IGNORED

2009 Solheim Cup

bjw181
Note: This thread is 5366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I watched a few holes today. Wie and Pressel looked like they were a great team. I caught a few holes late in their round. They were both playing great and were feeding off each other. I was pumped watching it. I also say that bomb Creamer made. That putt was out of control. Looked good the entire time too.

Hey, its on Golf Channel now.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"150y to the flag - yeah i need 6i" huh???

what is wrong with that? As long as they get the job done who cares what club they use?

That and it's cool to watch players who hit their clubs as far as I do as well

what is wrong with that? As long as they get the job done who cares what club they use?

One of my favorites golf quotes goes:

"Its not about how far, its about how many."

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Ok, enough of Kim already.....

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I have enjoyed the coverage so far. Being all tied going to singles should make tomorrow very exciting. Will be interesting to see what order Beth sends the girls out. As far as the comment about needing a 6i from 150 there is only one event where being able to hit it long matters. This isn't one of them. There is a guy that plays in our Saturday blitz that hit's it about that far and he shoots around par or better every week. Like someone else said it's not how far but how many.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

I have really enjoyed the coveridge, but I wish the US gals would stop wearing those stupid tatoos on their cheeks!
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Pairing for Sunday, in order of play -- from the LPGA site:
(Europe 8 - USA 8)
Pettersen vs Creamer
Brewerton vs Stanford
Alfredsson vs Wie
Davies vs Lang
Nocera vs Inkster
Matthew vs McPherson
Gustafson vs Lincicome
Luna vs Castrale
Elosegui vs Kim
Hjorth vs Kerr
Nordqvist vs Pressel
Moodie vs Gulbis

Some interesting match-ups, that's for sure.

RC

I have been watching the Solheim Cup on and off since it began and I have to say, it's almost overdone. I think the competition is great and I want to see the USA win, but even my wife says she's annoyed with "cheek tats" and constant screaming. I mean it almost feels like I'm watching a High School state meet with rival schools, not the most awesome week of golf-watching I would have to say.

I'm really only watching it for the closeups of Creamer and I think my wife probably has figured that out.....that's what is probably annoying her.

Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

I have been watching the Solheim Cup on and off since it began and I have to say, it's almost overdone. I think the competition is great and I want to see the USA win, but even my wife says she's annoyed with "cheek tats" and constant screaming. I mean it almost feels like I'm watching a High School state meet with rival schools, not the most awesome week of golf-watching I would have to say.

I think its great, it's what's different outside the ropes between an lpga and pga tour event. Very fan and female friendly atmosphere. Kids under a certain age get in free and and numerous girls high school golf teams are screaming and cheering the USA on. The whole "cheek tat" thing stems from the many young players on the team...some of these girls only a few years out of high school, which is ok for now..but when they get to Juli Inkster's age you won't see that too much. Would you ever see Tiger and Phil do a "hip bump" like Paula and Christi did. Priceless

Pairing for Sunday, in order of play -- from the LPGA site:

Interesting. I could have done ten different scenarios and none of them would have Gulbis going out last. Burying Inkster in the middle is good I think. She is putting terrible. Why do I think Helen Alfredsson will have an easy way of it with Michelle Wie?

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

Interesting. I could have done ten different scenarios and none of them would have Gulbis going out last.

I have watched nothing of this event, so I am guessing the tone here is one that says 'Gulbis isn't the best we have, and isn't playing well, so why would she be last'. The big reason is that more than likely the cup will be decided one way or another before her match ends so if she gets beat it won't matter.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Sunday morning's matches are starting off with some supercharged golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best golf I've seen since the Ryder Cup.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I tune in for a second to see Helen Alfredsson hit her second shot on #2 to within five feet, only for Michelle Wie to put her approach inside her ball. That's enough to keep me watching for a little while longer.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

wie has hit some great shots so far today.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

The Soheim cup has been enjoyable to watch. Hopefully the players can carry some of their enthusiasm back to the tour.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Im all about showing pride and emotion but christina kim is getting to be a bit rediculous. She is really becoming obnoxious.

In my N xtreme sport bag

Driver- Hibore XLS
3 Wood- Speed LDF
3 & 4- Insight A2OS Hybrid

5-9- 755's

L,S,Gtom Watson G, S, L

Putter- Karsten Anser

Ball- Whatever

Interesting. I could have done ten different scenarios and none of them would have Gulbis going out last.

Exactly, she is getting no TV coverage! Even with that, it's still a great event.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I logged into this thread JUST to say how obnoxious and embarrassing Christina Kim has been. Have some respect for your competitors. You can be enthusiastic, excited and even patriotic without these absurd antics from her. The constant Arsenio-Hall-like fist-pump whooping and screaming....it's poor sportsmanship. I'll go watch the NBA or the NFL if I see a bunch of 'look at me' attitude. I watch golf b/c it's SUPPOSED to be a sporting game.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Note: This thread is 5366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!