IGNORED

Please help!

Note: This thread is 5206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got a set of Callaway X22 with graphite shaft for a gift. Here's the problem there are no ser# on the club anywere. They were bought from Academy, from a different state and shipped to me. I called Callaway and they said there should be a ser# on them. Please tell me i'm not screwed. I was gonna take them to Golf Galaxy and trade them in cause i don't want those shafts. But i think i'm gonna get the shaft. And what sux they paid over 800.00$ for them.

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid
titleist.gif 5-Wscratch.gif SWodyssey.gif putter Srixon balls

What is Academy? Ok just googled it and see it is a large chain in the South.. then googled Callaway serial numbers and came up with this

http://golface.wordpress.com/2007/11...online-part-1/

might want to try google in the future.. looks like iron serial numbers are under the grips. I cant imagine a big chain like Academy would sell fakes.. so unless the person who bought them lied to you and actually got them on Ebay.. you should be good to go.

edit.. from the callaway site http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/e...vice/FAQs.html

Lightweight Cart Bag
Scotty Cameron Putter (several models unfortunately)studio stock 4
AP2 Irons 4-PW
ProV1X Balls
2 and 3 TP Rescue07 Burner TP 9.560, 56, 52 CG 12 WedgesOld man CartSi vis pacem, para bellum

I got a set of Callaway X22 with graphite shaft for a gift. Here's the problem there are no ser# on the club anywere. They were bought from Academy, from a different state and shipped to me. I called Callaway and they said there should be a ser# on them. Please tell me i'm not screwed. I was gonna take them to Golf Galaxy and trade them in cause i don't want those shafts. But i think i'm gonna get the shaft. And what sux they paid over 800.00$ for them.

Do you have any sort of receipt/shipping label/packing slip/any proof-of-purchase type of documentation? If so, and you have an Academy Sports near you, they should be able to verify the order and serial. If it doesn't match, it's on them at that point. If they cost over $800, and you don't have an Academy near you, I'd look at taking a road trip to the store they were purchased from.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Pretty sure golf galaxy would take them in with no serial number. Knock offs are usually REALLY bad and very easy to see that they are. Just because you can't see the serial numbers, which are usually on a sticker under the grip, that shouldn't stop a place like that from taking them in on trade

Knock offs are usually REALLY bad and very easy to see that they are.

I don't want to take this off-topic, but I don't know, I've seen some fakes that easily fooled me. Actually, there were a couple of fake Callaway FT-iQs and FT-9s that I saw at a local shop. I held them up to the real things, and it was near impossible to tell the difference, until you actually swing them, that is. Some of the fakes I've seen have been crazy good as far as appearance goes.

-  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I have been playing Cally graphite irons for a long time and usually there is a plastic sticker on the 8 iron near the club head and shaft meet.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

biggest difference with fakes is usually the grips, the grips on fakes are much thinner than they are on real clubs.

the fakes are definately getting better, and callaway is one of the worst for fakes, but there is always differences! writing style, colour, texture of graphics, shafts etc

Easiest way to find out though is to take them to your nearest golf shop and have them check them against a set that they have, its much easier to tell if they are real or not when you have a genuine one to compare it to!

In my :mizuno: Staff Bag
Driver: :ping: i15 S-flex USTMamiya Tour Red
Fairway: :titleist: 909F2 15.5 X-flex UST Proforce V2 85
Hybrid: :mizuno: MP-FliHi 21* S300 +2 deg, +1/2"
Irons: :mizuno: MP-67 4-PW DG S300 +2 deg, +1/2"

Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 52.08 56.08 60.04

Putter: :cameron: Newport Beach customised by Kevin Colbert

Ball: :callaway: HX Black

GPS: :skycaddie: SGX

Well it's a done deal, i went to golf galaxay and took a club off the shelf. And compared the 2, and it's official they are fake. The real ones are blue and the fake ones are more of a purple color on the back of the irons and the grips are different and so are the shafts.. So.....that's that.

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid

Well it's a done deal, i went to golf galaxay and took a club off the shelf. And compared the 2, and it's official they are fake. The real ones are blue and the fake ones are more of a purple color on the back of the irons and the grips are different and so are the shafts.. So.....that's that.

Contact the Academy Sports they were purchased from. Tell them what happened and see if you can either send them back to that store, or exchange them at a local Academy.

-  -  - 

Well there is some good news, while i was there i hit some 6 irons. And fell in love with the new titlest ap1..

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid

Just out of curiosity, why don't you just return them to Academy for a a full refund? Golf Galaxy will only give you a small fraction or the price you likely paid IF they took them on trade. If Academy pushes back, tell them you've notified your credit card company and requested that they reverse the charges based on Academy fraudulently selling counterfeit clubs, and if that doesn't work also let them know that you're sending a letter to the state Attorney General notifying them of their retail fraud. Get your full money back, THEN go find a good deal on those lovely AP1s.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you just return them to Academy for a a full refund? Golf Galaxy will only give you a small fraction or the price you likely paid IF they took them on trade. If Academy pushes back, tell them you've notified your credit card company and requested that they reverse the charges based on Academy fraudulently selling counterfeit clubs, and if that doesn't work also let them know that you're sending a letter to the state Attorney General notifying them of their retail fraud. Get your full money back, THEN go find a good deal on those lovely AP1s.

I'm of the same opinion here. I feel like we're missing something. At this point, yeah, the AP1s are great and all, but that would be the least of my worries. I'd be on the phone with someone at Academy ASAP instead of testing other irons. To each his own I guess, but I hate to see anyone ripped off like that.

-  -  - 

So did you buy these off Ebay and get ripped off or what. I read this thread and it makes no sense that you wouldn't send back the "fake" clubs to the Academy store they were bought from. What gives? Also, be sure you are comparing apples to apples. One year model to the next, colors and small badging will change. I can't imagine someone would go through so much trouble to make a fake and not get this colors right. Sounds like BS to me.

Look here! If your read my post i said they were a gift that was bought from academy. NOT EBAY! I will be addressing this issue with the store. And another thing, I'm not sitting on here making up a bunch of BS. I told you exactly what happened.

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid

I don't think anyone said you were making this up. I think the confusion is that these came from a large retail chain and yet they are fakes. It doesn't make sense that you would trade them in. The clubs should be returned to the store regardless if they were gifts or not. That sounds like may what you're doing now but that's not the way it came across before.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I don't think anyone said you were making this up. I think the confusion is that these came from a large retail chain and yet they are fakes. It doesn't make sense that you would trade them in. The clubs should be returned to the store regardless if they were gifts or not. That sounds like may what you're doing now but that's not the way it came across before.

+1

Besides, if they know you well enough to tell you they spent over $800 for the clubs, you should feel safe telling them what happened to find out where they REALLY bought the clubs.

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

I'm still not buying that they're fakes. I'd have to yank a grip and check for a ser#.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 5206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!