IGNORED

My Swing (wedge player)

wedge player
Note: This thread is 5239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like how the feet are staying flat until he hits the ball.

exactly, until he gets the club through and then they just kinda flips up

In my Bag:
Driver: Sumo 4950 9.5*
3-Wood Titanium Big Bertha
Hybrid: rescue dual 18*
Irons: mp 62 3-6 irons, and mp 67 7-PWedges: sv tour black 52, sv tour black 56Putter: Studio Select 35" mid slant

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a bit of an over the top move. If you fix this you will get a few more yards(5-10 yds w/ driver) but more importantly you will be more acurate. But this is coming from the golf perfectionist

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

you almost start your swing with your weight on your heels too, maybe try a more balanced athletic address of the ball

Driver: Adams 9015 proto (ozik matrix shaft)
3w: TM V-Steel 15* grafalloy blue (42 inches)
3-pw: Miura Tournament Blades w/ rifle 5.5
wedges: 588 Clevelands 47* 51* 56*
putter: Scotty Cameron oil can (97)

exactly, until he gets the club through and then they just kinda flips up

If the feet are flat through impact, that's all that really matters. You have great foot action which translates to great leg action. The back foot coming up tells US that the weight is going forward. Another good sign. If you can resist the right arm straightening out before impact, you'll be gold.

If the feet are flat through impact, that's all that really matters. You have great foot action which translates to great leg action. The back foot coming up tells US that the weight is going forward. Another good sign.

and how would i practice that?

Draw a straight line in the ground and get into your normal stance. If that was your backyard in the video, draw a line in the dirt.

Swing it up, and on your way down - in slow motion to start - make sure your body movements support the slightly bent right arm past the golf ball.

At first, try taking a divot as far down the line as possible. In order to take that divot, your hands will have to be ahead of the clubhead with a leaning clubshaft - great. Increase the speed of your swings, try to get that divot a little further forward. See how you have to straighten the right arm just to reach out to take the divot? the ball was back 6 inches ago, so it would have been bent thru impact.

One thing we'll see in your next vid is more turn which can keep the angles bent - right wrist and right arm.

Take this for what it is. If its too technical, focus on just the divot. That's almost brainless - but it is athletic. If you understand the ideas behind leverage and maintaining bent angles through a pivot supported (driven) body motion, you'll hit it a mile.

One more thing 2 cheeks at impact, I paused one of the swings all I could see was 1 cheek and your arms helping the ball up mainly from your spine angle coming out on the downswing. I would like to see more rotation of your lower body and finish with your spine angle intact for a few moments to show your balance, thats a big part in this game is balance. What I mean about 2 cheeks is basically clearing your hips by doing so at impact you will see 2 cheeks istead of 1 and I can bet thats why you hit high fades with your driver.
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

your legs are very pale..also i like your red chair.
IF YOU FOLLOW THESE TWO STEPS IT WILL IMPROVE YOUR GOLF GAME@!@.

• 2 months later...
You're a 5 guy! Obviously an accomplished player. Everybody's swing comes and goes. I have no doubt you will come back better than ever. You will be hitting balls and the light bulb will go off.............oh that is what the problem was. Then you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you know your swing better than anyone else and have the ability to fix it, hitting it great once again.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Can't help you. My swing has been in hiding for quite some time.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Yes. Matter of fact its happening to me right now. My average ho- hum round is probably about 6 or 7over, but ive been struggling to even to stay in the low 80's for the last month. I cant really say whats going on. On top of that, I havent been able to save holes with my putter like i often do. It feels like my timing is off or something.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I just checked, it's not down here. I'll keep my eyes open though.......

FWIW, it'll prob come back when it gets hungry.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I still have my swing, but it was never very good to begin with, lol

Hoping to remedy that this year with regular lessons and a golf school.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Note: This thread is 5239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!