IGNORED

Is Passing Jack Nicklaus a Long Shot?

PuttPutt
Note: This thread is 5088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger is done. He should just hang it up

He will beat Jackoff Nicklaus' record

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Tiger is done. He should just hang it up

lol... are you serious? have you seen tiger's short game lately? if he can straighten out his driver and quit pulling the ball, couple that with his short game as of late, i'm confident he could pull 2 calendar year grand slams.

I feel like Jim Mora, "Majors?". This guy's swing is awful and you're talking about "Majors?". I think Jack's record might turn out to be safe but Tiger has a long time to catch him if he stays healthy. I think anyone that believes he will win a major this year is crazy.

He had a chance to win the Masters this year, with a horrible 10 hcap driver/ 3 wood swing. The game is won from 120 yards and in at the pros...still no problem for Tiger, he just needs to get to that distance without taking a penalty stroke or pitch out to the fairway.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

He had a chance to win the Masters this year, with a horrible 10 hcap driver/ 3 wood swing. The game is won from 120 yards and in at the pros...still no problem for Tiger, he just needs to get to that distance without taking a penalty stroke or pitch out to the fairway.

Obviously you're a big tiger fan but he never had a chance to win the masters and I'm not sure how you figure he had one. Losing by 5 shots doesn't qualify as had a chance because he would have needed westwood or mickelson to slip a little. I know he didn't have his best at the masters but he would have needed a lot more including help to win. Your post is dead on the driver is killing him but the other big factor you are leaving out is he won't have it until mentally he's ready.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Obviously you're a big tiger fan but he never had a chance to win the masters and I'm not sure how you figure he had one. Losing by 5 shots doesn't qualify as had a chance because he would have needed westwood or mickelson to slip a little. I know he didn't have his best at the masters but he would have needed a lot more including help to win. Your post is dead on the driver is killing him but the other big factor you are leaving out is he won't have it until mentally he's ready.

tiger had more birdies and eagles than anyone else in the field. trust me, he definitely had a chance to win it.

tiger had more birdies and eagles than anyone else in the field. trust me, he definitely had a chance to win it.

Actually, Westwood led the field with 22 birdies for four rounds. Woods had 17. Trust me, with that putting stroke, Woods couldn't win a mid-am held at Augusta.

G10 Driver Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 Stiff
G5 3-Wood Aldila NV65-Stiff
G15 20 Hybrid TFC stiff
I15 Irons 4-P
S/M Black Nickel 52 56 60 Marxman Mini 33" Tour B330 RXCarroll Valley Resort, Fairfield PA Rating: 72.3 Slope: 128www.carrollvalley.com

It depends on his health in the short term. In the long term there is a very small chance he doesnt get it. He's only 34 and still has at least 30-40 attempts left in his prime years.

Exactly! Escpecially considering that the Masters never changes venue and that he should contend in that until he's 50. He could easily pass Jack just winning the Masters.

I think once he gets his family issues figured out, he will be fine. I think what's killing him mentally is the uncertanty on wether or not Elin is going to leave him or not. I'm sure he has to know that she eventually will. How could she not? Anyway, once he puts that behind him he will shine! He has too many years in his prime left.
The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

Of course it's a long shot. It was a long shot to get this far, and he still has to win 5 more to pass. Jeez louise!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

El Tigre needs to get a divorce and lose half of his fortune. Then he can jump back on the "ho" train and be back to winning majors in no time.

Step 1....divorce
step 2....practice practice practice
step 3....nail denny's waitress
step 4....win majors
step 5....profit!

I think anyone that believes he will win a major this year is crazy.

What's crazy is that people believe he doesn't have a chance....the last time I checked he was still the No. 1 player in the world. With two majors on tracks which he has been victorious on, it's safe to say he has a chance and will contend.

You don't know what pressure is until you've played for five dollars a hole with only two in your pocket - Lee Trevino

MP-600 @ 10.5°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15°
Insight BUL 5-wood @ 18° IDEA a2 4i Hybrid @ 23° MX-25 5-PW MP-R Series 52° > 50°/05° MP-R Series 54°/10° MP-R...

What's crazy is that people believe he doesn't have a chance....the last time I checked he was still the No. 1 player in the world. With two majors on tracks which he has been victorious on, it's safe to say he has a chance and will contend.

Fair enough but I'm saying if you were FORCED to bet one way or another. Would you wager that he wins 1 of the next 3 majors? I'll send this thread back to you after the PGA. :)

I think Tiger will get back to it eventually. I still feel like he's playing for the tour and so people watch and not for himself. Once, if ever, he misses actually playing the sport, he'll get back to his best and will pass Jack.

I think that if Woods continues to play badly, as he has the last month, he not only won't win any more Majors or beat up Jack's record - he won't win any more tournaments. When your game consists of missed cuts and placing 40th or so in the field - you don't win anything ever. With his current game he passes nobody but John Daly.

Taylor Made driver (today)
Sonartec 4w - Nippon steel
Nickent Hybrid - Nippon steel
Mizuno MP 32 - Nippon steel
Cleveland Wedges (Lotta chrome)Putter by BettinardiYikes Batman, you have a mongrel bag !!!

I think that if Woods continues to play badly, as he has the last month, he not only won't win any more Majors or beat up Jack's record - he won't win any more tournaments. When your game consists of missed cuts and placing 40th or so in the field - you don't win anything ever. With his current game he passes nobody but John Daly.

what? he's played bad what? 2 tourneys? Amazing how people are riding this guy off with 2 performances and 1 4th place at Augusta?!?! That is nuts.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

Fair enough but I'm saying if you were FORCED to bet one way or another. Would you wager that he wins 1 of the next 3 majors? I'll send this thread back to you after the PGA. :)

id take a piece of that action

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

what? he's played bad what? 2 tourneys? Amazing how people are riding this guy off with 2 performances and 1 4th place at Augusta?!?! That is nuts.

my thoughts exactly. screw the 14 majors he's won in the past. screw his entire career. The two tourneys he's played bad at is indicative of his entire career to come right?

Please. Tiger is very much still in the game and may I remind everyone he's still #1 and his biggest competitor at this point, Mickelson, hasn't stepped up to the plate yet. Tiger passing Jack isn't an "if" question, it's a "when". Whether in the next 5 years or 10, Tiger will surpass Jack. I'm just interested in seening what will happen short term. with Haney out and the divorce, it should be interesting to see how Tiger steps up to the game after all this. But if his entire career prior to this point indicates anything about Tiger, it should be that he's determined to be the best golfer and he definitely won't crawl over and call it quits.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

St Andrews is Tigers course....period.

If he doesnt win there then maybe you can start worrying about him not breaking Jack's record.

I believe hell win there everytime its there until hes in his mid 40's or he has some sort of injury or something

It will surprise me if Tiger doesn't pass Jack's records of wins in majors, but then no one foresaw this little glitch he's currently recovering from, and who knows what else might happen to get in his way. I wouldn't look at only wins in majors before saying Tiger has "passed Jack." Tiger has played in 57 major tournaments. His record: 1st-14; 2nd-5; 3rd-3;4th-3;5th-1. In Jack's first 57 majors, his record is 1st-12; 2nd-10; 3rd-5; 4th-4; 5th-2. Jack's looks to me like the better one.

Note: This thread is 5088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!