IGNORED

Golf Resume. What's Yours?

parplease
Note: This thread is 1763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started playing golf when I was 9 years old and played through high school and college (not good enough to be on the team, though). I quit when I got out of the service when I started my career and family. No time to devote to golf. About three years before I retired I started playing again. My claim to fame is playing the Old Course at St. Andrews in 1968 and getting a 3 on the Road Hole. I wouldn't trade that for a hole-in-one. Two holes-in-one. I like to play old parkland courses. Last year I self-published an instruction book titled Better Recreational Golf.

I play in the mid-low 80s and break 80 a few times a year. Golf is my chance to do something athletic and have fun with friends.

Height: 6'4"

Where are you from: SK, Canada

How Long have you been Playing: 7 years - 5 years slack, last 2 years avid (36+ holes and between 4- 6 hours practice a week)

Best Score: 82

Favorite club in the bag: Driver

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: International Institute of Interweb Golf for Dummies(youtube, ha ha), and "The Sandtrap", of course. Golf Digest.

Where do you play: Mostly Parkview (unrated, sand greens, and notorious for eating golf balls), and Thompson Lake Regional

Best courses you've played so far: Alderdale, Cape Breton, NS

Things you enjoy most about golf: Constantly improving my game, being outside and getting exercise.

Goals for 2010: Play more rated rounds to get my actual RCGA handicap index instead of guessing. Practice more. Get better. Did I say practice more?

Height: 5'2"

Where are you from: Aberdeen, Scotland

How Long have you been Playing: 4 Years

Best Score: 69 (winter)

Favorite club in the bag: Wedges

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: None

Where do you play: Alford

Best courses you've played so far: Braemar

Things you enjoy most about golf: Playing

Goals for 2010: Half my handicap

Height: 6'1

Where are you from: Norway

How Long have you been Playing: 2 years

Best Score: 78

Favorite club in the bag: 3 wood

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: The Impact Zone, How I Play Golf, The Art Of The Short Game, The Golfing Machine

Where do you play: Hardanger GK, Meland GK, Fana GK, Haugesund GK, Haugalandet GK, Nordvegen GK.

Best courses you've played so far: Meland (Norway), Torreby (Sweden)

Things you enjoy most about golf: Getting better, playing with people at all ages, enjoying the outdoors.

Goals for 2K10: Reach single handicap, ingrain the changes I set for my swing.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where are you from: Indiana, Tennessee

I've been playing for: 15yrs

Best Score: 79

Favorite club in bag: 56* Nike SV

Golf books that have helped: none really, enjoyed Rick Reilly's "Who's Your Caddy?", but its for entertainment, not teaching

Where do you play: Highland Rim, The Legacy, Twelve Stones, Pine Creek

Best courses you've played so far: TPC Scottsdale, TPC Myrtle Beach

Things you enjoy most about golf: the outdoors, the unmatched feeling of hitting a smooth, pure golf shot...nothing else like it

Goals for 2K10: single digit handicap, be consistent
callaway.gif FT-i 9*
nike.gif CPR Hybrid 18*
titleist.gif 735cm 3-PW
nike.gif SV 56*, 60*
odyssey.gif White Hot #8 

Age: 51 Height: 6'0 Where are you from: KS How long have you been playing: 39 years Best Score: 62 Favorite club in the bag: Don't have a favorite Golf Books/ DVD's that have helped you: None Where do you play: Area golf courses when I do play Best Courses you've played so far: Prairie Dunes, TPC Sawgrass, Oak Tree and others Things you enjoy the most about golf: In college it was the competition, but now I enjoy helping others improve their games. The beauty and peace on the golf course. The satisfaction of hitting a shot just like I planned. Watching my children play this great game. Goals for 2K10: No personal goals as I don't play that much anymore. Want to see my youngest son & daughter continue to improve.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Height: 6'3

Where are you from: Originally MI, but now IL

How long have you been playing: 3 years

Best Score: 85 once

Favorite club in the bag: 9i

Golf Books/ DVD's that have helped you: None

Where do you play: Chicagoland courses and a few in WI with my brother in-law.

