IGNORED

Tiger Woods News Conference Friday

jubess
Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger Woods is scheduled to conduct a news conference at 11:00am on Friday. It will be interesting to see if he comes clean about everything and also reveals when he will play next

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw that too ... 11:00 AM ET - 10 central. Golf Channel will carry it live, as will several other news channels I'm sure. Should be interesting at least.

PS - I just them announce it on The Golf Channel - Breaking News fashion ...

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Tiger Woods is scheduled to conduct a news conference at 11:00am on Friday. It will be interesting to see if he comes clean about everything and also reveals when he will play next

Where did you read this?

G10 Driver
G10 4-wd
G15 7-wd
X-18 Proseries 3i-PW
X-Tour 52d gap wedge X-Tour 58d lob/sand wedge Dual-force Rossie II (mallet head) putter Pro-V1x only (baby!)Play at a private NJ g.c.

He has nothing to come "clean" about. He only needed to do that to his wife (according to the therapy). Everyone already knows 99% of it. He just needs to say he let himself and everyone else down and suffered privately from him "addiction" and ask for people's support as he returns to golf. Then he'll announce his plan to return to the game (at whatever event) and politely decline to answer 99.9% of the questions.

Prob the most watched broadcast since the OJ verdict.

G10 Driver
G10 4-wd
G15 7-wd
X-18 Proseries 3i-PW
X-Tour 52d gap wedge X-Tour 58d lob/sand wedge Dual-force Rossie II (mallet head) putter Pro-V1x only (baby!)Play at a private NJ g.c.

...................and politely decline to answer 99.9% of the questions.

Interesting to see how he will handle this part.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

This is exactly the way he needs to start the comeback: controlled environment and limited media access (thereby controlling some of the questions). Also, smart to do it on a Friday mid-morning on a day when there are two other golf tournaments and the Olympics going on. It'll still be a big story, but not as big as it would have been if he did this on a day when there was nothing else on the sports landscape. I would assume he'll reveal his plans to return, which is good. (Why else hold the press conference, because like Blue3715 said, there is no way he answers any interesting questions.) No matter what he says he will be his return date, at least we can end the insessent "I heard he'll come back at this tournament" stories that it show up ever couple of days.

Three lousy shots and one brilliant shot can still make par...

He is coming over to hang Thursday evening, I will let you guys know what is up; after we play some Wii.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

He is coming over to hang Thursday evening, I will let you guys know what is up; after we play some Wii.

This made me laugh.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hope he doesnt awnser any of these tabliod related questions. He does not owe golf fans an apology for what he did. Tiger has a real oppertunity to curb stomp some of this tabliod stuff we've been getting more and more of in sports over the last 10 years. I swear i hear more about who Derek Jeter is dating and where he ate dinner than what his batting average is.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I can't wait for the interview. I only care to hear when/if he is coming back and could care less about the other stuff at this point.

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

I just want to know when he will be playing golf again...
The other stuff is between him and his family. None of my business.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Also, smart to do it on a Friday mid-morning on a day when there are two other golf tournaments and the Olympics going on. It'll still be a big story, but not as big as it would have been if he did this on a day when there was nothing else on the sports landscape.

Not to mention it's on the same day as a tournament with the naming rights held by a turncoat sponsor.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Which means they won't answer random questions, but that it will be broadcast?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!