IGNORED

Favorite golf course you have played.

PrairieParson
Note: This thread is 5318 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow. You jsut inspired me to get with a few buddies and take advantage of a package deal. I've never played anywhere but withing about a 30-45 mile radius of my home. This course will be my first out of state. Looks amazing.

I almost forgot. I also enjoyed playing The Players Club course at Foxfire . Beautiful, well kept, and nice and challenging. Played it in a scramble though so can't really tell how well I did.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

my favorite was hammock creek in palm city, fl. i played it when it first opened many years ago. it's a jack nicklaus design and was beautiful to play. the courses i want to play someday are pebble, bethpage, sawgrass, and muirfield village. augusta would be great but i don't think that will ever happen.

In My Bag:
Driver: ERC Fusion 10* stiff
3W: Big Bertha Fusion 13* stiff
5W: Big Bertha 2004 15* firm
7W: Big Bertha 2004 21* firm3H: IHS 20* med firm4H: IHS 23* med firm5I-PW: IHS reg steelAW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 52* SW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 56*LW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 60*LW: FX 64*

Mayacama Golf Club in Sonoma County, CA

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

EagleSticks

Really? Wow...I mean it's ok but if it were me, I'd drive another 30 minutes and play Longaberger (which I realize is much more expensive but wow).

I'd definitely put Longaberger on my list of favorites, along with OCN, Bay Harbor, TPC Treviso Bay, Old Corkscrew and Tiburon.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

• Administrator
Really? Wow...I mean it's ok but if it were me, I'd drive another 30 minutes and play Longaberger (which I realize is much more expensive but wow).

I think both Eagle Sticks and Longaberger are worth the rates they charge. http://thesandtrap.com/courses/eagle...ille_oh_review http://thesandtrap.com/courses/longa...port_oh_review

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think both Eagle Sticks and Longaberger are worth the rates they charge.

A buddy of mine won a free foursome at longaberger and he's supposed to invite me. Based on all the excellent reports, I can't wait.

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

I think both Eagle Sticks and Longaberger are worth the rates they charge.

Oh I agree and didn't mean to take anything away from Eaglesticks at all; it's a nice enough course...but I was meaning more towards the topic which is "favorite". Eaglesticks just didn't have that "wow" factor for me, or anything really memorable. It was nice...don't get me wrong, but the most memorable thing about it (to me) was how funky of a location it was in. Driving along a busy road and "boom...here's a golf course".

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Carnegie Abbey Golf Club in Portsmouth, RI. (#4 in RI).
The Country Club Primrose Course. No, it's not the actual 18 holes they play at tournaments, but they use #1 and #9 as holes most of the time. Beautiful course.

Arrowhead Public golf course in Colorado. Absolutely mind blowing.

Bag: Cheapo
Driver:983K
Woods: Steelhead
Irons-PW: X-12
SW: 56* CG14LW: 60* CG14Putter:Craz-E "I Series"BallNY, NY"Chinch Bugs"

Oak Hill in Rochester. A real Championship Course. Look at the Champions who have won there---Lee Trevino in the 1968 US Open; Jack in the 1980 PGA Championship; before that, here is some of the fantastic history:

As the trees began to grow, it became obvious that the combination of Donald Ross' and Williams' skills had created a masterpiece, and the time to put it to the test arrived in 1934. As a dual celebration of Rochester's Centennial and the 20th anniversary of native son, Walter Hagen's first U.S. Open triumph, the Hagen Centennial Open was contested on the East Course, the more demanding of the two courses. Leo Deigel posted a four-round total of 276 and took home the first prize of $600.

Seven years later in 1941, the Times-Union newspaper put up a $5,000 purse, and a star-studded field of 138 players came to town, led by Hagen, Sam Snead, Ben Hogan and Gene Sarazen. The tournament belonged to Snead who shot 277 and won by seven over Hogan. Despite the ease of his victory, the course had tested Snead, and he said, "This course is certainly one of the finest I have ever seen, fit for either an Open or a PGA."

Hogan loved the course, too, and he vowed to return in 1942. He did, and he won, shooting a 64 in the first round, which remains the course record!! His 278 total was three better than Craig Wood.

With Champions like Hogan, Snead, Nicklaus, and Trevino, what better qualifications are there for the quality of any golf course?

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Administrator
It was nice...don't get me wrong, but the most memorable thing about it (to me) was how funky of a location it was in. Driving along a busy road and "boom...here's a golf course".

