IGNORED

Golf Shoes

Note:Β This thread is 4892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I've been getting back into golf since the summer after a 6 year break... I have been getting all my component back and starting to shoot in the mid 80's, but there is still one thing that I haven't added to my game, and that's a pair of golf shoes. I have been sandals for the summer time and vans slip on now during the winter. I get a lot of grief on the course about the fact that I don't use golf shoes and I was wondering if its really that big of a deal.

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for shoes and under $100 dollars or so, and what exactly am I looking for? Any suggestions will be appreciated..

i use oakley golf shoes. just over 100 dollars. they're great shoes. i've had them for a year. check out Oakley.com. etonic makes some inexpensive quality golf shoes.
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5Β°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5Β°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

I really like Adidas shoes. I have the tour 360 3.0s and they are very nice. I bet you could find a pair on ebay for well under a 100 or look at TGW closeout/sale sections. I believe that you get what you pay for with golf shoes. I had the previous models and they started to split, took them to the store and replaced, no questions. Great warranty and great product. If it were me I would try to get the premium shoes of a brand in last years model. There is a difference.

Brian

I really like Adidas shoes. I have the tour 360 3.0s and they are very nice. I bet you could find a pair on ebay for well under a 100 or look at TGW closeout/sale sections. I believe that you get what you pay for with golf shoes. I had the previous models and they started to split, took them to the store and replaced, no questions. Great warranty and great product. If it were me I would try to get the premium shoes of a brand in last years model. There is a difference.

Agree... after many years using FJ, Callaway, etc... I use nothing but Adidas now.. the tour 360... and a couple of others.. by far the most comofortable walking shoes I have ever used.. keep an eye on TGW and other online sellers for closeouts.

Lightweight Cart Bag
Scotty Cameron Putter (several models unfortunately)studio stock 4
AP2 Irons 4-PW
ProV1X Balls
2 and 3 TP Rescue07 Burner TP 9.560, 56, 52 CG 12 WedgesOld man CartSi vis pacem, para bellum

Agree... after many years using FJ, Callaway, etc... I use nothing but Adidas now.. the tour 360... and a couple of others.. by far the most comofortable walking shoes I have ever used.. keep an eye on TGW and other online sellers for closeouts.

agreed and agreed

Adidas golf shoes offer the best support I think...for me anyways it wasnt until i put on my old shoes after wearing my new ones for a few rounds, how sweet they really are but if ur comfortable in ur VANS, then rock those dude i wouldnt buy shoes because someone else says you need them unless YOU feel that you would benefit from them, wear whatever works bro in ending, i will say this - golf shoes will help you get better traction, better support for walking and reduce wear on your feet after walking 18....just MO
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Nike has some good golf shoes. Lightweight, but durable with leather uppers. Several different models. If you have narrow feet, some Nike models in M width will fit just fine - saves from having to pay extra to buy N width from FJ.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• CompletedΒ KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking Academy:Β Fitting, Assembly & RepairΒ School (2012)

Driver:Β  :touredge:Β EXSΒ 10.5Β°, weights neutralΒ  Β ||Β Β FWs:Β Β :callaway:Β RogueΒ 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball: Β image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.pngΒ QStar Tour - DivideΒ  ||Β Β Bag: :sunmountain:Β Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm rather partial to Adidas Tour 3.0. They have great support, though they aren't terribly waterproof out of the box, they are better it you spray them.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My advice would be to find a local golf shop and try on a bunch of shoes and find out what you like and then look for a deal on them.

Right now I have FJ Dryjoys and a pair of Nike Air Rejuvenate. Both are super comfortable to me . Be very aware of that last part.

The Adidas just didn't do it for me, but that's to be expected as everyone is going to like something a little different in their shoe makeup.

My friend bought some Golf Athletics...or maybe it was Footjoy brand and Golf Athletics shoe type for about $45. They are seriously the most comfortable golf shoe i've ever put on. Like wrapping your feet in a pillow and walking on clouds =), but they weren't a traditional look and I'm more of a traditional golf shoe type of guy, so I didn't get them.

Good luck in your search, but with $100 as your available cash, I think you can find a decent quality shoe that will look great and perform just as good.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

need a reason to wear golf shoes? stand on a steep hillside that is wet with the ball below your feet, now hit a clean 180yd 6I draw shot. It's very unlikely you could do it without golf shoes. That's just one thing they do. Otherwise they feel good, help keep your feet dry, provide support, and are designed for the lateral motion the foot will make throughout the golf swing. I have Nike and FJ's, and like them both equally well.

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

Β 
Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
Β - Β - Β -Β 
Β 
This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and HybridsΒ Β - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Thanks a lot guys all your input was amazing and great.... I just went out today and bought a pair of shoes that were way more expensive than I planned on spending but they are really comfortable... I bought the new adidas 360 4.0. I love them, played a round of golf with them and it was a huge difference. The only reason I really bought shoes instead of rocking the vans was because it was getting slippery to play with a shoes with no grip.. Once again thanks all for the input.

I like Nike's. Not very expensive and they're durable, comfortable, and lightweight.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @Β Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Β 

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I love my Footjoys. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes Ive ever owned. As you can see from this thread though, theres lots of great golf shoes on the market and you need to just try on various different brands and see what fits your feet the best. Different people have different shaped feet, so not all brands fit different people as well.
About the people at the course hassling you about wearing your Vans instead of wearing golf shoes, I say tell them to grow up, get a life and mind their own business. I dont see how you wearing skater shoes on the course is any of their business or bothers their game the slightest little bit.

Whats in my :sunmountain:Β C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno:Β JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno:Β JPX 850Β 15*, :mizuno:Β JPX-850 19*, :mizuno:Β JPX Fli-Hi #4,Β :mizuno:Β JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno:Β MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland:Β Smart Square BladeΒ and :bridgestone:Β B330-S

I wear the adidas tennis-style shoe (360, Powerband) because they are the only ones I have found that don't rub massive blisters on my heels. I like Footjoys, but they hate me!

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

• 1 year later...

Okay, here's what I do.Β  Oakleys are very comfortable, and look different then other shoes.Β  You can pick up Bow Tie Two's for fifty bucks at the Oakley Vault, which is their discount site.

http://oakleyvault.com/product/bow-tye-two/14006-151

The all whites look a little bit like sneakers, if you like that, but the saddles are pretty cool too.

Note:Β This thread is 4892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!