IGNORED

Five reasons I'll be watching the Euro Tour this year

uttexas
Note: This thread is 5191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. The commentators are superior. They keep things simple and might throw in bits about the local culture/geography. They don't talk about grooves or try to analyze swings (except for the American accented commentator--where did he come from?)
2. The jr. high drama on the PGA tour is really tiresome. I realize Phil's cup size is the same as an eleven year old girl, but he shouldn't act like one. He says he feels publicly slandered and is going to let "others" handle it. What a baby...be a man and handle it yourself. We all know you aren't cheating, but using pre 1991 Ping Eye 2s tells us plenty regarding your psyche.
3. The Euro Tour has a stronger field this week, and this trend will continue.
4. The PGA Tour has gotten too fancy and has lost it's way with the Fed Ex Cup and one hole per tournament competition.
5. I can record the Euro Tour in the morning and watch it pre recorded when I get home.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

5 fantastic points. I have really enjoyed the Euro tour for the last year or so.

I love soccer, but hate listening to the American commentators. They talk too much. The English guys have much more knowledge and allow the game to flow. They don't force it. The same is true with golf.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

I am from the UK, and wierdly, over 50% of the time i prefer watching the PGA tour because i like the commentary. Maybe it is just different accents are more enjoyable to listen to. We have Anthony kim to look forward to at some events, so that should be good!
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I enjoy both. The commentators can be good and bad both ways. The PGA ones are usually more sensational, the Euro ones a bit more calm. I have been watching more of the European tour the last six months, I will be watching more this year.

The field is usually a good indication of whether I'll be watching it or not. There are a lot of aspiring talents on the European tour now, it's interesting to follow them.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some good points. I really want to get something to record it in the morning, and then watch it when I get back from school. I like the commentators, but at some times it seems like they're just too boring. I also like some of their courses better. And some of the players over there are a lot of fun to watch (Kaymer, Westwood, McIlroy, Schwartzel).

Good points, I have also been watching the Euro tour, they really have some deep fields and I hope it continues.

Cleveland Launcher Driver
Taylormade r7 3 wood
Odyssey White Steel
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland wedges

I don't know. The guy who won this week is such a pansy, he missed most of last season because of an eye infection. Man up, buttercup!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

In addition, I would add the difference in courses is a nice change of pace. While there are some new courses for 2010 on the PGA Tour, it's pretty much the same courses you see every year. The Euro courses offer up some pretty nice variety.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

I don't know. The guy who won this week is such a pansy, he missed most of last season because of an eye infection. Man up, buttercup!

He had a fluid build up behind his retina, which messed with his depth perception.He couldn't judge distances.It also gave him balance problems.You try playing that level of golf with those ailments.

As for PGA vs Euro tour.. well, with the European coverage you'll see a lot more golf in any given tournament.American coverage - less golf, more talking, showing mostly just the leaders, lots of flashy graphics and gimmicks that take air time away from the actual action.Plus you're forced to listen to Nick Faldo.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

In addition, I would add the difference in courses is a nice change of pace. While there are some new courses for 2010 on the PGA Tour, it's pretty much the same courses you see every year. The Euro courses offer up some pretty nice variety.

Definitely agree with this. It's for this reason that i would rather play on the Euro Tour than the PGA Tour (if i had the ability, of course). You get to play around the whole eastern hemisphere. Though the purses are less...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

im from the UK and weirdly id rather watch the PGA Tour than the Euro Tour, and i also think the American commentators are better, especially when its on CBS, the coverage of the Euro Tour just seems to bore me

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

My 3 reasons for watching Euro Tour events: Garcia, Poulter, and Villegas. Oliver Wilson gets an honorable mention from me as well, since he played college golf for the Jags of ASU.

i don't know. The guy who won this week is such a pansy, he missed most of last season because of an eye infection. Man up, buttercup!

rofl!

And I watch the European Tour because I like watching golf - why, we often get to see as many as a dozen or so shots before going to an ad break! And much less verbal waffle, too.

I enjoy watching the PGA because although the commentary is a lot of crap and the tips and tricks are debatable...I have to say I just can't watch Euro Tour golf. The commentary lulls me to sleep and makes me want to drink....just so I have something to remind me I'm not listening to Ben Stein or whatever with European flair (accent). Just my 2 cents

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Good point. I enjoy both Euro and PGA.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

As for PGA vs Euro tour.. well, with the European coverage you'll see a lot more golf in any given tournament.American coverage - less golf, more talking, showing mostly just the leaders, lots of flashy graphics and gimmicks that take air time away from the actual action.Plus you're forced to listen to Nick Faldo.

I enjoy watching the PGA because although the commentary is a lot of crap and the tips and tricks are debatable...I have to say I just can't watch Euro Tour golf. The commentary lulls me to sleep and makes me want to drink....just so I have something to remind me I'm not listening to Ben Stein or whatever with European flair (accent). Just my 2 cents

Various taste and opinions. I agree with Spuds though. I just don't need a lot of extra comedy talk to make golf interesting. Most times, I turn the sound off on CBS broadcast and just listen to music.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Just 3 of the reasons I'd watch the Euro Tour if I had the Golf Channel.

- I find the video / production more like actual golf. I like to see the ball struck, land on the green and see how it breaks on it's way towards the cup. The US networks seem so obsessed with zooming in on the ball and the hole at the sametime. Their perfect shot is when the ball drops into the cup, the ball my screen. Who's idea was that? Titleist? Nike? Enough already.

- No Faldo and Nantz (cure for insomnia - Nantz should stick to football), but most of all no Ian Baker Finch with his annoying pronunciation of "13" and "14" and Australian geography lessons.

- Also, when did "amateur" start being pronounced "ama - derr"? There used to be a "t" in there.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I like the way they show the action. I don't really think looking at a blimp listening to some guy talk is fun. I like how they show more shots and emphasize driving and iron play. I still like the big american events but I agree that european tour is not slow moving.

Brian

Note: This thread is 5191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!