IGNORED

Northern Trust Open

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought his speech was rather stupid and unnecessary. Talking about how Tiger disgraced golf won't help make this situation better. The image of him was created by the media, Tiger is human like everyone else. He has far from disgraced the world of golf, he has disgraced himself.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Johnny Miller is an idiot.Like Zeph said, Tiger's a human being.Does he honestly believe golfers are some higher standard of person just because they play this particular game?Wally.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Did they change the MDF rule recently? They finished the third round this morning and then did the third cut, after a larger number missed the cut. I thought the third round had to end on Saturday for MDF to come into play?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Ah.... I hate the announcer that sometimes comments. He.....talks....like....this. So....Steve....for his shot....on this....hole...stretching....so, he is ready.

We get it, you are on TV.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Concur. Congrats to Stricker. One of my favorite players over the last couple of years. Not a lot of flash, but whenever I see him, he seems to hit 80% of fairways, greens, and putts. He could be one of the big benefactors to the new groove change.

I am a fan of Stricker as well. Good person outside of golf as well.....congrats.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

Anyone who gets ready for a tournament by hitting balls out the back of a heated trailer into a snow covered field is OK in my book!!
In Wisconsin, ya do what ya gotta do ...

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Anyone who gets ready for a tournament by hitting balls out the back of a heated trailer into a snow covered field is OK in my book!!

I wonder who digs the golf balls out of the snow?

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Stricker did what he had to do to win today; when you're number three (now two) in the world, people expect that from you. Donald, Holmes, and Johnson all had stellar final rounds, and they could have had a chance to win had Steve left the door open for them. Here's hoping each of those young men can score wins on tour this year.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I wonder who digs the golf balls out of the snow?

I'd bet he waits until the snow melts then retrieves them.

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

I'd bet he waits until the snow melts then retrieves them.

And sells them on ebay.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I went and watched Ernie, Ishikawa and Rolling play their front nine. All the time I had unfortunately.It was a gorgeous day out and the course wasn't very sloppy at all. I for one was actually happy this was scheduled on Super Bowl Sunday. Got right up close and personal with these guys. I was expecting to see more cute Japanese girls following Ishikawa though. And Imada was in the group just in front of him. oh well.

Like Chilli Dipper mentioned earlier in the thread, #8 looks a little odd without the trees. It really opened up the hole though. Rollins caught the bunker in the middle, but Ishikawa and Ernie bombed drives up the left side of the fairway. Both couldn't have had anything more than a PW in. In the past I would rarely see guys going to the left fairway.

I refrained myself and didn't sneak my camera in. It was actually quite nice to watch some play this time instead of having my face buried in a camera and watching for security.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I haven't seen JB Holmes play as much as I did on the last day, but man does he take long to hit a shot. I would go mad playing with him. He takes like 10-15 practice swings, then it looked like the picture was lagging for a bit, since he was just standing there, moving back and forth.

I haven't seen JB Holmes play as much as I did on the last day, but man does he take long to hit a shot. I would go mad playing with him. He takes like 10-15 practice swings, then it looked like the picture was lagging for a bit, since he was just standing there, moving back and forth.

I agree. The little bounce step he does before each shot is hilarious. And setting up, backing off, setting up, backing off...I found myself saying, "hit it already!" several times.

Note: This thread is 5201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!