IGNORED

Swing Extender

iacas
Note: This thread is 3186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it force your right elbow away from your body more than usual? i.e. Fred Couples?

G10 Driver Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 Stiff
G5 3-Wood Aldila NV65-Stiff
G15 20 Hybrid TFC stiff
I15 Irons 4-P
S/M Black Nickel 52 56 60 Marxman Mini 33" Tour B330 RXCarroll Valley Resort, Fairfield PA Rating: 72.3 Slope: 128www.carrollvalley.com

• Administrator
Does it force your right elbow away from your body more than usual? i.e. Fred Couples?

No. Not at all.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I found a device similar to this in a dime bin at a Golfsmith in Austin around 7 years ago. Very helpful, I would recomend it as well, great for keeping your backswing in shape.

-Beane

So is anyone tired of using their's and ready to sell it to a broke college kid ?

I personally think $30 is steep for what it is that you are getting. I am talking about the physical hardware, not the potential of being an awesome golfer.

EDIT: After watching a few swing visions on youtube, I was wondering... When in the swing should the 90*'s be formed, and when should it be released? One video in particular was Ernie Els's iron shot swing vision at LA 07. The announcer specifically talks about Ernie holding this 90*'s for a period of time. Is this discussed in the DVD that the product comes with?

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

• 2 weeks later...
Just used one of these during my lesson tonight and I'm convinced this is another great aid in working on the swing. One of my main problems is my left are(I'm a righty)breaking down and this helped right off the bat and gave me the feeling what I was looking for. I'm ordering one as soon as I post this!

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

• 2 months later...
Bumping a old thread I know.

Is this the same concept Michael Breed uses on the Golf Fix when he puts a Swim Floatie over his right elbow? If so, might be a cheaper alternative.

• Administrator
Is this the same concept Michael Breed uses on the Golf Fix when he puts a Swim Floatie over his right elbow? If so, might be a cheaper alternative.

Kinda. There are a few problems with the floatie, though, not the least of which is that you look like a tool. Or more so than a guy using a black strap and piece of plastic, anyway. Plus it may or may not limit you to 90°, and you can't train "passively" with the floatie - avoiding touching it so you know you're not getting to 90.

• 10 months later...

Got mine in the mail today...thought I discovered 'something', however a lil SEARCH...here we are.  Will give it a go at the range tomorrow, gotta admit just swinging in the garage has me quite intriged.  If I can keep the elbow from flying, this might be a good tool.

Don't know what it can do to prevent flying elbows, but it does a good job preventing them from bending past 90º.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator

Even PGA Tour pros use the Swing Extender! :-) Still a great little training aid, and not an expensive one...

Where would I keep my cigarettes

42-16778245.jpg

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

Guess what I spotted on the arm of Phil Mickelson today during Masters coverage on Golf Channel?

photo.JPG

Interestingly, I've always worn it on my upper arm, not on my forearm. It would work the same in either place, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just purchased this after seeing Mickelson with it on the past couple of tournaments.  Did a quick search on the forums because I was coming here to give my opinion on it, which is "Best Training Aid EVER" (well, for me and my problem anyway).  When my swing goes haywire it can usually be traced back to one or two things: either head movement or me giving it my John Daly wrap-around swing.  Lately it's been the latter and when I took this to the range yesterday it was like magic.  I was losing so much power and distance because of my arms folding-put this on and was booming it.  Probably picked up at least a club in distance over what I was used to hitting it when I was striking it well (or thought I was) and easily 2 clubs of distance at what I'd been hitting it recently.  Guess that shows how bad my swing had actually gotten.  Few more times at the range with it and hopefully the feeling will be ingrained.  Highly, highly recommend this product if you have a similar problem.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

• 6 months later...

I immediately ordered this device after reading this thread, however, I decided to try and work on my right elbow at the range before it arrived.  I know no one is going to believe me but, 2 days after working on it, I shot an 80 with 3 three-putts.  I have been struggling for years over rotating and did not realize the role of the right elbow could have on this issue.  Before reading this thread, I would have my right elbow's angle at 30 degrees and sometimes smaller.  And until I read this thread, I did not know how to fix it.  This was a simple tip to incorporate and showed immediate results.

Thank you IACAS!

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

• 2 years later...
I have a VERY LONG backswing and have been wanting to try this out. I looked at the PGA Tour Superstore the other day, and they didn't have any in their "training aid" section. I guess I'll just have to order it online. I'm sure it will help. I think when I was playing my best a couple years ago, my backswing was much shorter. **EDIT** I just ordered 1. It was $37 with shipping. I'll report back after using it for a bit.

Note: This thread is 3186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!