IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

I like that flat left wrist at A4. I would really like to have that position. Nice work!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played like garbage today. Couldn't find anything consistent in terms of contact. I almost outright wiffed on a ball. 

On a positive note I had 27 putts. 

Everything right now is a cut shot and slices.

of course I really haven't hit a ball in a month.

I need to take a trip up to Erie. ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Played like garbage today. Couldn't find anything consistent in terms of contact. I almost outright wiffed on a ball. 

On a positive note I had 27 putts. 

Everything right now is a cut shot and slices.

of course I really haven't hit a ball in a month.

I need to take a trip up to Erie. ;)

Both of those last two things need to change. Especially the penultimate one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Both of those last two things need to change. Especially the penultimate one.

Yea, I've been slacking a bit here. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• 3 weeks later...

I went up to Erie, PA for my golf lessons today. Here is what I need to work on. Same stuff as before. 

FO View, 

DTL View,

From A1 to A2 I need to just turn and hinge my wrist earlier to get the hands in more and the clubhead outside more. From there I need to just continue up to A4 by getting the club to point more towards 11 o'clock instead crossing over to the right. 

Hinge Drill

Clubhead is more outside the hands at A2. Right arm is softer. Hands gain depth due to turn. Already the right arm is in a better position at A4, and the club is less pointing towards the right and more DTL. 

5691c1f68fb6d_02Hinge.thumb.jpg.edc86f1c

Transition Work,

Not concentrating on the hinge work, but still the clubead at A2 is better just by working on it just before this drill. Better position at A4. Getting the club at a better position there cleans up my right elbow because the club head travels less over the left shoulder which can lengthen my swing and drag my right elbow around my back more. 

5691c1f8ed043_03Simulator.thumb.jpg.9ca6

This is a two piece work. Mostly the clubhead at the top because it controls a lot of my over the top move, swing length and swing steepness. 

Here is my swing sequence, 
01_Sequence.thumb.jpg.52c365453139e9f1be

Interesting thing is that I've started a David Dvual move by having my head turn and look ahead of the ball at A7. Never had that before, but it works for Annika Sorenstam and David Duval :) 

In summary, 
A1-A2, hinge with wrist only, allow turn to create depth
A2-A4, get the club flatter, pointing more towards behind me not across the target line.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

A quick question:  You're working on having the club point left of the target at A4, instead of crossing the line and pointing right.  Is this primarily a function of the length of the backswing?  Even with a club consistently on plane, if you stop short of parallel to the ground, it will point left.  If you go past parallel, it will point right.  I know you've mentioned that you're working to swing shorter, it seems the two are inter-related.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

A quick question:  You're working on having the club point left of the target at A4, instead of crossing the line and pointing right.  Is this primarily a function of the length of the backswing?  Even with a club consistently on plane, if you stop short of parallel to the ground, it will point left.  If you go past parallel, it will point right.  I know you've mentioned that you're working to swing shorter, it seems the two are inter-related.

It all inter-relates. Has to do with how much the wrists and forearms rotate, too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My camera battery was dead, so I used my I-phone. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Good. But do better on the first one to flop later. In (with the turn), THEN "flop."

Ugh, that transition piece is a pain the ass to do. Getting the A1-A2 down easier. Trying to go from A1-A4 and get that flop while getting that A1-A2 better is tricky. My wrists do not like to do that flop move. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Ugh, that transition piece is a pain the ass to do. Getting the A1-A2 down easier. Trying to go from A1-A4 and get that flop while getting that A1-A2 better is tricky. My wrists do not like to do that flop move. 

You'd like it less if you had to do it in transition.

And, as you know, your "flop" is way more than I'll ever want in a real swing.

In a week or so, it's gonna be time to start merging these two moves. Then it'll be:

• Hinge to 2.5.
  • Flop to 4.

Been doing some indoor work since the temperatures in Ohio wants to mimic the great tundra. 

Working on A1 - A2. Finding it easier now. I remembered an old feel/position check. The left arm pointing on the toe line. For me I like to see the inside of my elbow pointing up. This lets me know that my wrists haven't turned over, turning the forearm over. Also I can check the club at A2

A2-A4. I think keeping a softer right arm and not getting it extended away from my body as much helps flop the club. 

My drill has been. Do a few swings slow swings getting a good A1-A2. Hold A2, do a mini-pump and flop to A4

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

A2 - Better. Hands are more on the toe line, less out. Clubhead inline with hands. Hips could be more turned? Going to see if I can get a video of me just turning to A2 and not even thinking about moving the hands. 

A2.PNG.b27de1a78a65d52c59a2d27519bc46b8.

A4 - I wish I could stop here. :whistle: . This would be a halfway decent position at the top. 

A4.PNG.0edb2e6534addcf6164b67876eca53fc.

In reality I stop here :cry:. I struggle to really keep that club from tipping over parallel. Need to stop it before the point of no return. 

56a3e427ed4a6_A4Over.PNG.00c9ca7ec61deb9

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Swing looks good. Yes, you always need to shorten it. Remember how feeling like it's super laid off helps you also keep it shorter. Tough to lay the club off (umbrella, lay off) with the right elbow going around your body.

Still tipping the club over the line. Club goes up, over and around. Needs to go more on quote, on path. 

A2Hands haven't gained much depth. With the hands this far out the club will want to tip over. 

A2.thumb.PNG.a671d4fa9a72936120255006f79

I drew in the swing path. Green is the backswing. Red is the downswing. Club goes up, then diverts quickly inside and ends up overswinging and going across the line. Redirects above to a steeper path, path ends up going left at impact. Shot is a toe pull cut. 

56a6c34f60b76_swingpath.thumb.jpg.a9bde6

Just some, trying to keep the club head from rolling inside on me. I might noe be doing the flop to A4 correctly. Hands going too upright? The final swing in the video isn't half bad. 

This one I was working on more just focusing on turning from A1 to A2. Not trying to do anything with the hands. Maybe a slight hinge at most. Just trying to keep the hands from wanting to track outward and let them track inward more with the turn. I think a tad better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Stop the hands going out. That's leading to a roll, not a "flop." Even in the last video the hands go out right away.

Turn, hinge and stand the shaft up, lay it down late from 3 to 4.

47 minutes ago, iacas said:

Stop the hands going out. That's leading to a roll, not a "flop." Even in the last video the hands go out right away.

Turn, hinge and stand the shaft up, lay it down late from 3 to 4.

Yea I can see that. 

A1.thumb.PNG.f8caf72dfc3ade1008af40e623c

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I thought of something. I was curious what would happen if I tried to feel like the butt end of the club would hit my right hip. It does look better. A tad more hinge. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag