IGNORED

SBS Championship

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All of you guys that picked Strick, it looks like your going to get let down. I'm sorry, but I just don't have a good feeling about Stricks.

After the 1st day I'm going to have to go with Dustin Johnson. Crushes the ball.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you guys that picked Strick, it looks like your going to get let down.

Just don't have a good feeling about Strick huh? Does that have anything to do with him being 7 strokes off the leader? Really going out on a limb there.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

id like to change my pick to watney, the guy is a top class golfer and can bomb it

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

At the BMW last year, Watney, Phil, and Dustin Johnson played in the same group the first day (the day I saw them) and they were just bombing the ball all day long. I think Glover will hang around the leaderboard all week, he could have easily shot 10 under if he hadn't doubled the first and forgot how to putt after 13.

The only person I don't want to win is Ryan Moore. Yeah the kid can play but jesus, dress like a golfer, not like you work at a skateboard shop in Seattle. I'm just saying, golf is still a classy game, try to keep it that way.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

The only person I don't want to win is Ryan Moore.

pretty sure i can find a quote about the first person to wear pleated khakis in lieu of knickerbockers. things change. people now wear mock necks instead of the standard issue three button polo and i think it looks fine. sure, i think his hat is a little gay, but the same could be said of jesper parnevik of yesteryear(good thing that never caught on). chill out man.

anywho, my picks: 1. cink 2. rory 3. glover so it is written, so shall it be done.

While watching some of the telecast, the Golf Channel commentators explained that Rory Sabbatini had been staying at Kapalua since mid-December, and that he'd been walking onto the course as a single with whomever was playing the course when he arrived. Apparently, one group of tourists had an aside with the starter at the first tee because Rory announced he was playing from the back tees; they were worried that he wasn't good enough for the tips, and would hold their foursome's rate of play up.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

While watching some of the telecast, the Golf Channel commentators explained that Rory Sabbatini had been staying at Kapalua since mid-December, and that he'd been walking onto the course as a single with whomever was playing the course when he arrived. Apparently, one group of tourists had an aside with the starter at the first tee because Rory announced he was playing from the back tees; they were worried that he wasn't good enough for the tips, and would hold their foursome's rate of play up.

ha, ye i heard this and it made me laugh

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

id like to change my pick to watney, the guy is a top class golfer and can bomb it

I want to nominate whoever actually wins!

Sadly, I'm not a Time Lord...

ha, ye i heard this and it made me laugh

Definitely a laugh out loud moment.

I followed Rory at the Colonial last year and it was a fun experience just listening to him interact and talk to himself, his caddy, and DiMarco.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Just don't have a good feeling about Strick huh? Does that have anything to do with him being 7 strokes off the leader? Really going out on a limb there.

Exactly why haha. I just don't even have a good feeling that he will even be in the top half. I don't know, just he's gotta have some bad karma from having such an awesome year in '09.

Stricker's killing my fantasy team...3/4 of my starters are within two strokes of the leader. Then, I've got Stricker who's seven down.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

yea stricker is letting me down i thought it was a sure thing.. maybe he will pull through

i am glad that G-lover is playing well.

Sean O'hair is playing solid.

paul casey is kind of struggling =/

ive noticed both stewart cink and G-lover are playing Nike VR split cavities now. instead of the CCi's

Bag
Sumo 5900 9.5d
Sumo 3 & 5 Woods Pro launch shafts
Victory Red Split cavity 4-pw
Victory Red Wedges 52/10,56/14/60,10 White hot Putter / Balls

Yeesh, Lucas! Man, I hope that if I ever consider giving up golf, that I rebound in the way he has. Gone from ready to hang up the clubs to winning a major and leading the SBS.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sure is good to see some live golf on TV. Certainly wetting my appetite to play. And next week, suppose to get in the low 50's for a couple of days. Looks like golf will be on the agenda for me.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

If Glover keeps up his play, he will certainly win, if he doesnt keep up his play, Im going to go out on a limb and say Ogilvy.

In my Nike Xtreme Carry Lite II Bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XLS 9.5
Fairway Wood:Nike DyMo2 4 wood
Hybrid:Nickent 3dx DC ironwood 3hIrons: Taylormade Burner Plus 4-AWPutter: Yes! TiffanyShoes: Footjoy Greenjoys

Note: This thread is 5232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!