IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

26 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Thanks for the insight. This is not on my radar, and I am not sure it is something I need to worry about right now or if at all. I am a bit more concerned with swing length right now. Maybe tilt affects that, but most likely not to the degree in which I overswing 😉

Obviously I'm not you and you have a far more mature swing than mine, but swing length is an issue for me as well if you see my swing thread. What I'm finding is more the difference between arm plane (vertical) and shoulder plane (flat), more the arm runs off (length) uncontrolled. It could be coincidence.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Obviously I'm not you and you have a far more mature swing than mine, but swing length is an issue for me as well if you see my swing thread. What I'm finding is more the difference between arm plane (vertical) and shoulder plane (flat), more the arm runs off (length) uncontrolled. It could be coincidence.

No, I get that. If I can get my arms to go up more, it way less likely for them to carry on around me. Less likely chance for my right arm to do stupid stuff. 

In general, I need to be able to stop the swing short of A4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Tried to do more pause at A3. I really had to feel like it was pausing at A2-A3. If it went to A3 then I struggle to be able to get the hands down before I started tilting back. A3 might also be the club going more towards an A3 might also be the club going more towards A4.

It just felt like my hips were stuck and I couldn’t turn. And sometimes if I really felt the pause I would start to significantly slide towards the target. This wouldn’t happen when I try to pause the swing earlier. It really felt like guy could turn through easier. Like I wasn’t fighting anything.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

22 hours ago, saevel25 said:

This wouldn’t happen when I try to pause the swing earlier. It really felt like guy could turn through easier. Like I wasn’t fighting anything.

Much more so of this. Back at the range today. Taking the club back to about to 2.5 to 3. Feel like my weight stays on my right foot a little bit longer. Hands down to my right pocket as I bring my right side through to the target. Not anything new for me? Just getting back to getting a better swing length.

Contact went from struggling to hit a solid compressed, even on strikes out of the middle, to striping the ball. Misses tend to be slight pushes may be slight push cut. Instead of big pulls, big pushes, or overdraws.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Ok, so I FINALLY hit a driver with the feeling I get with my irons. Had a good backswing feel. It felt like an A3 backswing (probably A3.5, but I didn't over turn). Then I finally felt the arms gaining width from my chest in the downswing. That poor golf ball had no chance. 

When people talk about slotting the club, yep that. It's kind of stupid how it didn't feel like I swung the club hard. Like it was 90%-ish. It felt like I had 10% left in the tank, but just crushed it. 

Yea, I have been noticing I am getting a bit more out of my irons. Probably a smidge more swing speed, but much better launch conditions. 

Still need to ingrain this stuff. Yea, a bit of progress here. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Trying to describe the swings tonight in comparison to the better swigs on the range. 

1. Not hanging out on the trail side as long as I need. Even though it was a slight push cut, the best struck ball was the 7 iron on hole 9. nGIR from 185 yards, like 8 yards off center of green from 185 yards, so like a 4% leave, not too shabby. Took me long enough to exaggerate this feel. 🙄 I finally was able to get an up and down for par. Short game feels average, but I can't buy a putt right now. I am hitting decent putts. Good weight. Just nothing going in outside of 5-FT. 

2. Downswings were not the good kind where I get separation with the hands from my body. It was a lot of dipping the body and keeping elbow bend. When I hit a lot of big pushes, I know this is happening. It tends to be the pattern, especially when I struggle to turn good. Things just dip way to the inside. Just struggled with this tonight. I think it was probably because I didn't get the pause feel correct. 

3. Wedges were really good. SW, GW, and PW are the best clubs right now to feel a good swing. I am just able to really feel the club stop short of A4, pause it, and then rip it. I had 138 yards shot into a par 3, and I took my PW. I felt like I kept the swing at like A2.5, and just crushed it to 138 yards. Like, ball landed 4-FT right of the pin, then spun back 25-FT off the green. Kind of a stupid green, like 5% slope back to front. 

Current good feels. 

1. Swing length to A3
2. Gain separation between my body and hands in the downswing. 
3. Somehow add turning into this? This really my biggest struggle. There are three outcomes right now. First, I turn and don't get my hands down well. Second, I get my hands down and it feels like I do not turn at all. Third, I sync up both and crush the ball. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Went to the range tonight. Worked on shorter backswing, pause, rip it. 

Overall, for the irons pretty good. It was fun to see how short I could make the swing and still crush it. The shorter I make the swing the more my hips engage to ramp up the speed. 

Sill working on the driver. Trying to get the shorter swing feel to work. Just a lot of practice backswings. Trying to feel the duration of the swing. I am trying to not let the swing to extend onward during the pause feeling. Like the irons, the shorter I can make it the better my hips turn in the downswing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I went up to Erie today for a lesson. 

In general, above with keeping things shorter is always good. 

For the irons, a bit more anti- revving motion with the wrists in the downswing. Right palm facing down more a A6. Basically? I was getting the club to the ball in a meh way. Adding this rev and turn makes it easier to swing out and not have to worry about trying to square the club face. My current pattern was a lot of times rolling the wrists over.

Drill. Take club to top. Pause. Bring club down to A6 with wrist in good position. Feel like I do not move arms or hands at all. Pivot and hit ball. I should hit big push overdraws since the club is way closed and I am swinging way out here due to the exaggeration.

I do not need much of this. I was overdoing it on full swings, which is good. 

For the driver, this is the one that is wonky. I do way too much shallowing with the body, dipping backwards. I have to feel like my back faces the target longer, and I sway very vertical in the downswing. What feels like I am hitting down 5 degrees would produce like up 2-3. What felt like I swing left 5 degrees is like n zero swing path. I have to feel like I leave the clubface 20 degrees open. It feels like I’m going to hit the ball with the back of the heel and it produced like a 10 yard push. 🤣

It’s opposite of when I need to do with my irons in doing a bit of anti-revving. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag