IGNORED

Swing Extender

iacas
Note: This thread is 3171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I will give this a try. Just over the past week, I have actually been working on shortening my swing after noticing that I was going back too far. This should really help.

Thanks for the link, Iacas!! Just put my order in!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not really. If I could do that after using one for 5 days then maybe

I'm still waiting on mine to show up from a 3rd party vendor. I'll definitely provide some feedback after a few days of use, as I've been working hard the last month trying to reduce glaring flaws in my swing, and hope this training aid can help. I'll be a good tester since my arm positioning at the top of the backswing can break down when I try to gain the proper shoulder turn, so I hope this device can help me correct that problem.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

i can see how it helps with distance, widening the backswing at the top, but im not sure i understand how it can make you more accurate? im not saying i dont think it will do that, im just not knowledgable enough to know how.

Colin P.

im not sure i understand how it can make you more accurate? im not saying i dont think it will do that, im just not knowledgable enough to know how.

For the most part, the longer the backswing becomes, the harder time a person has controlling it and staying in good position. So shortening the backswing will keep most players in a better position, giving them more accuracy.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Well, mine showed up at the house yesterday. I didn't have a chance to try it out but I plan on using it after work today.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I definitely have to agree with this one. I'm not big into training aids but this one has merit and you will certainly see more consistent ballstriking after using. I recommend this like some of the others here. Best thing to me is the simplicity of use and it is easy to duplicate the position afterwards.

I ordered too, bet that guy's gonna be happy.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

Damn you!!!!!!!..... Just bought one as well. Couldn't pass up an inexpensive training aide with positive feedback........

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

Another Sand Trapper just got the Swing Extender... I'll try mine today. Came yesterday and last night swinging around, it felt really good -- exactly the position one would want with the right arm. This could be a really good tool for lots of golfers. A fuller report will come after time on the range hitting balls. I view it as a maintenance check device, something to check your backswing to see if you are in a good position. Sure felt right on little pitches around the yard.

RC

Swing extender review:

Tried my "just arrived yesterday" swing extender on the range today. This is a very good tool. First, understand, I have previously worked very hard to make sure my right arm does not get inside a 90 angle on the backswing. I try to get a slightly obtuse angle -- not quite to the 90 degree position. So, I go out to hit a bucket and thankfully the swing extender did not push against my arm at all. On some swings I could feel touching it -- so mission accomplished. I could hit exactly the same shots with or without it. It does not interfere or feel cumbersome (you know it is there, but it does not get in your way) while swinging. If you were to over-bend the arm, it will tell you and correct that problem. Keeping good right arm extension is important to a good swing arc, but it is a little misunderstood. Usually people just say, "keep your left arm straight on the backswing." Of course some contradict this and say a slight bending of the left arm is OK as well. I take no position on what more accomplished people may or may not advocate, however, I think it is very important to not let your backswing breakdown due to allowing your right arm to bend more than 90 degrees -- just a personal opinion.

I had a couple of other guys I play with try it. One immediately noted it restricted his backswing -- he was not keeping his extension, but he proceeded to hit several really nice flighted shots using it. He thought it would be a good thing to use warming up. The second guy agreed it was a great tool, and mentioned he had used a slightly different version of a device that did somewhat the same thing many years ago. He, too, hit shots with no problem using the device. (note: he had many lessons with Jackie Burke and already had a proper backswing.)

So, I give the device a thumbs up... It provides good feedback to let you know where your back swing is and how your extension is working.

RC

Well, still waiting on mine to show up. Don't buy from the vendor on eBay I mentioned on the first page. After almost two weeks I wrote the vendor asking where the swing extender was, and the only reply I got was a refund. Great I got a refund, but I really wanted the swing extender

2011 Goals:
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

• Administrator
Well, still waiting on mine to show up. Don't buy from the vendor on eBay I mentioned on the first page. After almost two weeks I wrote the vendor asking where the swing extender was, and the only reply I got was a refund. Great I got a refund, but I really wanted the swing extender

I don't know who you bought from on eBay... I just bought directly from the guy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't know who you bought from on eBay... I just bought directly from the guy.

Agreed. Sorry about any confusion: on the first page I listed a vendor I bought from on ebay (doing my own searching) and was just warning anyone to avoid that vendor. Said vendor is not associated with the guy who came up with and sells the swing extender on his own website.

2011 Goals:

After a lot of hooking - and neutering the shortstop now and then with my driver - I'm thinking of picking this up. I'm pretty sure the hooking (even with wedges) is in part based on too long a back swing. Can anyone comment if these sound like problems the device would help fix?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

played a competitive round (losing team bought lunch :P ) after only using the extender a few times the day before on the range.

first 9 holes I was on fire. the few drives that were off line were only draws and fades, nothing unplayable at all. my iron play was insanely consistent, put a string of holes together where I was within 15 ft on each approach shot with some serious gusts of wind. I'm not sure if I can atrribute extra distance to the extender as I'm doing some other things when I'm at the range these days...but I walloped a 5 iron beyond 210 yards uphill with strong right to left wind. totally took me by surprise as it was the shot I wanted, except a good 30 yards too long.

unfortunately I started to break down on the back 9. might have been the 110 degree heat, but I started to get back to old habits. I didn't totally implode, still had some great holes, but it wasn't quite as solid as the front.

I think a full week on the range + swing ext I'll be pretty happy, we'll see.

Spine 10.5*
FYbrid 15*
Pi5 3-PW
Tw9 54* - 60*
Rossa Daytona

How long did it take for the product to arrive? I ordered last Wednesday and have not received any notification that it has shipped........

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW

So I have used the swing extender for a couple of nights now. I have to say that I don't know if it is worth the $30 IMO. Maybe I have shortened my swing enough with the use of TourTempo, but I just don't seem to notice the extender there during my swing. It also seems to shift around quite a bit on your arm. So, you will find yourself adjusting it after a few swings or so.

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW

Note: This thread is 3171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!