IGNORED

Moving onto Blades

Note: This thread is 3202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This thread is taking a very comedic path.

Shanks - really sorry to pick on your irons - it's true that all forged looking NW irons I've seen are poor quality, but it's also a pretty old golf company, so they probably made a lot of good stuff too.

If I sit here and judge Ram and MacGregor based on the worst products they've ever made, I'd be wondering how the hell did Tom Watson and Jack Nicklaus ever win a tournament.

Again - sorry.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You come off like my 10 yaer old nephew when he argues with his sister about how he can freely put his hand in her face because its a free country.

That's what I was basically originally going to write instead of "seriously?" Something like "what are you, 5?" My point is, I don't care what you play, but as a poster on this forum you are making it be known what irons you play, thus I am allowed to have an opinion. You are foolish if you or anyone else here over an X handicap if you think you are benefiting from blades. That's my point.

Not true. You can't marry someone of the same gender, and you can't marry more than one person. Sweden is the freest country in the world, according to the U.N. But the free country argument also assumes that in this free country, there is another freedom called freedom of speech. Under that freedom, we can tell the 20 handicap with the blades that he's a moron.

Haha, good find.

And another thing: I can shape my shots just fine thank you very much, and I don't see blades in my signature.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Honestly, if he wants to spend the money on blades let him. He is not "hurting" you. He spends the same amount on green fees as you, the same amount on range buckets as you, stop giving a shit about what he's playing and focus on your own swing. He's paid for the time on the course and if he wants to spend that time swinging with blades, that's his choice. The way people get their panties in a bunch on this website with the constant GI v. Blade debate is seriously ridiculous.

In my Tour Sasquatch Stand Bag

Driver: 10.5* R9 460
Fairway Wood: Dymo2 3 Wood
Hybrid: SUMO 21* 3 HybridIrons: Pro Combo Forged Irons 4-PW Gap Wedge 52* Vokey Sand Wedge: iWedge 56* Lob Wedge: MX-950 60*Putter: Studio Select Fastback No. 1 35"

Honestly, if he wants to spend the money on blades let him. He is not "hurting" you. He spends the same amount on green fees as you, the same amount on range buckets as you, stop giving a shit about what he's playing and focus on your own swing. He's paid for the time on the course and if he wants to spend that time swinging with blades, that's his choice. The way people get their panties in a bunch on this website with the constant GI v. Blade debate is seriously ridiculous.

Amen my brother!!!

G10 9.0* fujikura stiff
Speedline 3 wood 13*
A4 OS 19* hybrid
S2 with Project X 5.5 steel shafts
CG 10 54* Studio Style 1.5

You all can read my sig right and know that I'm not playing blades??

You come off like my 10 yaer old nephew when he argues with his sister about how he can freely put his hand in her face because its a free country.

Who's wound up? The whole marry, car food thing was a joke followed by LOL but I guess you didn't take it that way. I find no where in this thread that any high handicapper insisted that it was necessary to play blades. I don't even see where a high handicap on this thread plays blades.

Not true. You can't marry someone of the same gender, and you can't marry more than one person. Sweden is the freest country in the world, according to the U.N. But the free country argument also assumes that in this free country, there is another freedom called freedom of speech. Under that freedom, we can tell the 20 handicap with the blades that he's a moron.

Oh yes, you certainly have that freedom, but I too have the freedom to question your need to refer to someone who plays a certain iron over X handicap a moron. I don't see anyone on this thread talking about feel and shaping shots except you.

I have been hitting 4 per 9 with my g5's. I played a combo set last year 7-pw mb and 3-6 cb's and hit about 2 greens per 9. So my GIR stat is a 100% improvement over last year so far. And my driving is actually worse so far this year than last year!

Good on ya for hitting more greens. I'm working on doing the same. You certainly do have that right, but I have the same right to question/dissuade/comment you. Correct?

That's what I was basically originally going to write instead of "seriously?" Something like "what are you, 5?" My point is, I don't care what you play, but as a poster on this forum you are making it be known what irons you play, thus I am allowed to have an opinion. You are foolish if you or anyone else here over an X handicap if you think you are benefiting from blades. That's my point.

You don't care what I play? As long as it isn't blades right?? But, I'm foolish if I play them?? Really? You don't care what I play??

I like the idea of harder to hit clubs. Harder to hit may mean many things to many people, but if it makes you practice more and learn to hit the harder club and you're having fun then what's the harm? Some people like to take the road less traveled. For example I began deer hunting some years ago and after one season with a gun I decided that I needed a new challenge read more fun to me. I took up hunting with a compound bow which is far harder as you have to practice shooting a lot and get the deer within 20-30 yards. It takes more patience and work than gun hunting. Now after 7 years I have decided to take up hunting with a recurve which takes far more practice than even a compound bow and you generally like a 5-15 yards shot which increase the difficulty factor. What's wrong with increasing the difficulty as long as the person is still having fun? I think I've dissented enough. I'll leave you all to your very helpful thread.

• Administrator
This thread's probably gone on long enough. I play blades... anyone have anything to say to that? Didn't think so.

I also happened to learn the game playing blades. I've _never_ cared for the feeling of a cavity back iron, with the Titleist AP2s being the closest I've come and only then because of the awesome feel they continued to provide. But I'm happier with the MP-67s.

Play what you want. The end.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 9 months later...

It is ok for a 20 handicap to play with forged blade and it is ALSO ok for touring pro to play with clubs like x-12 with super wide sole and tons of offset............IT IS FREEDOM OF CHOICE!

I moved from cavity backs to blades about 5 years ago and I am happy that I did, others will tell you this and that but I recommend trying blades.

I play the Mizuno mp33s that you can find on Ebay from $177 - $350 for a decent set.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=mizuno+mp33+set&_sacat=0&_odkw=mp33&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I remember rushing to the driving range after receiving the mp33s and the first thing that I notice was that they were easier to hit then I ever imaged.  The mp33 in my opinion are the best looking and somewhat forgiving blades.

There are so call blades with cavities and I feel they are 1/2 cavity and 1/2 blades.  I hit up to a 5 iron and play either cavities or hybrids to fill in the long irons.

Good luck and prepare to play your best rounds of golf.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

i cant wait to get my MP 67s back... i just got them on ebay and im having them worked on.

but last season i played with an old set of DCI 990s, and the year before that i had my Adams GT2s which were super game improvement...the amount of feel and feedback i felt once i switched clubs was amazing.

i just want the club to do what i tell it too....i dont want it to try to help me or steer my ball.  the look of the smaller irons and minimal offset is awsome as well.

• 4 years later...
I am a high handicap have been posting a few better scores then my signature but still have blow ups now and then. I had this theory the other day that the guys I now that can shoot <90s , most started out on grabdpa's blades and they grooved their swing. Because of some of the great feed back. Owe I started with mgi, I just recently bought a set of JN muirfields for $60 shipped off eBay to practice with. Within minutes I was swinging "smoother" because I had to to make good contact.the first attempts were anything but good contact. They are here to stay, the ability to know exactly what a pure shot/ toe/heel/ fat/ and thin feels like vs just a good/bad shot is worth the frustration/punishment of the bad shots.

Note: This thread is 3202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!