IGNORED

What do you think of people with headcovers carried by pros?

Msokol13
Note: This thread is 5362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know it's not for me, the big head covers make it to hard to get the other clubs out of the bag. I'm fine with other's doing it, it can make for interesting conversation when playing.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

My driver is sporting this headcover:

In a game that can get too serious with all its rules and etiquette, I think it adds some fun. It certainly cheer me up when walking on the course. I don't care if people use a tiger headcover, it's not like you are not allowed to use black pants and red shirts when playing golf just because Tiger does it. If people like having a tiger on their club, who cares?

Sure hope I never let the kid inside me let go.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe if I end up at a school that has a Tiger mascot, I would consider it. But it would have to look like the school's mascot, and that would be my motivating reason. At the moment, my headcovers are either functional, or in the case of driver and 5-wood, the mascots of my two schools: anteater (undergrad) and bruin (graduate school), so it's possible for a tiger to fit the pattern.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

a friend of mine has one of those john daly lion headcovers. i don't think he selected it, though - if memory serves, someone gave it to him for free, so he went ahead and just slapped it on his driver, moreso just to have a headcover than "ooooh, this is john daly's headcover!"

me personally, i'm all for individualism. find a headcover that suits you, not your idol (or whoever...).

My wife knitted me a camo head cover for my driver. But hey to each their own!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I have Cleveland Launcher driver and 3 wood. I love the standard covers they came with this year so no reason to change.

As for those that use pro golfers covers, I don't really care. I wouldn't do it because it looks dorky imo, but if someone else likes it go for it.

I carry a sheltie, collie, and border collie headcovers on my driver, 3 wood, and 19 hybrid.

I think they're awesome and add personality to your bag, they also help prevent theft from what I've heard

G15 10.5 Driver
G15 17 Wood
G10 24 Hybrid
G10 6-PW Irons
52, 56, 60, and 64 degree wedges Detour Newport 2 DT SoLo BallSwing Speed: 111 MPH, wish I could putt.

I wish they made a 460 snoopy headcover, wouldn't mind one of those for fun lol. It just seems excessive to get a headcover if I've got a nice one that matches the club already. Not saying I wouldn't like one, just they came with some nice ones so why not use them.

I used a foam middle finger. I was told to remove it.

G10 Driver Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 Stiff
G5 3-Wood Aldila NV65-Stiff
G15 20 Hybrid TFC stiff
I15 Irons 4-P
S/M Black Nickel 52 56 60 Marxman Mini 33" Tour B330 RXCarroll Valley Resort, Fairfield PA Rating: 72.3 Slope: 128www.carrollvalley.com

I dont' use headcovers.

Let the scratches begin!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I just keep with the headcover provided with the club. Only "custom" I use is the Tabasco bottle for my putter, as it did not come with one.

Only custom head cover ive got is a St Louis Rams driver head cover that I got for Christmas last year and still use it. Cartoon characters are funny though, might consider getting a taz head cover or something like that, might hint that I would like something like that as gift this year for Christmas.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

My headcovers are getting a bit threadbare. My wife is buying me lots of small golf-related items for my coming birthday. This might include headcovers, but I said to her I said, "no Tigers and nothing else that would make me look like a golfing dork .....", or words to that effect.

But that's just MHO. Others may not care how they look on the course to people like me. To each his own.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I used a foam middle finger. I was told to remove it.

LOL. On the other hand they could have let you use it but penalized you 3 strokes from the get-go.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I personally wouldnt carry a headcover that is a replica or what a pro has.
I use all OEM headcovers on my clubs, but if I were to go with something different it would have to be either a pom-pom headcover or headcovers with the Wisconsin Badgers, Wisconsin state flag or with the American flag on them.
Id want my headcovers to represent me, who I am and where Im from, and those would best represpent that.
If someone wants to use the same headcovers as their favorite pro golfer, more power to 'em. Its just not my style though...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!