Best Courses you've played so far: Heritage Bluffs (tie - favorite course), Oak Meadows (tie -favorite course), ThunderHawk (most challenging course)

Things you enjoy the most about golf: fellowship with my buds, challenging myself, the hope of a good shot followed by another good shot, and another, etc.

Goals for 2K10: more consistent ball striking, smarter play, lower my handicap below 20, play a tournament of some type

Height: 5'9
Where From: Originally Omaha, NE but now Delavan, WI
How Long Have You Been Playing: Somewhere around 12 Years on and off
Best Score: 82
Favorite Club: 8Iron, I seem to be able to count on it the most.
Golf Books: Hogans 5 lessons, Pennicks little red book, Haney's essentials of the swing, and The Seven Principles of Golf: Mastering the Mental Game On and Off the Golf Course (Darren Gee). For fun: Planet Golf, Planet Golf: USA, and Golf 365 for some of the most beautiful courses and best pictures in the world. (If plan A fails, I would love to be a course photographer).
Where do I Play: Mainly south/central WI, Kansas when I visit my grandparents, and possibly some in Tulsa if I visit my Uncle.
Best Course Played:
What I Enjoy Most: Absolutely everything about this game. I love the fresh air, I love the struggle of always trying to get better, even the horrendous days cuz it can't always go well haha.
Goals for 2010: Go from a 17 to a single digit, gotta pass the PAT eventually somehow :)

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Height: 6'2

Where are you from: UK

How Long have you been Playing: 1 1/2 years

Best Score: 86

Favorite club in the bag: putter :) + driver

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: ...

Where do you play: Buckingham Golf Club

Best courses you've played so far: Mentmore Golf and Country Club

Things you enjoy most about golf: Sinking a long putt, Bombing a 270 yard drive, Hitting onto par 3s

Goals for 2K10: In some real form (played 7 and shot 1 over last time), so get my handicap to 15, record my putts per round for the season, win a club comp
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Height: 6'

Where are you from: Malaysia ( anyone know this place ? ) Currently living in Shenzhen China

How Long have you been Playing: 10 years

Best Score: 73

Best Nine : 32

Favorite club in the bag: 56 deg Wedge

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: The Art Of Putting ( recommended by this forum) , Internet .

Where do you play: Malaysia / Thailand / Indonesia / Fort Collins / and currently in China

Best courses you've played so far: Olazabal Course - Mission Hill China / Royal Selangor GCC , Malaysia / Blue Canyon , Phuket Thailand

Things you enjoy most about golf: Meeting People and Friends / Making Some Small $

Goals for 2K10: To break 72 ( even par ) / Better Putting

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Height: 6' (180cm)

Where are you from: Australia

How Long have you been Playing: 6 years or so

Best Score: 80 (+10)

Best Nine : 39 (+4)

Favorite club in the bag: Crappy hybrid, great for punching

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: never read any

Where do you play: Mawson Lakes

Best courses you've played so far: Royal Adelaide, Gawler, Growling Frog (Victoria)

Things you enjoy most about golf: The challenge, the fact that it takes up so much time and costs relatively no money!

Goals for 2K10: Lower the handicap

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

Height: 5'11

Weight: 210

Where are you from: Louisville, KY by way of Charleston, WV

How Long have you been Playing: 22 years

Best Score: 67 (before a nasty motorcycle wreck in '06. Broken collarbone and torn AC joint = no golf for 18 months)

Favorite club in the bag: PW

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Golfer's Bible (The first and only book I've read)

Where do you play: All over Kentucky and Southern Indiana

Best courses you've played so far: Kiva Dunes - Alabama, Greenbrier Old White - West Virginia

Things you enjoy most about golf: Being outdoors, time with friends/family, taking so called "scratch" golfers money!

