IGNORED

Dear "That Golfer",

iPutt
Note: This thread is 5385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dear That Golfer,

I know you and your buddy got paired with my friend and me and it's a slightly awkward situation. I also know that through small talk, you learn I'm a 6 handicap. You asked, and I'm happy to tell you. But for the last time...No, we will not play for money against you and your friend. I don't care how many different games we can play, the answer is still "No". We just met, and you want me to pay to see if you're really a 17 handicap? I'm sorry, I rarely play for money when handicaps are involved, and never play for money against someone I don't know.
That being said, I've heard enough of your claims that you "beat me". My friend and I did notice that you used your foot wedge on 6, 11, and 14. Also, you incur a penalty when you hit it in the lake, same as when you hit your drives OB on 3 and 12. So by my calculations, you need to add 6 strokes for illegally moving your ball, 1 stroke for hitting in the lake, and 2 strokes for hitting OB. However, since we're getting technical, your play of the OB drive on 3 would have gotten you DQ'ed as it is a stroke and distance penalty and you should have hit your 3rd shot from the tee. I'm sorry, but my legitimate 77 is still good.
I appreciate your offer to share contact info so we can play again, but I'm going to respectfully decline.

PS, those 1.5 - 3 foot putts? You do have to putt those all out.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Playing with

I don't see how you can reasonably arrive at that conclusion.

Complaining on a forum doesn't equate to being rude, uptight, or boring on the course. Keep pace, be cordial, employ golf etiquette, and have a good time. Why is that so hard to do? (Or maybe I am reading your post all wrong and you actually *enjoy* going to the proctologist...in which case, never mind.)

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

1. Please hurry up and putt - I guarantee you that the "read" hasn't changed in the eight times you looked at your ball and then the hole. Then again, you take so long to putt, that maybe the earth's crust did move and your read is now different

2. Please learn to count - on in 3 and a 4 putt, is a 7 not a 6 - no matter how you slice it.

3. I carry a SkyCaddie - I'd be happy to "validate" your 300-yard drives all day !!

4. I am a 21 handicap - stop asking me to "replicate" my shot - the reason I'm 258 or 158 off the tee is because my swing sucks - deal with it!

5. Wrong tee box selection - this has been discussed enough, but if your second shot from the Championship tees is being hit from behind the set of next tees, you may want to rethink your decision

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

Playing with

have to agree

We all were beginners at one time or another. Some people play slower than others. Long as you are respectful, let people play through, and are serious. Then just deal with it. Everyone has to learn at one time or another. but I do have one... Dear "The Foursome" in front of me, let me play through... seriously. Its been like 5 holes and I always sit at the tee box for 30 minutes before I get to swing. I'll be ahead of you within 3 minutes, I promise.

G15 10.5 Driver
G15 17 Wood
G10 24 Hybrid
G10 6-PW Irons
52, 56, 60, and 64 degree wedges Detour Newport 2 DT SoLo BallSwing Speed: 111 MPH, wish I could putt.

Dear "That Golfer"

Holy crap, people actually DO that?

I'm the most non-confrontational guy in the world but if someone from the group behind me teed up a ball while I was still on the tee, there would be harsh words. As George Costanza said, "We're living in a society here!"

I don't see how you can reasonably arrive at that conclusion.

It doesn't? I pretty much try to act the same everywhere I go. Bitching and moaning on a forum doesn't make me think that any person would be any different "in real life". I could be wrong. Saving grace is I don't pre-screen my playing partners and typically play as a single so I get matched up with all different kinds of folks.

Everyone has pet peeves, I get it. But worrying about it for 18 holes or after the fact isn't going to make it any better When I'm through playing I'm worried about me. What did *I* do wrong that round that I can correct. Not Joe Schmo high handicapper walked in my line and caused me to miss my 39' birdie putt

Dear "That Golfer"

Please do not take a swing with the worst mechanics ever, hit the club into the ground 3 inches before the ball, top the ball, and then on the follow through take one arm off the club and then yell out "OH EM GEE what am i doing wrong!!!"

Dear "That Golfer" [Who just so happens to live 1/4 mile away from the course and is in my foursome]

Please, when I say "hey we're gonna play at 12:00", don't show up around 12:25 and say "aww man.... didn't go to bed till 4 AM".

TS

Go to bed and be on time. Please don't hold our group and others behind us up. Also, when you don't even make it to the fairway on the first tee, please don't blame the fact that you didn't get hit to hit a small bucket. If you would have went to bed before 4, got up before noon, and weren't too lazy to get out of bed, you could have came are 11:30 and hit a freakin' MEDIUM bucket. I know your drives would have been 250+ and right down the middle had you had that bucket...

rant over

feels good haha

Nike Bag
Cobra 3 Wood Driver
Dunlop Reaction Dual Metal Woods
Wilson Fatshaft Tour Cast Irons
Dunlop Reaction P Tour Cast S WedgesDunlop Vista Model 4 putterHopefully new irons soon

It doesn't? I pretty much try to act the same everywhere I go. Bitching and moaning on a forum doesn't make me think that any person would be any different "in real life". I could be wrong.

You are very wrong! All kinds of experiments in psychology starting with Milgram in the 60s show that the less physically connected you are to a person, the less likely you are to show compassion, restraint, manners, etc. I am sure you have noticed that people will say things over the phone they'd never say face to face, and people write things in email they'd never say over the phone. Posting on a forum is even more of a disconnect as people here are more-or-less anonymous.

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/tec...me-me-bro.html So, yes, I wrote a nice big fat whine of all the things that most bother me from other golfers. You're not going to hear me rattling off like that on the course...that would make ME one of THEM!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Dear "That Golfer,"

wow... thats weird... i was just at my fave practice facility and there was a kid with a plastic club following behind his grandad on the putting surface...

while grandad was putting... the kid was gouging the greens with his plastic club... i just stood there in awe... didnt want a marshall thinking it was me dragging my cleats across the green or anything so i avoided that area like the plague
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Holy crap, people actually DO that?

I LOVE a Seinfeld quote! Awesome!

In My University of Kentucky Bag:

R9 460
R9 T3
TP Rescue 17, 21 degree R7 TP 3-PW W/ Project X 6.0 Rac Z TP Wedges 50, 54, 58 Rife Two Bar Hybrid Mallet TP Black Pro V1

Why would you tell a golfer who is better than you to STFU if he tries to help.

You're joking right? Nobody wants unwanted advise.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing with

So true...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!