IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If

Men don't always act "smart" when they are in panic mode and covering up an indescretion. But the recording is logical to me. If your wife is suspicious, you will try very hard to keep her in the dark. The man in the recording (Tiger?) is asking her to change her voice mail greeting. If Elin calls the number and gets a non-descript voice mail (instead of the girls name), she will have a harder time connecting the dots.

It sure sounds like Tiger but it could be an elaborate scheme. I'm pretty sure that Elin will know if it is Tiger (or not).

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the message on one of the sports shows this morning. Like previously stated, it could be anyone. Another thing with the message is what he's asking her to do doesn't really make sense. I am not sure that what is really going on will ever come out, but I would sure like to know. I think all this tight lip stuff is really creating more buzz than if someone would come out with really what's going on.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

• Administrator
Plus, why would deleting her name from her phone make a difference? Or his name from her phone - the phone number is still his (or not). I don't think Tiger's as dumb to say whatever it was that voice was trying to say.

FWIW, I now understand that the caller meant to delete her name from the outgoing message.

Still, I doubt Tiger would say his name, but who knows. I do know he doesn't even trust members of the golf media he's known for a decade with small details, but the power of you-know-what has made many a man a fool. This will continue to be a non-story for me unless there's actual proof. Be interesting to see what the lawyers do now. Take the Ben Roethlisberger case - it's clear he didn't do whatever the woman says he did. So many holes in her story, plus she's nuts. This could be the same. Or not. But this doesn't tell us anything definitive.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"But this doesn't tell us anything definitive. "

perhaps our motive here is not about ethics or morality but the urge to pour more oil to the fire, to see people in high places fall from grace, or the facade of grace, whatever the case may be.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Funniest thing comming out of this non-issue

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Sure sounds like Tiger to me, but 'sounds like' isn't proof. Regardless of who is making the call, let's not kid ourselves, he is trying to cover his tracks. A guy wouldn't call a girl and ask her to take her name off her voicemail greeting unless he didn't want his significant other to know who he has been calling - especially if she is a coctail waitress. Again, whoever it is talking in the message. This remains a private matter and will hopefully blow over sooner rather than later.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

From tiger's website

Tiger comments on current events

I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

'I've let my family down and regret those transgressions'.

Is that an admission of guilt.?He's the king of spin, in more ways than one.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

I find Tiger's posting on his website responsible and reasonable. The moral implications are not for me to say.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
From tiger's website

Uhhh, that doesn't sound good.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

I now think he did this stuff. I still don't really care that much, but I'm definitely leaning towards "he cheated" now. You don't say those things if you're falsely accused, and they don't apply to a minor car accident.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I now think he did this stuff. I still don't really care that much, but I'm definitely leaning towards "he cheated" now. You don't say those things if you're falsely accused, and they don't apply to a minor car accident.

Indeed.But he's doing the right thing by admitting it, setting the record straight.At least now everyone can accept he made mistakes and move on.He's actually gone up in my opinion by being honest about it.Maybe it'll help him be more open in future, and not the bland robo-tiger we're used to.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

• Administrator
Indeed.But he's doing the right thing by admitting it, setting the record straight.

After he flat out denied the stuff earlier. I don't think he's "lied" to us in the past, but now he's lied. I don't like liars.

Plus, what's his choice in women do for his endorsements? Doesn't look good. Phil's joke about "inferior equipment" (though it meant something else) now has new life... Nike: "Tiger chooses Nike." Gillette: "Tiger shaves with Gillette." Consumer: "Yeah, but look at the other things he chooses. Guy's taste clearly isn't that great." There's a joke in there about his AT&T; sponsorship as well, but I can't quite get it out.

I don't respect him as an individual anymore, regardless of what he has done on the golf course. Man up and divorce your wife if you aren't happy.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

After he flat out denied the stuff earlier. I don't think he's "lied" to us in the past, but now he's lied. I don't like liars.

True.But, would you or anyone else admit it unless they absolutely had to?The voicemail has obviously forced his hand.And I'm sure he owned up to his wife a few days ago, before the crash.She's really the only person he should feel bad about lying to really.

Affairs: more common than you think...

3. How Prevalent are Affairs?

Conservative estimates are that 60 percent of men and 40 percent of women will have an extramarital affair. These figures are even more significant when we consider the total number of marriages involved—since it's unlikely that all the men and women having affairs happen to be married to each other. If even half of the women having affairs (or 20 percent) are married to men not included in the 60 percent having affairs, then at least one partner will have an affair in approximately 80 percent of all marriages.

But we need to take a closer look at the statistics on affairs to determine what they can contribute to an understanding of our sexual patterns. While affairs happen in non-marital, "committed" relationships as well as within marriage, most of the statistics deal only with "extramarital" affairs. These statistics began with Kinsey's reports in the 1940's and early 1950's. Kinsey's samples included 5,000 men and showed that by age 40, 50 percent of the men had experienced extramarital sexual intercourse. Kinsey's original samples of 6,000 women showed that by age 40, 26 percent of the women had experienced extramarital sexual intercourse.

Later studies dealing exclusively with men indicate a continuous increase in the number of men having extramarital affairs. The increase for women having affairs has been even more significant. Some of the statistics, both for men and for women, are extremely high and legitimately debated, but many people question any statistics on extramarital affairs, arguing that statistics are unreliable and confusing and that no one knows precisely how prevalent affairs are. While there are slight differences in the estimates based on clinical studies and questionnaires, the bottom line is compelling in showing an extremely high (and rising) incidence of extramarital affairs.

(excerpted from http://www.dearpeggy.com/affairs.html )

Now what do you think the statistics are for rich young professional athletes who travel constantly?

Many wives of professional male athletes have to consider the possibility of their husbands' infidelity, particularly during a long season with numerous road trips. How they handle their fear and stress varies and may depend on their motivation for marriage, a study suggests.

A "culture of adultery" permeates professional sports today, says Steven M. Ortiz, an assistant professor of sociology at Oregon State University. Ortiz presented the findings of his research on the little known survival techniques of athletes' wives at the annual meeting of the American Sociological Association on Monday, August 20, in Anaheim, Calif.

"At home and especially on the road, these athletes deal with boredom, peer group pressure, team loyalty, opportunity, sense of self-importance, and the availability of women who seem to be irresistibly attracted to professional athletes," Ortiz said. "There clearly seems to be a 'fast food sex mentality' among professional athletes."

(Excerpted from http://mentalhealth.about.com/librar...dultery901.htm )

How much do you want to bet that 75% of the married guys on the PGA tour are right this minute crapping their shiny pants hoping their current or ex-mistresses/affairs don't sell out for a lousy $25K (or whatever)?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Note: This thread is 5042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!