IGNORED

Tiger Woods News Conference Friday

jubess
Note: This thread is 5039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
-- Tiger described his behavior as "irresponsible and selfish."
-- "I was unfaithful. I had affairs. I cheated."
-- "I have bitterly disappointed all of you ... I am so sorry."
-- "I thought I could get away with anything I wanted to ... I thought I was entitled ... I don't get to play by different rules."
-- "As Elin pointed out to me, my real apology to her will not come in the form of words; it will come from my behavior over time."
-- "I ask you to find room in your heart to one day believe in me again."
-- "I do plan to return to golf one day, but I don't know when that will be."
-- "Starting tomorrow, I will leave for more treatment and more therapy."
-- "Parents used to point to me as a role model for their kids. I owe all those families a special apology."
-- Tiger Woods says he wants to get back to his Buddhist roots.
-- "I have bitterly disappointed all of you ... I am so sorry."
-- About the paparazzi: "Leave my wife and kids alone."
-- Tiger said he has never used performance enhancing drugs.
-- "Elin didn't hit me that night or any other night ... Elin deserves praise, not blame."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky.

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

Well, not that this matters at all, but I found his apology heart felt. And of course, this still doesn't matter, but I forgive Tiger for what he did (not that I ever blamed him for anything or felt betrayed by him, nor did I feel I needed any kind of apology). I've been ready to move on for a while, and I am more than ready to see him tee it up on the PGA Tour so he can get owned by Y.E. Yang again.

You're not the only one that thinks it was heartfelt. As I flipped around after it was over, it seemed like each channel I turned it on had someone saying they thought it was sincere as well. While I personally don't create my opinions based off of those of the media, I'd have to think that if the general consensus believes that it was sincere and put a positive spin on it, it can only be a good thing and promote a quicker return to competition.

And I'm with you, I miss seeing him play too. It's definitely more exciting watching when he's there. Prime example was last weekend. It seemed like no one except for maybe Duval really wanted to win the AT&T.; If Tiger were there, you know it would be killer watching him making a charge to the top of the leaderboard while others struggle.
Why the need to ask him questions? What questions, exactly, do you want to ask him? This is a step he needed to take toward recovery. This was not a time to take questions.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this as well. It seems like some people want every single gory detail of his "transgressions". I mean, what do they expect? Him to come out and say "this one time, at band camp, I was hanging off of the ceiling fan, bangin it out with this really hot blonde"? It just seems like there aren't any questions that anyone could ask that could really add anything substantial.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I dont think its an addiction either. If anything he is guilty of being a typical male. But in the hyper-sensitive culture we live in now it gets framed his way. If i were tiger i probably be out there taggin tail, too. I might have made classier choses of mistress, though. lol. Some of these reported flings are no where near as hot as his wife was..

I've known somebody that was/is a sex addict. Before that I would have easily written this off as an easy-out for Tiger. But I know it is real with the person I knew. The person is highly driven, very successful, very likable, everything going for them but they came this ---><---- close to ruining their entire life - marriage, family, business, etc. with sex addiction. Just as with Tiger it was his "secret" life before it all came crumbling down in an instant. It took lots of therapy and its never gone, but he's rebuilt himself to be able to deal with it. Similar to alcoholism, he'll never be "fixed" only be able to control it, instead of it controlling him. Hearing about the pervasiveness of Tiger's escapades lends credibility in my eyes to the idea that this is real sex addiction and not just a good excuse. We'll never be able to know for sure either way.

Just my $.02.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

Totally in the same boat with you Control Junkie. It's none of our business what he did with those women. He did what he needed to do by admitting it, getting help and apologizing to those he hurt directly. I hope he comes back sooner that later, but thats not for us to decide either.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

-- "I thought I could get away with anything I wanted to ... I thought I was entitled ... I don't get to play by different rules."

That's the one that I found potentially most interesting.

--

I can't imagine how clean a soul he must've been in a past life to come back as Tiger effing Woods. I doubt his next reincarnation will be anything great, he's received his reward on Earth and exploited it.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I actually have less respect for Tiger now then I did before his press conference. It is a PR stunt and all about the $$$. I am really surprised that he caved to the throngs of people who stand to profit from "I am deeply sorry, I'm working on my addicition" Tiger Woods. Tiger doesn't owe anyone else other than his family an apology. I figured he understood that. It goes to show you that everyone has a price, even Tiger.........

