IGNORED

Allenby has a dig at AK

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

woah.. lol Good comeback from Kim though

Looking for a new bag..
- Taylor Made Burner TP 10.5
- Tommy Armour 845 3 wood
- Nike CPR 18 degree rescue
- Taylor Made r7 draw 4-pw- Taylor Made RAC 52 degree - Cleveland 588 wedges 56 and 60 degree- Taylor Made TPI-23 putter- Taylor Made TP Black (can't wait for the Penta)

Much respect to AK. Allenby can suck it!

1. If I was 24, I wouldn't want to spend time hanging around a bunch of old married guys either. All the old guys are talking about kids, and babysitting, and finding the right private school, and all the other stuff old married guys talk about. If I was 24 again, I would be interested in that for about 5 minutes, and then I would be gone...

2. AK has sacrificed so much more than any of us can imagine. He deserves some slack to "make up for lost time," if you will...

3. Adam Scott's game is in the toilet, but no one gives him flack for banging pro tennis players instead of practicing.

4. When I was 24, I used to go out during the week, chasing poon, and then still get up the next day and do my job. Well.
I have no doubt that AK could party, and then kick ass the next day. As long as he's not partying EVERY night...

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

I just lol'd so hard that my stomach hurts.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

If it's any consolation for Adam Scott, Ana's game has gone to the bin since they started dating, too.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

to be fair

Kim's attitude had been something of an issue for the American team. Earlier in the week, U.S. captain Fred Couples had words with Kim about his behavior. Couples said Sunday that he'd been "tough" with Kim.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

This actually shows quite a weakness in Alleby, especially for an estabilshed tour professional. It obvious that AK cares less about what happens on the golf course, as he has such a good life outside it. I dont mean this in a bad way - he is not concerned about end results, he just shows and shoots 65 without much thought. Allenby's game is prob in his head 24/7 when he's bored at home with the wife and kids, and he is pretty ignorant for not seeing this!!

This actually shows quite a weakness in Alleby, especially for an estabilshed tour professional. It obvious that AK cares less about what happens on the golf course, as he has such a good life outside it. I dont mean this in a bad way - he is not concerned about end results, he just shows and shoots 65 without much thought. Allenby's game is prob in his head 24/7 when he's bored at home with the wife and kids, and he is pretty ignorant for not seeing this!!

You gathered all that information from the article? That's impressive.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It could be as simple as AK being 26 years old, worth millions and going out doing his thing...is it right? maybe not but try to remember when you were 26...at least for me with millions of $$ it wouldn't have been pretty.

That is assuming he did in fact go out that night. From reading the link I don't know that we can be certain of that.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Ok, everyone knows how a guy in the 20's want to live life and all that. The question is if wether it is suitable to do it during a tournament where you are one of twelve to represent the entire country. I'm not saying he did go out, but let's say hypothetically, if someone did. Could be anyone of them, not specifically AK. Of all the 52 weekends during one year, the one with most prestige is not when you want to go raving.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

The question isn't whether or not he should be doing that during a tournament of any magnitude.

The question is, why the fook should anybody really care what someone always in public eye does in their private life? If I was young, rich, and somewhat successful early in my career, I'd be out enjoying my life, too.

For what it's worth, if there isn't actual proof of him being out on Saturday night then the only thing one should take from this article is that Robert Allenby is a sore loser, who can't putt for shit.

Zeph, its only the Presidents Cup, its not like its a real tournament. The US guys are just there for charity, to make the Continental team feel like they are part of something!! You are correct on the principle, and if it was a tournament or the Ryder Cup or something it'd be different, Pres Cup is like a piss about though!!

I think the Ozzies and South Africans would definitely disagree with that statement. However, again, my point on the matter is pretty simple.

If I come to work every day on time, do my job well, exceed expectations, and leave at 5:30 every day, why can't I go home knock back a few bourbons, smoke a cigar, and pass out in my underwear on the couch? Or go out to happy hour, order a bottle or two of Goose, and crawl home at 2:00am? If I'm at work the next day, whooping ass and taking names, than who deserves to judge me?

The only time anyone in the public should be concerned with Anthony Kim, is when he's on the golf course. This article should really more clearly indicate what a whiny little girl Allenby is. Have some respect for your competitor, or keep your comments in the kangaroo pouch with your putting, and your dignity.

"Ok, everyone knows how a guy in the 20's want to live life and all that. The question is if wether it is suitable to do it during a tournament where you are one of twelve to represent the entire country. I'm not saying he did go out, but let's say hypothetically, if someone did. Could be anyone of them, not specifically AK. Of all the 52 weekends during one year, the one with most prestige is not when you want to go raving. "

The question is whether it is acceptable to aim the microscope at a player because a bitter, sore loser decided he'd revert to grade school tactics and attack a person's character after being defeated on the golf course.

If Kim's behavior was questionable by any stretch, it would be one of his teammates' or coaches' peragotive to call him out -- not a person he just beat.

Party on Wayne...Party on Garth....Party on AK!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Maybe AK should have had a few more Irish Car Bombs, stayed out all night, and just stagged up to the first tee. In that scenario, we might have seen something that resembled a competitive match!

AK isn't the new John Daly, he's the new Max McGee!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

You know, if you get beat by someone, maybe talking about how they could've played better isn't the thing to do.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 5304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!