IGNORED

What 'bout Under Armour?

Note: This thread is 5237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought an UA mock a few days ago and tried it for the first time today. I first used it this morning when removing all the snow from our driveway (not its intended use). Then I headed to the driving range and had a really good session. This mock I bought is designed to be used when the temperature is under 55*F and today it was 14*F. This mock is really warm and it's easy to swing, I was very impressed.
I never considered UA for clothing before I saw Hunter Mahan play with their mock at the President Cup. I was lucky enough to find one in Amsterdam for only 50$ (retail price is 50$ in the US) .
Anyone else had experience with UA? What do you guys think of their products?

I used to work for the Greg Norman Collection and the word was that UA used very cheap materials in their product but to pay for the advertising they do they charged an arm and a leg. I've never owned anything from UA so I have no personal knowledge just some inside industry info. If they work for you and you like them that's what counts the most.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

There is better stuff out there for much better prices than the UA branded gear. Look at some of the Duofold gear, and Russell Athletic. Both of them have some really nice stuff that I use as base layers. Look at places like REI and Campmor for layering stuff like that. My UnderArmour stuff is stuck in the bottom of my drawer because the duofold and Russell gear gets worn more. I think with the Underarmour, you're paying more for snazzy commercials than top shelf layering clothes. Don't get me wrong, the UA stuff works as advertised, but you can get equal or better performance for a lot less jack if you're not hung up on brand names.

In my Costco stand bag:

Tech A4 9015D 10.5 w/stock stiff Matrix Ozik
F60 16.5 4 wood w/stock stiff Exsar
Pro Gold 18* and 23* hybrids w/ Matrix Ozik reg J36 PC 5-PW Project-X Rifle flighted 5.0 CG14 52*, 56*, and 60* standard bounce Island Series Antigua AD333

Yes I have 3 mocks. As long as you get the right size they are great. Playing in Dublin I can use mine from October through till March, also a plus for me is they hold your gut in but you are at an age where that shouldn't matter yet.

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

My experience with UA is limited to a pair of UA undergarments. I find them more comfortable than boxers when playing golf, especially since they don't move around much and are made of the dri-fit material (I've yet to find boxers made of the same). I have four pairs of non-UA also, which collectively cost the same as the single pair of UA, but don't have the convenience feature that UA has; if I find an inexpensive, dri-fit pair that has the convenience feature, that will become the preferred brand.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have 2, they work well (keep my warm, don't interfere AT ALL with my swing). They were expensive, though, so I will look for the Russell when these get worn.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Well, if you couldn't tell by the TTU in my username, I'm a Tech grad and fan. Underarmour is the official apparel of TTU, so I have a lot of it.

It is more expensive, plain and simple. However, with that said, i've never been dissatisfied with anything that I've purchased. I have a wind-jacket pullover that I used to use a lot for golf and it was great. However, i just got a new UA pullover for xmas and will be using it from now on as it is a little warmer than the previous pullover.

Good stuff, just expensive. I have not checked out the russell athletic apparel, but will probably give it a look.

In case you were wondering...yes, I'm having a crappy day. Winningest head coach in TTU history fired today because the administration and the coach are both stubborn a-holes with egos as big as the state they reside in.

Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

I borrowed my brother's UA mock to play golf a couple weeks ago. Kept me nice and warm, and comfortable to swing in. I will definitely check out those other brands if they're cheaper.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

I have brought UA for both the Mrs and I and we love it.At our age we are no longer cold weather people but still play all winter as long as the courses are open.Th UA gear is warm but not restritive and as the Mrs likes to say "Does not ride up" while swinging.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Under Armour mocks are great.
I wear them on most winter rounds

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Under Armor is good stuff.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Most of what I know about UnderArmour comes from small-college football players I know. The players liked it when it first came out for November outdoor games, and for added protection against surface bruising from high-speed collisions during plays.

UA for golf looks like creating additional markets for products designed for contact sports.

Also, UA may have ended up with a first-mover disadvantage : Came up with a good idea, but others quickly found way to make better products.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am using it during winter.

Love It .
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Im sorry this may sound really stupid, but what is a Mock??

A turtleneck?

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Im sorry this may sound really stupid, but what is a Mock??

yes, but not a real one, a "mock" turtleneck... it doesn't fold over like a real one would.

As to UA... I love the heatgear loose fitting long sleeved tee to wear under my polos during winter... that way I don't have to find all new golf shirts, instead I just throw on the UA as a base layer. It is very comfortable to swing in and it wicks moisture, which I like because I still sweat a little in the cold. They cost around 30-40, but I found mine for $20 each. This year I was looking for a few more and ended up buying some FILA shirts that look, perform, and feel EXACTLY the same... they were only $14 a piece at Kohl's.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!