IGNORED

The Massachusetts thread

jamo
Note: This thread is 3677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

99% sure Pleasant Valley is still private

Well then their mobile site must still be under construction.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

maybe they are changing for 2014?

That would be nice. On second thought though, it's probably just a wonky website. I've seen a few good courses use that website template, and a lot of then have looked like that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I played the Orchards in Holyoke years ago. It reminded me a lot of some of the Pinehurst courses. The only negative was that the first hole is dead into the early morning sun, so it was very hard to see the ball.

I liked far corners, I normally play Wenham CC since its less than 5 minutes away from my work.  The only other courses I have played more than once or so was Black Swan in Georgetown and Gannon in Lynn which is only about 5 minutes away from home for me.

I will have to try some of these other ones out when the weather warms up.

I liked far corners, I normally play Wenham CC since its less than 5 minutes away from my work.  The only other courses I have played more than once or so was Black Swan in Georgetown and Gannon in Lynn which is only about 5 minutes away from home for me.

I will have to try some of these other ones out when the weather warms up.

I played Black Swan once.  Nice course.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Are heated driving ranges common in the area?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Are heated driving ranges common in the area?

Common? no, with snow cover they run out of balls. I only know of one in my area, propane heaters. There are more and more indoor golf facilities- some at the actual clubs them selves

Middleton has a range with heated stalls and they let you hit into snow.  But it's 15 degrees today with gusts to 30mph, so indoor range anyone?

Scott

My Swing Thread

Middleton has a range with heated stalls and they let you hit into snow.  But it's 15 degrees today with gusts to 30mph, so indoor range anyone?

There's one in Southborough like that too, but the heaters always suck. I stay indoors during the winter.

In my bag:

There's a range in Seekonk about 10 mins from my office with heated stalls, but they've been closed due to the snow/low temps.

There's a number of sims in the area, but no places to hit and see real ballflight. We had a dome here in Dartmouth a number of years ago that offered a driving range, but it deflated and went out of businesses right afterwards. I was more upset about losing the indoor roller hockey rink then, than anything else!

Russ B.

There's a range in Seekonk about 10 mins from my office with heated stalls, but they've been closed due to the snow/low temps.

I googled Seekonk to see where it is.  Any idea why google puts a picture of a shirtless man next to the map?

You're an evolvr guy, right?  So you just hit up that range to keep up with your lessons?

Common? no, with snow cover they run out of balls. I only know of one in my area, propane heaters. There are more and more indoor golf facilities- some at the actual clubs them selves

I figured they would just buy more balls. We certainly don't get the snow that you guys do but I went to the range this weekend (ground covered for a week now) and asked how long they can go without picking.  They said they have "millions" of balls in reserve and that a couple years ago they went 3.5 weeks without picking and didn't come close to running out before the ground cleared up.  Indoor facilities would be even better though.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

There's one in Southborough like that too, but the heaters always suck. I stay indoors during the winter.

FWIW, the main indoor ranges I go to are the Forekicks soccer domes in Marlborough and Norfolk.

In my bag:

FWIW, the main indoor ranges I go to are the Forekicks soccer domes in Marlborough and Norfolk.

That's worth a lot, thanks!  I was trying to find these places online but didn't come up with much.  Those would be a lot more convenient if things work out and I end up living up there.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Jamo, didn't realize you were that young... Anyways, I live in Albany NY, so central Massachusetts isn't too bad of a drive, if anyone wanted to do a Springfield area course this summer. I'm sick of seeing all these west coast Sandtrap get togethers.

Colin P.

You're an evolvr guy, right?  So you just hit up that range to keep up with your lessons?

For the indoor range, I can get some video, but the lighting is not that good.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I googled Seekonk to see where it is.  Any idea why google puts a picture of a shirtless man next to the map?

LOL! Apparently that guy is from Seekonk and was named a top eligible bachelor by People magazine or something. Quite interesting that THAT is the article/image Google chooses to associate with Seekonk...

Russ B.

Note: This thread is 3677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!