass feel.
    • I wasn’t saying jeans weren’t ok just more of a comfort thing. I don’t really care if somebody plays in jeans. I just couldn’t be comfortable golfing in jeans. I agree with the not caring about what the person wears. From the people I’ve been paired with when I didn’t have 4, the better the clothes the worse the game. I know it’s not a hard rule but I think fairly accurate. 
    • I'm so glad I don't have to worry about my kyphosis...that would be a nightmare....
    • For the jeans, I think a lot depends on the course. There are some people who end up choosing between golfing or not depending on what they can wear based on time. I play a lot of public courses that have, shall we say...a relaxed or perhaps country setting. We routinely have construction guys roll up in their battered rig, roll out and head straight to the tee (the courses know them well enough to let them pay after the round) in dirty jeans, shirts, etc. Wide range of abilities from double bogey hackers to some guys who run a lot of pars. I love these courses because I can wear gym shorts, tee shirts, and just play. I see people ranging from the above all the way to the guys with the tight tucked tour set-up, belt, etc.   My enjoyment of my personal round has nothing to do with which groups I see ahead or behind me or, for that matter, if I am matched up with them. Jeans, cut-offs, wife-beaters, none of them bother me or my round, only the personality of the people I am matched with.   I also sometimes play much nicer courses...I have been able to play the private With Hollow side of Pumpkin Ridge, as one example, and there I do wear the ugly-@# shorts and a nicer polo. I also intentionally play there very seldom as I don't enjoy the round as much in clothes I find ugly.   Which likely means the codes are working. They keep people like me who don't care about what other people are wearing away from courses where people are more interested in the atmosphere. For me the beauty is there is room for both. I have no need to play those courses and those courses have no need for the money of people like me, they seem to be getting along fine.  
    • Thank you! I see what you mean. I always want to put the club so I can kind of see/feel the clubface in my hindsight, is this a wrong/bad habit? Or should the club be in this position but I just shorten the swing?   
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Budspfld
      Budspfld
      (60 years old)
    2. GlennInBama
      GlennInBama
      (50 years old)
    3. Gvel
      Gvel
      (64 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...