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

I've known somebody that was/is a sex addict. Before that I would have easily written this off as an easy-out for Tiger. But I know it is real with the person I knew. The person is highly driven, very successful, very likable, everything going for them but they came this ---><---- close to ruining their entire life - marriage, family, business, etc. with sex addiction. Just as with Tiger it was his "secret" life before it all came crumbling down in an instant. It took lots of therapy and its never gone, but he's rebuilt himself to be able to deal with it. Similar to alcoholism, he'll never be "fixed" only be able to control it, instead of it controlling him. Hearing about the pervasiveness of Tiger's escapades lends credibility in my eyes to the idea that this is real sex addiction and not just a good excuse. We'll never be able to know for sure either way.

I agree with this. Sex addiction (or call it something else if the word "addiction" bothers you) is a real problem for some people. The difference between regular guys like you and me and people that struggle with this problem is that we all fantasize about the same stuff, but we, the regular guys, are able to make a decision to not act on those thoughts, whereas someone who struggles with sex addiction can't say no regardless of the consequences to themselves or the people they love. Much like with any addict (drug, alcohol, gambling, etc.) it takes getting caught and hitting rock bottom before healing can begin because these people are in denial.

I think he was sincere, and I agree with what he said that this matter is between a husband and a wife. Hopefully he just gets back to playing golf soon. I was hoping he would say he would be back by the Masters, but its still anyones guess. Even if some people have lost all respect for him, you can't deny that watching a big tourny is not the same without him.

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 ProLaunch Blue S 55

:callaway: X2 Hot 3W  |  X Hot Pro 16H  |  X2 Hot 19H

:callaway: Apex 4-PW Project X 5.0 Flighted   

vokey.gif SM4 50.12, SM5 55.11
:cameron: Del Mar  |  titleist.gif NXT Tour S  

• Administrator
I think he has broken the four noble truths which Buddhists believe in

Huh? You can't break truths.

1. Life means suffering. 2. The origin of suffering is attachment. 3. The cessation of suffering is attainable. 4. The path to the cessation of suffering.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dont know anything about the specifics of sex addiction, so forgive any ingnorance i have about this. But the way i see it, wealth, fame, and power are afrodisiacas for woman in most of western culture. The more of each you got, the more they throw themselves at you. Some dudes can resist that for only so long, and tiger broke. Thats what i think was going on.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

"When I do return I need to make my behaviour more respectful to the game."

I'm really looking forward to seeing that realised.

(as has been said, his private life is between him and his family)

Huh? You can't break truths.

Sombody has read siddhartha..lol

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Sex addiction or any other form of addiction drugs, alcohol etc, is a sign of a weak person. I see it all the time, people saying they cant quit smoking even though they know its one of the worst things they can to to themselves, i just dont understand how people can allow a drug to control them. Tiger is only strong on the course, outside of it, away from his people, he doesnt know how to act, very insecure person. I still would like to see him play as he's the best player ever and dont wish him harm or ill will in any way but it will take years to rebuild an image that he never really had, we all just assumed he was a great person, he was just a great golfer. We want to give him a pass for his behavior, no thats not how it works, just because a lot of people cheat doesnt make it ok, he took advantage of his fame and now he will never be perceived the same.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I agree with this. Sex addiction (or call it something else if the word "addiction" bothers you) is a real problem for some people. The difference between regular guys like you and me and people that struggle with this problem is that we all fantasize about the same stuff, but we, the regular guys, are able to make a decision to not act on those thoughts, whereas someone who struggles with sex addiction can't say no regardless of the consequences to themselves or the people they love. Much like with any addict (drug, alcohol, gambling, etc.) it takes getting caught and hitting rock bottom before healing can begin because these people are in denial.

Can't say no? So if a 300 pound woman with a beard asks him for sex he's going to do it? I obviously am going overboard with that question but I'm sure you get the point here. To me the person is unable, or unwilling more likely, to control a compulsion.

Note: This thread is 5039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!