IGNORED

Its...too...hot...

bjw181
Note: This thread is 4999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I can't top some of these stories but it was hot here yesterday. 97 degrees with about 95% humidity. I think the heat factor was 107 or something like that. I skipped out of work yesterday to be punished.

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

I moved from New Hampshire to Alabama this year and had to deal with serious heat for the first time.

Bama heat must be quite a change. Enjoy the winter, though.

It's unreal hot here this week. Let's not even mention humidity. I was only able to play 27 holes in July...due to schedule issues and other. Gonna change that this month. My ten year old son's last week of summer is this week. We are going to try to get in 9 holes each day. One thing that really helps is my home course does a super job of keeping fresh, ice-cold water available about every 3rd hole. We'll take a couple of bottles full to start the round and refill at every opportunity. Staying hydrated helps in many ways. As other's mentioned it's a fairly normal practice for us "southern broilers" to carry a personal towel along as well as the normal club towel.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Was going to go to the range today but I think I'll take the wife out to eat. 98* heat index...........70% humidity. Screw that!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

San Antonio, here. Yah, it gets downright brutal. Not as humid as it has been in recent years, as we're in the middle of Power Drought. My grass is long dead. I tell myself that I'm just reseeding for next year when I go out and hack at the dust with my wedges and plastic balls.

I'm a Dutch-Irish night shift worker, so I don't tend to tan so much as burst into flames. Luckily, I've gained enough color from golfing to partially conceal the obnoxious allergy shiners I carry around from living in south Texas.

Mornings and evenings I can stand pretty well -- 95 degrees or so, 70% humidity. No problem. Get me out there for a few hours in the mid to late afternoon, though, and I feel like I'm going to barf, pass out, or pass out barfing. (I walk and carry, which probably doesn't help.)

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

• 1 year later...
As a native Arizonan, I prefer to go out and play in the summer. I will usually try to get out on the first tee time, which is usually around 5:30 in the summers. Golfing as the sun goes down isn't too bad either. You just get used to the heat and bring a lot of water! At least its a dry heat! The courses hardly charge anything in the middle of the summer so its a good chance to go out and play the courses I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford in the "golf season" or winter here in Arizona!

I agree, it's been getting up there here in California. Still, it's manageable. I guess to me, it's just not that bad. Then again, I've done motorcycle track days wearing full leathers/helmet in 117 degree weather.

its like 70 degrees, sunny with a nice summer breeze here in seattle. :D

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Its been up to 100 degrees with full on humidity here in Texas. There is so much sweat I can barely hold on to my 3 wood without putting it into a death grip. Plus, I go through gloves every other day it seems because they get crusty and loose their grip. How do you guys beat the heat?

I dress light, water up, and don't start until 4:30 that way my last 1/3 will be in slightly cooler weather. Walked 18 last Saturday when it was over 102. Felt downright pleasent when evening started to set in and it dropped to the low 90s. For me, the combination of Lamkkin Crossline grips and a Callaway Warbird glove keep my hand from doing too much slipping, although it'll still twist in my swing on occation.

Your profile says you're in SoCal. Have you moved out there to Texas recently? Where are you?

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Not live in texas. thats what I did. I pay for that though. A $150k house in texas would be a digit more here. But great weather year round. no humidity. It's NEVER been over 95 either.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

110F here today, but it's not humid heat thankfully. Massive heat system moved in yesterday for 3 days. By Sunday it's supposed to be 88F. Go figure. I walked today, wasn't the worst thing I've ever done. I much rather play in hot and dry weather like this than hot and humid or super cold and wet.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Note: This thread is 4999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!