IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

(edited)

Initial

Shorter, still can be more hands out and golf shaft vertical at A3
Need to exaggerate this more. 

Driver - Shorter. Feel is hands stay away from my head. Trying to feel like the right elbow stays way off the body. A little of the swing stopping here, slowing down. 

Driver - exaggerating backswing feels. Right elbow higher than left and shorter.

Edited by saevel25
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Big Lex said:

As to the first point, I'm not completely sure of what you mean by hitty rather than turny,

Like, I was very armsy, less turn. I always felt like I am hitting the ball versus letting the club being more passive. 

5 hours ago, Big Lex said:

The sequencing of everything, the movement of the hips, the way the upper body and club follow it, the plane, all of it, looks like an expert golfer to me. I would love to see my swing look more like yours. 

I appreciate the flattery, but it’s meh to me. It’s better, but it’s just a very sloppy swing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Good range session today trying to keep the swing shorter. Right now the swing is like on the edge of where I want. Like, a good number of swings are where I want, and the other half just carry on slightly longer than I want, but still WAY shorter than what was my baseline. 

Initial Baseline Now

Shorter Swing
Backswing feels like it's about 60% backswing speed. 
Keeping arms turning with the body to like A2-A2.5-ish
Folding right elbow to A3, and feeling the swing slow to a stop here

Basically, if I can play that slight straight cut, YAY ME! 🙂 I feel like I can turn the crap out of that and not hit it left. Most of my left hits are when I don't turn. Swing is steeper at A6 going into A7.  

Just a FO view to have. 

Future stuff to work on here. More left side extension to keep the turn rates up so the club gets slightly less flippy at impact. I like A6 a lot. Hands near right hip at A6. Palm facing camera. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

It’s coming! You’re finding that both the bits of work you put in before plus the extra added with you’re doing now are paying off.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just some practice today...

Videos might be long, I had the phone set to 240 fps (just switch playback speed to 2x 😉

Still trying to get the club to be more vertical at A3 with the hands not as deep. Arms raise up slightly from A1 to A2. Turn carries the club up more than around. Slightly steeper shoulder pitch feeling. The right elbow needs to hinge more from A2 to A3, and feel like the hands stay out in front of my chest more.  Like, my hands go away from the body from a2 to a3.

For the most part, I like the swing in the third video... The other ones are pretty similar. 

Good Exaggeration at A2. Not hard to achieve. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.13.16 PM.png

Not too much hand depth here. Like the club position.  When the hands get more inline with shoulder or behind then the club has the habit of flying across the line as the right elbow doesn't stay off the chest enough. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.13.39 PM.png

I like this position at A4. Right elbow is off the body. Probably the best it has looked. It  Club is not pointing way over the line. The right forearm doesn't pivot around the right elbow causing the club to carry on further and cross the line. The right shoulder doesn't retract here. I might have been feeling more like my right shoulder stays in a hunched position. I was playing around with this feel to see if it helped keep the hands more in front of me. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.13.05 PM.png

Club almost identical here as in the backswing. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.14.22 PM.png

Clubhead not under the hands here. I need to be a bit more squat-isn here? Not going to worry about it now.  Probably just need to start turning the left hip back and right shoulder back and up from here. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.14.44 PM.png

Some Driver Practice Stuff. Trying same stuff as with the iron swing. 

I like this A2 position. Still pretty easy to achieve. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.23.12 PM.png

Very similar to the iron swing. Hands just in front of right shoulder. Club is pointing inside the ball. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.23.21 PM.png

The club carries on slightly past this due to momentum and shaft flex in transition. The more I look at this position, the more I like it. Arm is off the body. Club is in a good spot. Just need to stop it here. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.23.55 PM.png

loss of axis tilt hre. Just comparing to the picture of A4 to A5.  I think I need to focus more on the squat move with the driver more than the irons. I tend to stand up way to much with my driver. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.24.07 PM.png

I don't like this position. Way to stand up here. Clubhead is almost underneath the hands here. Still under the swing path. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.24.23 PM.png

Compared to the iron swing where it is above the hands. I mean, its a 7 iron compared to a driver. Still, I am more hunched over the ball with the 7 iron here, and I like this position a lot more. that the driver position. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.14.44 PM.png

On a few of the last few swings. I just wanted to try out a tempo thing. What if I just started the downswing right after the backswing? Right now, the swing feels like there is a ton of carry on arm movement. What if I try to feel no carry on at all?

Here is just a test. Not much arm movement at all. Just continuation from backswing to downswing. 

