IGNORED

Longest Drive Witnessed

Drifterland
Note: This thread is 5076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If I was rich I would take a trip to England a play a round of golf with you. I want to take a trip over so bad!

theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com Aol messenger: "Drifterland88"

Driver Tour Burner 9.5 s (Best Driver Ever!)
3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to break a Pinnacle Lady in half today with an angry (don't ask) 100% swing into a strong wind (It flew over a small dust-devil!). It flew 270 and rolled another 15 or so via my GPS handheld. I'd bet that sucker would have flown pretty far with a firmer ball and no headwind....maybe 300...who knows. The wind gave it a funny shape. It's probably the longest ball I've hit all year, normalizing for conditions. The group on the short par-4 green gave me some looks...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Nice! I love it when they look at me like, "What the hell was that? I'm trying to play here".

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

The longest drive I have hit was last month at Merrist Wood GC, Surrey, UK.

The 6th hole is par 5, 499 yards (off the yellow tees). My drive ended up in the middle of the fairway 1 yard short of the 150 marker, i.e. a drive of 348 yards.

I remember turning my hands over at impact, which seemed to generate a load more clubhead speed - but I don't usually do that and I don't know why I did it on that swing! I need to practice it at the range, but I am not sure if it is "proper" technique. (Time for a forum post...)

After the drive, I hit an 8 iron into the wind, landed it on the green for a 20 ft eagle putt.

Missed it, and putted for a birdie.

Missed that as well, and putted for par.

Made it. Just.

(What a waste!)

My longest drive off the cart path- 400 yards

My longest real drive in the fairway- 290 yards

In my Bag-

Driver: 909 d3 Matrix Ozik XCON 6 stiff
3 wood: 906 f4 Graphite Design YS-6+
Irons: r7 tp Dynamic Gold S300Wedges: vokey spin milled Putter: tei3 newport 2

I hit my longest drive ever tonight ( this is my first golf season. ) I usually get about 240-260 off the tee, but I've been changing my swing after my lesson yesterday, and today, I ripped one 365 yards straight down the middle of a 475 yard par 5. I still managed to make par, though.... The fairway was extremely hard and after I carried 300 yards or so, the hole starts going down-hill slowly but surely. It bounced like a super-ball.

I hit one 315 yesterday taken with the Skycaddie. I have had trouble with my woods lately, so I decided to slow my swing down a bit. I caught it perfect with my hands in the perfect position. It was one of those that start out lower and then about 200 out they start climbing like a plane. It was probably the best ball I have hit all year...well, I know it was! And the funny part is, I swung with a slower more controlled swing. Now if I could just do that everytime...

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit my longest drive ever tonight ( this is my first golf season. ) I usually get about 240-260 off the tee, but I've been changing my swing after my lesson yesterday, and today, I ripped one 365 yards straight down the middle of a 475 yard par 5. I still managed to make par, though....

Bounced like a super-ball! I saw that exact same thing happen here in Tx at a driving range during our current drought. It was a high 8-iron that landed and bounced probably 40 feet in the air. I've never seen anything like it. It made a ping sound when it hit the ground!

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

435 yards

Fox Hollow in Trinity Florida

Playing from the tips on hole #7, buddy of mine hit a push and it bounced down the road, ended up in the gutter in an expansion joint..... pin high.

If you have ever played the course you know the hole I am talking about!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Played with Brandon Inge of the Detroit Tigers earlier this year. He hit several of his drives in excess of 380 yards and never hit one less than about 350 all day.

I would feel like a small child in that situation.

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s

The longest drive that I have ever hit was at Disney's Palm Course when it was reaaaaallllly hot. 350 yards even on a par four like number 3 I want to say. Longest drive I have ever witnessed would be any long bomb at the Masters or Tour Championship in the last 2 years when I went to them.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...
300 metres(330 yards) and that was by a 16 year old....
I also saw him drive the green on our short par 4 18th (280m)(300 yards).
He sunk the 20 foot eagle putt.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

378 yards on a dogleg par 5. He hit it over the dogleg back into the fairway and had only 60 yards left to pin. We measured it with Skycaddie.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Longest drive ive ever hit is about 270 yards at Colonial Golf course at sandoval, il on hole 8, a 327 yard par 4 with water right in front of the green, had a bit of helping wind and at Indian Hills golf course in Mt Vernon, 10th hole i think, 556 yard par 5 where I hit it about an equal distance. I hit almost to the end of the fairway, about 20 yards in front of the water, still only made bogey as I flew the green on my 2nd and chipped on and 2 putted. Longest Ive ever seen in person is when we were playing at Crooked Creek in Mt vernon. Hole 6, 345 yard par 4, a friend of mine crushed a drive just to the right of the green even with the pin, had to be 345-350 yards, he actually hit it too far on a couple of the other shorter par 4's, going past the green.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Im not a bomber by any means but I surprised myself one day. We were on a 340 yard par 4, I got up and ripped it and knew I hit it good. I got to the fairway and couldnt find my ball anywhere after loooking forever. I took a drop and hit my second shot on the green. When I got on the green, low and behold my drive flew the green and was about 5 yards behind the green. That will never happen again. It was down hill and the wind was blowing about 20mph but it was great.

Note: This thread is 5076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!