IGNORED

Best high end spin golf ball

Note: This thread is 5078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

yea... after a series of threads kevinbomb has started, it only makes sense to conclude the guy is clueless.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

yea... after a series of threads kevinbomb has started, it only makes sense to conclude the guy is clueless.

if your agreeing with my post, thank you.

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

i play them for full rounds all the time. then again i dont care all that much about the ball so im never worried about losing them.

Wow - that's pretty much all i got.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I will continue to sing the praises of the TM TP Black LDP. With their recent price drop to less than $30, you absolutely cannot beat them at that price point. I bought up like 12 dozen from Golf Galaxy and more from Lostgolfballs.com because I am sure they will quit making them soon. The TM Penta is a great ball as well. I have played ProV's as well....great ball, but I agree, didnt last very long.

bunch of high end balls and figure it out because your not going to listen to anyone who suggests a $45 ball

Are u saying iam a cheap ass ahha iam sorry but i am very thankfull that our family is in a very very successful situation i would buy a ball that was priced at 65 a dozen if they were good unlike pro v1s which are crappy balls and the thing about ur grooves being new they are not as sharp as mine thats why i shread and iam a beast with a wedge

Prov1s arent crap
but they certainly arent the be all end all anymore like some people talk about them.
All the premium balls are pretty good now

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

Are u saying iam a cheap ass ahha iam sorry but i am very thankfull that our family is in a very very successful situation i would buy a ball that was priced at 65 a dozen if they were good unlike pro v1s which are crappy balls and the thing about ur grooves being new they are not as sharp as mine thats why i shread and iam a beast with a wedge

You're a "beast" when it comes to grammar, likability, and believability...

hahahhaaaaaaa

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

my wedges arent dull because i replace them about every month and a half with brand new vokeys or clevelands strait out of the plastic.

why? they won't wear down that fast!

about ur grooves being new they are not as sharp as mine thats why i shread and iam a beast with a wedge

What do you do?

buy a new wedge every second day?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I'm sure that seeing as you are in a very successful situation you'll be able to schedule a fitting to try all the premium balls and after making hundreds of swings (each one worth 4$) you'll be able to pick the best ball for your game. After that, what are you gonna do when you start slicing again? I expect a golf and life has ended section 3

If I was calling you cheap I wouldn't have said to go buy a bunch of balls. I'm saying your not taking advice well. Why post a thread about this if you know what you want or aren't going to listen to other people. I'm not calling you cheap at all. I'm saying from what you've said about the pro v's you don't like them because they supposedly get ruined quickly and incase you weren't aware almost all the top balls are made with the same cover material. Where do you get your super wedges with razor grooves because apparently my brand new wedges aren't good enough even. Do you as a 7.9 play tournaments with your super wedges because i'm guessing that if your grooves are as rediculus as you say there completely illegal.

James black. I had some oil can wedges last year like a few sets and the softer metal wore down faster so I would have to replace them frequently. It also had to do with how often I clean them because that clearly didn't help their life time. I guess they didn't have to be replaced right away but I like the feel of new grooves so I would just replace them

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

I found the proV1 to be a very good ball, but i love the callaway tour i, i don't know about the US but here in Canada last year tour i model goes for 30$ a dozen and i find does more durable then this year model, you should give those a try.

In my sasquatch tour stand bag i carry
G15 driver 9 degree
diablo edge 3 wood
G10 5 wood
diablo 3 hybrid X-22 (4-pw) 588 (52 degree) (60 degree) redwood putter

I have played the Callaway Tour ti, and the Nike One Tour. Both are great balls. But when ever I buy new balls..... I always pull the trigger on a couple dozen Pro V's.

Pro V1 not durable? I'll play with one until I lose it. I got 32 holes out of a ProV1 this year and lost a beer bet to my buddy who got 44 holes with his ProV1x. I can nip and ball as well as most, and my Vokey doesnt tear them up at all.

I have played the Callaway Tour ti, and the Nike One Tour. Both are great balls. But when ever I buy new balls..... I always pull the trigger on a couple dozen Pro V's.

+1

after today im on 36 with the same pro v1

Pro V1 not durable? I'll play with one until I lose it. I got 32 holes out of a ProV1 this year and lost a beer bet to my buddy who got 44 holes with his ProV1x. I can nip and ball as well as most, and my Vokey doesnt tear them up at all.

+1. I feel exactly the same, I can play a ProV1x until I lose it and a 80 yard wedge with my Vokeys will not tear the cover off even though it spins back about 10 feet. To be honest with you kevinbomb123, everybody has different ideas on how long a ball should last which means that I might be playing a ball that you would have thrown into the shag bag after 9 holes.

Have you tried the Bridgestone TourB330 series? Today I tried a sleeve of Tour B330 RXS and found them to be a decent ball. After nine holes I have a though time distinguishing the ball I played with the other two in the sleeve and if it was not for a couple of groovemarks from a full 54 Vokey the ball would look brand new. It seems like you have tried many balls and have a great idea of which ones you like/dont like. I think you should try out the other ones and see if any of the ones you like last significantly longer than the competitions balls.

The interaction between the club head and the ball will determine how far the ball will go and in which direction. There is a relationship between the speed of the club head and the initial velocity of the ball. This relationship depends on the coefficient of restitution of the ball, which varies between different types of balls. When the ball is struck by the club, it is deformed and flattened by the force of impact (balls with harder cores deform less than softer balls). In general, a harder ball will travel further than a softer ball because it deforms less and will efficiently transfer more energy from club to ball. During the impact between the ball and club head, kinetic energy is transferred and stored as the ball tries to regain its original shape. This coefficient of restitution is quite similar to the restoring force we discussed in class. To obtain maximum distance in the drive, a ball must be selected that maximizes restitution for the club speed. If the chosen ball is too soft for the club speed, too much energy will be spent deforming the ball and not enough energy will be stored in the ball. Similarly, if the ball is too hard for the club speed, then the ball will not deform enough, and again, will not transfer adequate energy.
There are three main elements which, in theory, determine the distance a ball travels. This neglects the effects of wind/air resistance. The distance a ball travels will be determined by the initial speed of the ball, the angle at which it is hit into the air, and any spin that has been imparted on the ball by the club. Good backspin on a ball will cause lift and yield a longer shot, while poor spin may cause the ball to slice to the right or hook to the left. From simple physics we all know that a greater initial velocity and larger initial angle will produce a longer shot, although once your angle gets too large, then your distance will start to decrease again. The optimum angle for a simple trajectory problem to achieve maximum distance is 45 degrees. However, with golf, because of the spin on the ball, air/wind resistance, and other factors, this angle is generally less (for maximum distance) and varies from one situation to another.

• Administrator
If the chosen ball is too soft for the club speed, too much energy will be spent deforming the ball and not enough energy will be stored in the ball. Similarly, if the ball is too hard for the club speed, then the ball will not deform enough, and again, will not transfer adequate energy.

That's not quite right. Within the limits of golf balls we have (and a big margin beyond that) firmer ball will always have a higher ball speed. What it may not have is ideal launch conditions for distance - spin to help keep the ball in the air being chief among them.

Good backspin on a ball will cause lift and yield a longer shot, while poor spin may cause the ball to slice to the right or hook to the left.

Too much "good backspin" will also cause a ball to balloon, robbing the player of distance.

The optimum angle for a simple trajectory problem to achieve maximum distance is 45 degrees. However, with golf, because of the spin on the ball, air/wind resistance, and other factors, this angle is generally less (for maximum distance) and varies from one situation to another.

Yes, it's so much less with a driver it's pointless to mention it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!