Goals for 2K10: Lower handicap by 2-3 strokes. Shoot 2 rounds in the 60's

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Height: 6'2"

Where are you from: South Orange County

How Long have you been Playing: 20 yrs...was a PGA pro for about 5 years and haven't played much until recently after I left the biz

Best Score: 65

Favorite club in the bag: all of them...it s the indian not the arrow

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: A Good Walk Spoiled...shows how imperfect even the best are

Where do you play: All around LA and OC

Best courses you've played so far: Riviera, Torrey Pines, Valley Club of Montecito, Doral, Mission Viejo CC, Edgewood Tahoe, La Costa, PGA West

Things you enjoy most about golf: Competition, comraderie, birdie binges, $2-2 down autos, teaching,..and recently watching my 4 yr old's enjoyment of the game

Goals for 2K10: get my competitive mojo back, be competitve in local and regional Am tournaments, work on the mental game, and get my family more involved (believe it or not they have been begging to learn)

Height: 5'11"

Where are you from: Lee County, MS

How Long have you been Playing: Played a bit 6 years ago but got serious last year

Best Score: Mid 90's

Favorite club in the bag: Taylor Made Monza putter or Vokey Spin Milled 56 Black Nickel Wedge

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: TV show "The Golf Fix"

Where do you play: Northeast MS

Best courses you've played so far: I'll answer later on this as I have three trips planned for April, May and June

Things you enjoy most about golf: competition, comraderie, birdie attempts even when I miss, getting better and PRACTICE, PRACTICE and more PRACTICE

Goals for 2010: One round in the 80's, none over 100!!!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

Height: 5'10

Where are you from: Northern NJ

How Long have you been Playing: 32 years

Best Score: 72

Favorite club in the bag: Putter

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped: Hogan's 5 Fundamentals, Palmer's My Game and Yours and Stack and Tilt

Where do you play: Mostly Morris County NJ

Best courses you've played so far: Ridgewood CC (NJ), Kapalua Plantation (HI), Desert Inn CC, Rio Secco, Reflection Bay (NV)

Thing you like best about golf: 4 hours of fresh air and serenity

Goals for 2010: Average 30 putts or less per round

Things you enjoy most about golf: Being outdoors, time with friends/family, taking so called "scratch" golfers money!

Goals for 2K10: Lower handicap by 2-3 strokes. Shoot 2 rounds in the 60's

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Height: 6' 0"

Where are you from: London, England

How Long have you been Playing: 4 years

Best Score: 66 (-5)

Favorite club in the bag: Driver

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Golf Is Not a Game of Perfect (Bob Rotella)

Where do you play: Hendon Golf Club

Best courses you've played so far: Pine Valley (NJ), Baltusrol (NJ), Congressional (MD), The Grove (Hertfordshire, England), Royal St. Georges (Kent, England)

Thing you enjoy most about golf: The heat of competition

Goals for 2K10: Win club championship. Stroke overage of less than 75. Reduce handicap from 3.2 to 1.4

8.5º D2 (Grafalloy Pro Launch Red Stiff)
13.5º 906F2 (UST Proforce V2 65 Stiff)
X12 Pro 2-iron (S300)
MP32 4-PW (S300)
52º Spin Milled (8º Bounce), 58º Spin Milled (12º Bounce) Karsten B60 Tour V2 Pro V1x Pure Touch

Height: 6'1

Where are you from: O-H-I-O!

How Long have you been Playing: 13 years (8-present)

Best Score: 66 (-6)

Favorite club in the bag: Putter

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Never had a lesson...lol just figure things out on the go.

Where do you play: Eastern Ohio-Panhandle of West Virginia

Best courses you've played so far: Scarlet Course at The Ohio State Golf Club, Long Bay Golf Club, Oglebay, Williams CC

Things you enjoy most about golf: The mental grind of a round, practicing

Goals for 2K10: Consistency, Become Scratch

Height: 6'4''

Where are you from: PA

How Long have you been Playing: 18 years

Best Score: 73

Favorite club in the bag: 3W

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Taped vids of my swing over the years

Where do you play: North/Central NJ, Eastern PA

Best courses you've played so far: Pinehurst (NC), Innisbrook (FL), TPC Deer Run (IL), Morgan Hill (PA), Bethpage Black (NY)

Things you enjoy most about golf: Challenging myself, meeting new people, sharing a few laughs, the 'live for' shots, serenity at times, enjoying the course in all aspects, fresh air

Goals for 2K10: shoot consistent 70's, be top 3 of club championship, have no more than 1 3-putt per week

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 1763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!