IGNORED

Its...too...hot...

bjw181
Note: This thread is 4999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ah, Texas weather... for the past week it seems like it has rained everyday, but we find a way to play between the storms. Grass is a little long, no roll, and humidity unusually high. July was wet and hot, like playing in a greenhouse with the blow drier on. You could almost hear the grass growing.

Lucky you, it's like my house has an umbrella over it. My area is almost in the severe drought zone I believe. My poor grass... There's no water restrictions in my neighborhood.. yet

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
What I play...
Driver - Burner Draw
Fairway - FY-Brid 3 Wood
Hybrid - Burner Rescue 19*Irons - R7 Draw 4-SW/LWWedge - CG14 Black 50*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - TP RedBag - Stand Bag=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I got an umbrella for shade on my clicgear.......... but I'm too tall! I don't fit underneath it.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Played a round today and was very well prepared thanks to you guys. I had a cooler overflowing with ice and wash cloths, 2 L of water (should have just used the Camelback), an extra shirt, 2 more gloves, and a handheld fan...lol. Anyways, I ended up shooting a 74 with 4 birds. Putting was sooo much easier without having sweat dripping off my face like a small creek...and the extra gloves allowed me to relax my grip a little more which gave me alot more confidence off the tee. Knowing my driver won't be taking a first class flight into the pond on 17 really helped!

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

Here in Pa. It rains almost everyday and is not very warm. The course I go to is closed a lot. So crap summer so far. But on the bright side every time I wanted to go out it was not raining. So thats a plus.

Pro Titanium 905R w/ UST Proforce V2 7 stiff.
975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW
Not sure what name of SW mallet putter Pro V1x Ball Bag

Highest temp I've seen this summer is like 85 degrees I think...Some of the humid days are brutal as far as golf and walking, but rarely does it exceed 80 degrees here.

But, then again, it rains about 3 times per week!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

You always know it's getting really hot in Arizona when you start seeing a lot of 'zoni plates on the roads around here (San Diego). I sometimes meet them on the track in July and August, always a pleasure to share a course with and always grateful for temps in the 70s and 80s. I know I couldn't handle anything >90, I don't care how dry it is.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

You always know it's getting really hot in Arizona when you start seeing a lot of 'zoni plates on the roads around here (San Diego). I sometimes meet them on the track in July and August, always a pleasure to share a course with and always grateful for temps in the 70s and 80s. I know I couldn't handle anything >90, I don't care how dry it is.

Try 105 with incredible humidity...Might as well be in a shower. But Arizona is terribly hot too...but with awesome courses. In fact, the courses are so awesome, I wouldn't even mind the heat.

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

Its been up to 100 degrees with full on humidity here in Texas. There is so much sweat I can barely hold on to my 3 wood without putting it into a death grip. Plus, I go through gloves every other day it seems because they get crusty and loose their grip. How do you guys beat the heat?

get a bridgestone glove. Best Glove Ever, seriously.

get a bridgestone glove. Best Glove Ever, seriously.

I'm considering a gardening glove.

Try 105 with

I really laugh when the people I'm golfing with think it's humid in Austin. Granted... it's humid enough I can actually feel it some of these days.... but people from southeast texas really know humid weather. Between the gulf, the bayous, and the pollution from all the big petrochemical giants.... it's no comparison.

The heat in Austin is weird..... I honestly feel like I'm being cooked in an oven or something. All I can say is that June was THE WORST! It was so bad I thought my car thermostat was broken because it kept getting up to 110. Right now I'm happy with low 100s and lower.

Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Try 105 with incredible humidity...Might as well be in a shower. But Arizona is terribly hot too...but with awesome courses. In fact, the courses are so awesome, I wouldn't even mind the heat.

I expect to be golfing in Arizona one day but I'll be sure

not to do it in the summer . Same personal rule as for flying a light plane. Once I flew a Cessna 152 to Lake Havasu airport in the middle of summer for lunch and almost didn't get out again - bad case of the dreaded VAPOR LOCK! Must have been 115 on the ramp, almost burned my hand opening the door. But at least in a plane you can claw your way up to where it's a bit cooler - no such luck on a golf course.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Yeah ryo, you're not kidding about Texas heat and humidity. I live in College Station, right in the heart of the Brazos Valley, and it's around 104 with 100% humidity. The heat index is around 114 and the little breeze that actually does exist is blocked by the trees.

All you guys that complain about the heat should come walk 18 in our shoes. Well that's if you were still standing after 9.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

Yeah ryo, you're not kidding about Texas heat and humidity. I live in College Station, right in the heart of the Brazos Valley, and it's around 104 with 100% humidity. The heat index is around 114 and the little breeze that actually does exist is blocked by the trees.

I can vouch for this haha, I dont think I could walk 18 right now and be able to make any decent shots after the front 9 not to mention I would need a whole new change of clothes at the turn from the sweat.

....... what's funny is the last stretch of 6-7 holes on my course are the most difficult, IMO. But somehow on the last couple I have a knack for making the UGLIEST pars in the history of golf. I'm pretty sure it's just because I wear down.... did I mention it's also the most hilly stretch? It basically was you walking a sin wave on the back 9 of this course.

My ugliest ALMOST par was a horrible duck hook into the wrong fairway leaving 200-250 (so far off i didnt know the yardage well) followed by a push slice almost in the fairway on the OTHER side. A wedge that was a little fat from 100 or so out not going anywhere near the hole but landed in the edge of the cart path bouncing it 10 yards due left onto the fairway/fringe. I decided that keeping the ball airborne is obviously a bad idea at this point. so I putt like 5 yards off the front of the green to a pin in the back for par. SADLY, I missed it by 1-2 feet but it was a great putt.

Point being...... grind it out in the heat! A bunch of times that ugliness turns to pars!

Hahaha your kidding right??

Come live in Australia it gets upto 45*C+ which is 113*F+... our winters aren't that cold either = Good golf all year round except if you can't handle the heat
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

Note: This thread is 4999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!