IGNORED

"Like this?" "Yea." "Ok." POWW. "Dayumm..."

Note: This thread is 5264 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

RHPM: Didn't you get into it with someone who didn't believe you drove the ball 300 yards so much so that you made a video proving you could?

Not to hijack a thread, but would a video made at an indoor golf centre count? I really wanted to submit a swing video, but I'm too embarassed to do it outside at the range - or maybe I'm afraid to hear the awful truth.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm as skeptical as the next guy but come on, I dont have an official handicap. I use the one Scorecard told me to with a little tweaking but it didnt really represent my 10/20 best rounds. (because i just got it a month ago and havent played since)

20 bucks?? I don't think that is alot of money and for me it is worth it to see how I am playing.

Brian

20 bucks?? I don't think that is alot of money and for me it is worth it to see how I am playing.

Why spend the $20 if yo dont have to. If you want an fine estimate just take your stroke average over par and knock off a couple strokes. It wont work if you are in a tourney where you need an official GHIN, but if you arent its just fine.

But sorry, back to the original post.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I average a 97 for a round, is my handicap correct?

On another note, the OP sure seems defensive in this thread and the one Erik posted, I smell something here.

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

Why spend the $20 if yo dont have to. If you want an fine estimate just take your stroke average over par and knock off a couple strokes. It wont work if you are in a tourney where you need an official GHIN, but if you arent its just fine.

More than that here in the uk! To get a handicap you need to be a member of a club (and that's more than 20 bucks!

)... main reason I haven't got one yet!

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

To me it is worth it. I get to play in a club championship once a year and and there is no guessing. I like to know if I am playing worse or better, and when my GHIN went up 3 points, realized I had to do something different. Plus very useful for gambling. Don't really like to make bets on a guess.

Brian

On another note, the OP sure seems defensive in this thread and the one Erik posted, I smell something here.

There's no possible way for me to explain this without sounding at least a little bit like a dick. So without further adieu....Theres a difference between defensiveness, and telling people the facts. I don't think that I was being defensive at all when I was telling Erik (my good friend) (I hope

), about one of the threads where I cleared up the fact that I was exaggerating about my 300+ drives. The only thing I would ever be defensive about was spring brea-........ Nevermind.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I average a 97 for a round, is my handicap correct?

Wait - just to make sure.. that's not your real average and you were being sarcastic right? or do you only play bethpage black in tournament conditions?

Taylormade R9 TP 9.5*w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S (SST PURE)
Callaway FT 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black Hybrid 20* w/ Voodoo NV8 S
MP-68 3-PW irons w/ KBS Tour X-flex (softstepped 1x)
Cleveland CG-12 52.10Cleveland CG-15 DSG 56.08 Vokey Limited Edition 60-V w/ KBS black nickel S-FlexCircle T Beached Center Shaft...

so by seperating, do you means one hand was sliding the opposite way of the other on the shaft? or your hands were seperating from the shaft?

That swing thought of keeping ones hands together is my current mantra. Keeping contact with the shaft is very important but for me keeping my hands together allows me to defeat the OTT move AND promotes the release of the club. My swing thought is to keep my wrists parallel to each other. This forces me to get my hands to cooperatively work the club.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

Wait - just to make sure.. that's not your real average and you were being sarcastic right? or do you only play bethpage black in tournament conditions?

So I guess my profile is wrong then lol....? It was a joke.

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

There's no possible way for me to explain this without sounding at least a little bit like a dick. So without further adieu....Theres a difference between defensiveness, and telling people the facts. I don't think that I was being defensive at all when I was telling Erik (my good friend) (I hope

i dont remember you admitting you were exaggerating your 300 yard average drive claim in the thread where you and i got into it? maybe you did, but all i remember is that you kept insisting you averaged 290-300 yards off the tee, and i was leery of your claims because you were using course markers to measure your distances. i dunno, maybe you did finally admit it, i just dont remember you doing so. and im too lazy to look up that old thread, lol. but hey,

NOW you're averaging 290 off the tee & you picked up an extra 30 yards, right?

i dont remember you admitting you were exaggerating your 300 yard average drive claim in the thread where you and i got into it? maybe you did, but all i remember is that you kept insisting you averaged 290-300 yards off the tee, and i was leery of your claims because you were using course markers to measure your distances. i dunno, maybe you did finally admit it, i just dont remember you doing so. and im too lazy to look up that old thread, lol. but hey,

haha well yea. At least NOW I am

Taylormade RAC 58º

its not the clubs that make the golfer....but id love to see a 2hcapper playing Nike OSS Slingshots and gaming Topflites......

I don't know too many who play with huge ass SGI clubs, but I know plenty of low single digit guys who play cheap balls.

One of my friends who gives me 3-4 a round plays with precept laddie X which are about $20 bucks for 2 dozen. I personally play Topflite D2 feels or Maxfli C3 (which is the old TP Red). I know a few other guys that us NXTs and other cheaper balls... bottom line... you can't judge the quality of the golfer by his balls .
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

300 isnt that big any way

Look at the heat your playing in.... In England its freezing cold, we work hard just to swing the golf club with all our layers on, let alone worry about distance

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

300 isnt that big any way

Oh of course. I'd be happy to get it 200 in your weather haha. I can't play in the cold for crap, which is why im in Florida....

Taylormade RAC 58º

same here. if the temp drops below 60º, im not playin, haha

Exactly

Taylormade RAC 58º

Note: This thread is 5264 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!