IGNORED

Tour Putting Stroke

Black_Black
Note: This thread is 6419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Tour putting stroke would want to have?

• Tiger Woods
    • Brad Faxon
    • Scott Verplank
    • Vijay Singh
    • Jim Furyk
    • Phil Mickelson
    • Ernie Els
    • Sergio Garcia?

If you could have any pro's putting stroke who's would it be?

907D2 9.5 Proforce V2 75 S
906F2 15* Proforce V2 95 S
MD 19* Proforce V2 100 S
735 CM 3-PW DG s400 Vokey 200 53.11*/SM 58.08* DG s300 Scotty C. Studio Design 3.5Balls -

I voted for Verplank. He and Tiger are really close, but Verplank has been a great putter for a long time now and has a really good stroke.

If anyone votes for Garcia they should be shot.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I concur with Dave. I'd go with Scott Verplank's putting stroke. It has withstood the test of time.

Tiger is a great putter, but it's more of his creativity that gets the job done. He can read a green so well.

Sergio might have got a vote or two back in 2000, but not now. I did notice Michelle Wie has a little Sergio-itis with her putting style. She stands over the ball WAY too long.

I concur with Dave. I'd go with Scott Verplank's putting stroke. It has withstood the test of time.

if Michelle could putt I think the Micheles bashers would have little to punt. With regards to putting and Tiger....if I had to bet my house on one of the selected players to make a putt....how can you not say Tiger. Like Jack before him...when it's crunch time Tiger and Jack make it like no others before or since. Since Jack is not on the list...by default it's Tiger.

Well, the topic doesn't ask who the most clutch putter in the world is. It just asks which putting stroke we would take. While Tiger's stroke is obviously solid, his creativity and green-reading is what separates him from the rest.

Scott Verplank's putting stroke is awesome, and it has always been awesome.

If I to bet the house on one putt, I would go with Tiger as well. He is the most clutch putter, but not necessarily the best putter.

Well, the topic doesn't ask who the most clutch putter in the world is. It just asks which putting stroke we would take. While Tiger's stroke is obviously solid, his creativity and green-reading is what separates him from the rest.

granted...but when I'm playing the weekly nassau and I have that 6 footer to win a six hole push on the 18th green...I want Tigers clutch stroke instead of a choke....

For me this question could be "Who's wife on tour....." - the answer would be the same.

Tiger's.

In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Simple- Tiger Woods. Is there any other player on the PGA Tour that when you watch line up a clutch putt, 5 ft, 10 ft, 25 ft whatever you just expect it to go in.

I think his putting sometimes gets lost in all the other amazing things he can do with a golf club but I'd take him over anyone in the world in the history of golf if my life depended on someone making a 15 ft putt.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Ten best putters: Gay, Chopra, Mickelson, Stricker, David Howell, Vaughn Taylor, Shane Bertsch, Todd Fisher, Allenby, Verplank.

Still, I'd take Tiger's stroke. 550 plus putts in a row from around four feet is a stat can only I dream about.

When Sergio came on tour, wasn't putting one of his stronger suits?

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

• Administrator
Ten best putters: Gay, Chopra, Mickelson, Stricker, David Howell, Vaughn Taylor, Shane Bertsch, Todd Fisher, Allenby, Verplank.

His "four feet and in" streak came to an end, though. Still, perhaps one of his most impressive streaks ever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

out of the choices offered, deff tiger.

but i still wish i had ben creshaws putting stroke.

its so smooth and he just looks so "comfortable" over the ball.

the DVD he did with Dave Stockon is in constant rotation at the homestead

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

• 3 weeks later...

Who the hell voted for Sergio ?

His stroke only reappears every two years (Ryder Cup). Not very reliable..

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

Note: This thread is 6419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!