IGNORED

How do you prepare before a round of golf?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5379 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Depends - on time and course.

Some munis we play don't have a range...in that case, I like to get there early and chip and putt - 30 mins total.

If there is a range, I like to hit 30-40 balls, varying clubs PW-Driver.

If there is a chipping area, I like to get the feel chipping and then also putting.

Like I said, we vary courses from pretty decent to average municipal courses...green speeds can change.
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

my routine is step out of the car, step on to the tee and tee off

Mine is the same, except I change my shoes first.

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's important to take on energy and to loosen up your muscles.

I normally go with a chilli and chips (not your American chips, our british ones), and a pint or two of the guest bitter.

In the bag:

Driver: 975D 10.5° True Temper EI-70 Stiff (Alternate 8.5° Titleist Stiff Graphite Shaft)
Fairway Woods: 975F (2 From) 14.5°, 18.5° True Temper EI-70 Stiff, 20.5° Titleist Stiff Graphite Shaft
3Iron-PW: S58 Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsGap Wedge: Tour-W 54/10 Nickel...

My week, whether I'm golfing or not, consists of weight training (both strength specific and power), core stability work, SAQ's (speed-agility-quickness), cardiovascular intervals and flexibility training.

The day I'm playing I...

-carry out a dynanic warm-up for about 15-20mins at the course.
-I finish warming up the body by taking two sets of 10 consecutive air swings.

-I hit 10 shots with my 6-iron or 7-iron
-I hit 5 shots with my 3-iron or 4-iron
-I hit 5 shots with my 3-wood
-I hit 5 shots with my driver
-I hit 5-8 shots to 100yards
-I hit 5-8 shots to 60yards
-I hit 5-8 shots to 30yards

-I then go to the chipping/putting green and hit a few flop shots, pitches and chips from around the green to various hole positions

-I then finish off on the putting green; I take 3 balls and make putts to various length holes, in the 10-20ft range (about 5mins). I then make putts to a hole 6-10ft (about 3-5mins), then hit some longer putts in the 30-40ft range and then finish off by putting a single ball repeatedly to tee from 2-4ft away.

I then refuel, banana and nuts, get some water in and then prepare to tee off in about 5-10mins.

In my bag..

Driver: Mighty Big T3, 8°, Grafalloy Prolite 35
Fairway Wood: PT, 13°
Fairway Wood: Seville 15° (in my bag since 1987)Irons: T-Zoid Pro, 3-PWSW: MP-9, 56°LW: Tour Star, 64°Putter: Allied Professional (in my bag since 1989)Ball: ProV1xShoes:

Putt from 10', then 5' and then 25'. About 9 shots with each one. Really just to get a read on the greens.

If there is a range I'll hit a few balls to get warmed up. But not practicing, just swinging and getting warm.

I try not and mix practice with playing. So when I hit the greens its for speed reading and feel and when I hit the range its to stretch and find some feel.

I'm not methodical, just stretch for a minute or so and take a few easy swings with a wedge to get loose. Then, hit a few wedges at a flag/target until I start grooving them. I'll move up to a 7 or 8 iron (depending on where the hitting area is setup that day) and groove a few of those. Then a 5 or 6 iron (same deal, farther flag), a few 3 irons, hybrid or 3 wood, then finish up with around a dozen or so tee shots. Probably hit 30-40 balls and I'm off to the practice green.

Pitch/chip 5 balls to several different hole locations from varying lies and distances. Pull all the balls but 1 up, play 9 holes (keeping score) from hole-to-hole locations on the putting green to simulate a bit of pressure.

It sounds like alot because I typed it out, but it only takes about 25 minutes.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

I normally go with a chilli and chips (not your American chips, our. british ones), and a pint or two of the guest bitter.

LOL. Coupla pints-a stout no problem, but I wouldn't make it to the turn with the other. Some of us have to plan ahead carefully.

But when I was a wee laddie ......

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

LOL. Coupla pints-a stout no problem, but I wouldn't make it to the turn with the other. Some of us have to plan ahead carefully.

We have deep rough and copses of trees. It's all good.

In the bag:

Driver: 975D 10.5° True Temper EI-70 Stiff (Alternate 8.5° Titleist Stiff Graphite Shaft)
Fairway Woods: 975F (2 From) 14.5°, 18.5° True Temper EI-70 Stiff, 20.5° Titleist Stiff Graphite Shaft
3Iron-PW: S58 Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsGap Wedge: Tour-W 54/10 Nickel...

I'm going to the course for the first time Wednesday. I see some people say that they warm up at the driving range and the putting/chipping green. I just wanted to know if the driving range is free to use since you are about to play on the course? I assume so, but I would rather definitely know than make a fool out of myself on Wednesday.
In the Bag
Driver: Sumo SQ 5000 460cc 11.5
3-Wood: 2007 Burner 15°
Hybrid: Walter Hagen T3 (-3 23°), (-4 26°) (-5 29°)
Irons: Walter Hagen T3 (4-PW)Putter: Walter Hagen T3 Mallet PutterBalls: GamerGlove: Dri-Fit Elite

I'm going to the course for the first time Wednesday. I see some people say that they warm up at the driving range and the putting/chipping green. I just wanted to know if the driving range is free to use since you are about to play on the course? I assume so, but I would rather definitely know than make a fool out of myself on Wednesday.

Depends on the course. Most high end courses include driving range with their green fees, but most, if not all, muni courses do NOT include driving range privileges.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Yukari, I will give them a calll tomorrow to be sure.
In the Bag
Driver: Sumo SQ 5000 460cc 11.5
3-Wood: 2007 Burner 15°
Hybrid: Walter Hagen T3 (-3 23°), (-4 26°) (-5 29°)
Irons: Walter Hagen T3 (4-PW)Putter: Walter Hagen T3 Mallet PutterBalls: GamerGlove: Dri-Fit Elite

i never hit range balls.. i just get there and pay then walk outside and putt until its time to tee it up. once im on the tee box i usually stretch with a wedge and then take 4-5 practice swings with the driver and then its game time.

this is me also... the range does nothing for me before a round... ill hit the chipping and putting area if i have enough time but thats about it

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

STRETCH.... at least 15 minutes of it...
hydrate....like crazy..even on a cooler day in the 70's i'll still drink a lot.
and mentally just try to relax and be prepared to grind it out if the game isn't there.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I chipped for 30 minutes today with my 60, 56 & 52 wedges.
Putted for an hour
walked and ran three miles total today

try to get to the putting green 30 minutes before teeing off and try hitting 8 irons at an open field

tomorrow's schedule
5:00am wake up and walk a mile and run 1/3 mile
6:00am hit 7 irons for about an hour
7:00 have breakfast and leave the house to get to the course by 7:30am.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5379 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!