If memory serves I led the review with that... something like "strip mall, gas station, hobby train store, 84 Lumber, another gas station, golf course.

My most memorable round of golf was at Oakmont, but I need to go back and play it again as the last time I played it, it had trees.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here are the list for my fav golf courses . They are not in US.

The Old Course (1893 ) ,( ~7000 yards )
Royal Selangor Golf and Country Club , Malaysia
http://www.rsgc.com.my

KGNS , Malaysia
http://www.subanggolf.com/

Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Country Club ( Par 72 , 8548 Y )
Lijiang , China
http://www.ljxsgolf.com/
Located in a Higland ( just like Devner Co, ) this course is definitely one of the most scenic golf course with a Snow Mountain as the back ground , that I have played . One of the Par 5 is 780 yards ( Black Tee )

Mission Hills – Olazabal Course (7320 Yards )
Mission Hills , Shenzhen , China
http://www.missionhillsgroup.com/inf...al-course.aspx
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Played a few stunners in my time but if the good Lord only ever lets me play one course for what few years I have left, I'd go for Santiburi in Chang Rai, Thailand.

Robert Trent Jones design and when you see it, you know why the guy gets the big bucks.

From the moment you drive through the front gate it's just stunning. I've played it 30 times plus and have never been let down by the condition or the general atmosphere.

Sure was. My group knew we were in for a wild ride when we saw the freaking practice green......rut-ro......

Living and playing in eastern NC found me playing, whenever I could, at my still favorite golf course: Lane Tree Golf Club in Goldsboro, NC. http://www.lanetree.com/index.html The layout is really something special and the bent grass greens were superb...a real treat. Many of the greens are multi-level. I can't stess how nice and fun this course was and I assume still is. The rates were always very resonable and the course condition top notch. I wish this course was right around the corner and I'd be in paradise.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

It's a three way tie between Bayonet and Blackhorse in Monterey/Seaside CA. It's on Old Fort Ord where I was stationed while attending Defense Language Institute, and they are a phenominal pair of courses. Pebble Beach was out of my budget since I was a married E-4 when I lived out there.

I was stationed at Ft. Ord back in the early 90's before it closed and I have to rate "The Bayonet" course up there as one of the best I have played. I had a regular foursome I played in back then and the General would always have a 4-man scramble once a month on payday! Our team won it on one occasion with a -6 under par on Bayonet, that's how tough that course was! -6 under par in a scramble on most courses will get you a concellation prize for coming in last,,,lol! I guess years ago they use to use Bayonet as a Monday qualifier for the AT&T; tournament! I was very fortunate that I did get to play Pebble Beach while I was out there. They use to give away 20 rounds a year to the military and you could put your regular foresome in the drawing and we won one year and we played Pebble for free! So I guess I could name my favorites but it's too hard to choose just one over the 35 years of playing golf: Pebble Beach , Monterey CA - Most famous I've played Bayonet , Ft. Ord CA - Maybe the toughest I've played Lakeland Hills , Jackson MI - Course I grew up on Cascades , Jackson MI - Our Golf Team home course Forrest Akers , E.Lansing MI - MSU home course Carrituck Club , Duck NC - Most I've ever payed for a round,,lol LongBay , Mrytle Beach SC - A nice Jack Nicklaus layout Green Lakes , Syracuse NY - A tough Robert Trent Jones layout Camp Casey , Camp Casey Korea - It wasn't really much of a course, located about 15-20 miles from the DMZ, but a lot of good memories there!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Played, it kicked my ass. I had sand in places that...well sand just doesn't belong there. When they tell you there is no OB on the course you think great....then you see what is in play and you don't think so any more.

I would like to play it again...would play it much more controlled. The last 3 or 4 holes on the back when you turn towards the clubhouse are just nasty if you don't keep the ball low and out of the wind.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I think Oakland Hills Country Club South Course in Michigan is the best I have played. Hosted 2008 PGA Championship, and 2004 Ryder Cup.

Whats In the Bag?
Hibore XL Fujikura Gold Regular Shaft
GT Tight Lies 2 3 wood
A30S 2 Iron Hybrid Prolaunch Platinum Stiff
G5 3 Hybrid Prolaunch Blue Stiff Zing irons 4-PW Dynamic Golf S300 Eye 2 Sand Wedge J33 Lob Wedge Pro V1PGA Brand T-Line Putter/ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2

Note: This thread is 5318 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!