IGNORED

Official 2010 Masters Thread

Alex B
Note: This thread is 5127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On day one the greens are not quite as quick as some days and the pins were set pretty well for scoring -- the "roars" are back at Augusta, and that is great in my opinion. For novice or early stage followers of the Masters, take note of the drives on 18, one of the hardest in golf. From the tee box it looks like a thread the needle shot, and sooner or later, you will see a ball hung out right, and that is a mine field of trees over there. Left is also difficult depending on the pin placement. I don't wish anyone bad luck, but it will be interesting to see how an errant shot on 18 is handled by the unfortunate player who hits it.

RC

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Faldo finally mentioned the friendly pins for day one, and predicts faster and harder locations ahead.

RC

Just got home from work. Looks like KJ went off around Amen Corner!

Scratch that... after checking his scorecard, looks like he went off after amen corner. Either way, 4 birds in a row is pretty sweet.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

if tiger starts to drop putts, this tournament is over tomorrow.

Yeah. He missed some really easy ones. I maybe shooting myself in the face, but with the quick turn around and no time to spend on the practice tee tonight, i have a feeling tiger isnt even going to break par tommorrow. That was about one of the sloppiest 68's one could shoot.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• Administrator
That was about one of the sloppiest 68's one could shoot.

Huh? He got some good breaks but he was also three short putts away from shooting 65, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Huh? He got some good breaks but he was also three short putts away from shooting 65, too.

I dunno. Something was off. Besides taking good advantage of the par 5's, i wasnt particularly impressed with the round.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

65? Maybe even 64, 63! What would it have done to the field to see Tiger up by 2 or 3? Its a fact these guys are not that mind strong. Seeing his name up there would scare a lot of guys add the fact the pins are going to get harder and longer? A lot of hero shots and a lot of players playing for that 2nd place check if you ask me.

I will say Tiger had the Golf Gods in his favor. A lot of lucky bounces off trees and the weather clearing up for him to finish the round.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

Some knucklehead paid to fly a banner behind a plane just as Tiger teed of that said, "Tiger, did you mean Bootyism?" What a scumbag. Some people in this country need to get a life.

Agreed. And it is equally knucklehead-like that a member of the "press corps" deemed this an important thing to ask Tiger about in the postround interview (Tiger handled the entire interview with very good comportment, by the way). There's a paradigm going around that the "press corps" are the upholders of moral dignity who somehow need to improve Tiger's comportment. Based on this little interchange, that's a bunch of hot air.

What a GREAT first round!!!!!!!!

Nuff said!!!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

What a GREAT first round!!!!!!!!

I completely agree. I saw a lot of great shots today. Having Couples at the top is pretty awesome. And Tiger playing as well as he did was awesome. It was a killer first day. If this keeps up all weekend, I'm probably going to end up being a huge waste of life, as I wont be able to pull myself from the TV.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I dunno. Something was off. Besides taking good advantage of the par 5's, i wasnt particularly impressed with the round.

I'm guessing you didn't see the 60 yard hook he hit around the tree's onto the green to then birdie. It wasn't the prettiest 68 by any means, but certainly not sloppy either.

64% fairways hit, 77% GIR, 1.72 putts, 299 driving avg. In my opinion, it was vintage tiger...

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

what do you guys reckon the cut line will be tomorrow?

I was thinking about this earlier. Unless pin placement is crazy, and you see a lot of the guys at the top draw back, I think the safe bet is probably around +1 or +2.

Another question I'd like to throw out to everyone: It's probably too early to start this talk, I'm just going by how the leaderboard sits right now, but if there was a dream paring for for the final group on Sunday, what would you like to see? Tiger and Couples? Tiger and Phil? Someone not named Tiger? TW and TW? Just curious to see what everyone would want to see, within reason.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

It might only be for one round but I hope they are in contention come Sunday. Couples has the better chance but Watson defied odds at Turnberry.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I'm going to have to find a phone friendly site to watch some of the play, all I got was score updates.

I find it interesting at how tight most of the scores are, and that about half the field is at par or under. Tomorrow should be real interesting, and I will go ot on a limb and say the cut line could be under par. What has the cut line been in previous years? Sure wish we had a TV cable line right now. And really wish I could be there someday.

Final pairs? Couples & Woods following Langer & Furyk with Furyk catching two Eagles to get there tomorrow (along with a bunch of Birdies considering where he currently sits ).

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Note: This thread is 5127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!