IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I gotta go with the U of O b/c 1) they have everything to gain and nothing to lose, 2) I think they are stick and tired of hearing how great Cam Nelson is and how tough the SEC is supposed to be, 3) IMO they are a more physical team and very dangerous in the 2nd half b/c of their cardio, 3) I believe they have many more explosive players than U of A, 4) they change up their plays a lot and run them fast, 5) the U of O defense is every bit as good as their offense, but the offense out shadows the defense at present.

Either way it should be a very good game, but I'm stay'n with da Ducks---GO DUCKS

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pulling for the Ducks. Not sure how this will play out though. AU might get crushed, but perhaps they will have one more comeback in them. Hope not.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

As an Alabama fan, I have to go with the Ducks.  I know there are a lot of conflicted Alabama fans out there who for some reason or another think that it will be bad for the SEC if Auburn loses.  I feel exactly the opposite.  If Auburn wins, there is a very real possibility that their title will be stripped because of NCAA violations.  If that happens, it will give all of the other SEC teams that have won national championships over the past four years - Alabama included - a black eye by association.  Everyone will assume that if Auburn cheated, we all cheated.

Given what I've read, heard and seen, the Ducks are looking at this as a "business trip".  Auburn... not so much.  I've seen far too many teams come into games "loose" only to take a quarter and a half to finally realize that they are actually in a ball game.  Auburn seems to think that they are preordained as champions and that this game is just a formality.  If they are complacent, Oregon will boat-race them in the first quarter and it will be 21-0 before they know what hit them.  Oregon is fast and their offensive line is no pushover.  If I'm Chip Kelly, I roll my quarterback out and make Fairley and company play chase on every play.  With Oregon's frenetic pace, Auburn's defensive line could be sucking oxygen by the second quarter.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bwdial

With Oregon's frenetic pace, Auburn's defensive line could be sucking oxygen by the second quarter.

And... this didn't happen :)

I thought it was a good game, but Oregon was no match for the size and sound fundamentals of Auburns defense.  As a former Oregonian and a big Beaver fan, it was very interesting to see how quickly Oregon's famed offense was reduced to resorting to fake punts and risky shovel passes for first downs.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Originally Posted by delav

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwdial

With Oregon's frenetic pace, Auburn's defensive line could be sucking oxygen by the second quarter.

And... this didn't happen :)

I thought it was a good game, but Oregon was no match for the size and sound fundamentals of Auburns defense.  As a former Oregonian and a big Beaver fan, it was very interesting to see how quickly Oregon's famed offense was reduced to resorting to fake punts and risky shovel passes for first downs.

Yet the game ended on a last second field goal.  I wouldn't say Oregon was no match for Auburns d.  They still put up 450 yards of offense.  They just adjusted and went with a passing theme since the run didn't work.

Congrats to Auburn, the one hit wonder they are.  They'll go back to 7 or 8 wins next year.  Oregon will be tough again next year, although they will not be starting off easy, as I'm of the opinion that their first opponent will be the champs (that being Louisiana State)

I thought Auburn's defensive front dominated the game and Chip Kelly outcoached hisself.  The outcome could have easily been reversed.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

• 4 months later...

Jim Tressel has resigned as Ohio St. football coach.  I guess the all the lying finally caught up with him.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Jim Tressel has resigned as Ohio St. football coach.  I guess the all the lying finally caught up with him.

It was only a matter of time...

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 

Sounds like this is about to get ugly for the Buckeyes.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 

Note: This thread is 4714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!