Here is what happens when I add in the feel of that turning, to just raising the club up with the right arm bending and hands raising up right from A1

For a few simple thoughts, and just making what felt like a subtle-quick turn for the backswing and downswing it has some similarities to what I have been practicing. The swing still carried on a bit too long, but if I stoped it more at A3.5-ish, it looks very similar to above were I stopped the swing. For a super quick feeling swing, I am kind of impressed I can get A1 to A3 nearly spot on. Still too quick to keep the swing short enough. Still, I have over swung way more than this before while thinking about trying to keep it shorter. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.39.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.39.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.39.33 PM.png

Overall, I like how how the swings after taking 3-4 practice swings turned out. Sometimes the video will show my hands gaining depth at 2.5 to 3.5, and then the clubhead will just fly across the line. My right elbow will gain a bit of depth, and my right shoulder will retract back. This pitches the club across the path.  I really have to focus on keeping the hands in front of me the most. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

15 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

@saevel25, looking good, dude. 

Thanks. It just needs to get baked in so I can work on ball striking and hitting shots. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Club almost identical here as in the backswing. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.14.22 PM.png

Don't get too caught up in pictures. Where it's "going" and where it's "coming from" matter.

You know this, I'm just reminding you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Overall a C- practice

Just can’t stop the hands from gaining depth from A2.5 ish to A4 ish

Here is me testing a few things out…

here is more hinging earlier…

Here is more hinging earlier and lifting up more. Trying to keep hands from going behind me

Hands still like to do some loopy stuff. 

I had some video of me just not thinking much and keeping it slow but YouTube made it a short video and it would not embed. 

right now, contact is a mix of shanks, thinnish, and pushes right. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

The depth isn't the biggest issue, as you know. It's more about the shaft and the sweet spot.

(edited)
1 hour ago, iacas said:

The depth isn't the biggest issue, as you know. It's more about the shaft and the sweet spot.

That makes sense. Just in watching the one video where I get the club vertical at A3. My hands gain like 12 inches of depth behind me, but the clubhead just continues on its path of ending up just above my head at A4. When I drew dots, it looks like it would just get there no matter what I do with my hands there...

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 6.33.19 PM.png

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

That makes sense. Just in watching the one video where I get the club vertical at A3. My hands gain like 12 inches of depth behind me, but the clubhead just continues on its path of ending up just above my head at A4. When I drew dots, it looks like it would just get there no matter what I do with my hands there...

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 6.33.19 PM.png

Yes, and like I'm doing, you will want to start being careful about doing this too much, because you're not going to be able to hit partial wedges, etc.

You can't hit the ball from a position 1/2 or 2/3 or 3/4 of the way back with the shaft looking like / from down the line.

01.jpg

Green is the clubhead, blue is the coupling point of the hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

Worked on some flow stuff just to see what the swing would look if I just flung the club up to A4 with some right elbow off chest stuff…

sorry for them not embedding, but uploading videos with the YouTube app makes any video under 1 minute a short. The website doesn’t embed the short links. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

25 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

sorry for them not embedding, but uploading videos with the YouTube app makes any video under 1 minute a short. The website doesn’t embed the short links.

The way to do it on mobile is to get the shorts link from the app, then paste it into a browser which should take you to the YouTube app with it as a regular video, then grab the link from that.

It's as annoying as it sounds.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

When the site is updated to 4.6.x, shorts embeds will work again directly.

Waiting on a few key plugins to be updated for 4.6 compatibility, mostly.

41 minutes ago, billchao said:

The way to do it on mobile is to get the shorts link from the app, then paste it into a browser which should take you to the YouTube app with it as a regular video, then grab the link from that.

It's as annoying as it sounds.

Makes sense. I noticed on my MacBook that I can get the normal YouTube links.

As for my swings. I like the feel of just flinging the club up. More like, my turn drags the club up and around me, and my hands just stay as wide as I can get them. Like my hands continue to shift me right a bit. From there, I can really start down with a shift left and turn through. 

My practice swings were starting the swings with moving the club towards the target and using the momentum to fling the club back and up maintaining width. 

I wasn't try to hard, but I end up getting this position at impact. Which is like really open for me. I could nit pick about the extension here, but this is pretty good. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 10.07.53 PM.png

Yea, A4 is across the line. A3 isn't too bad. This helped just get timing better and let me make decent contact more often. Just kind of wanted to bet back to making some good strikes over hitting positions in the backswing for a quick 35 minute practice session before volleyball. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Just messing around with Analyzr..

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Just messing around with Analyzr..

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

You should make them into emojis!

OT - How do you like that Shelta hat? I have a Tilley, but it’s nylon and does not manage sweat very well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave