IGNORED

Tiger's Back

saevel25
Note: This thread is 4997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

actually, he's not;
Earl Woods was of mixed African American, Chinese, and Native American ancestry. Kultida, originally from Thailand, is of mixed Thai, Chinese, and Dutch ancestry. This makes Woods himself half Asian (one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter Thai), one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch.
From childhood he was raised as a Buddhist and actively practised this faith from childhood until well into his adult career. At birth, Woods was given 'Eldrick' and 'Tont' as first and middle names. His middle name, Tont , is a traditional Thai name.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday was a true example of why Eldrick Woods is so disliked by so many.

lol. i'm speechless at this comment.

by your standards, all golfers shoud look like robots with no emotions. having no emotions doesn't equate class. don't get that mixed up. I'll take Tiger's mooping and pouting and fist pumping over Davis Love III's blank emotionless face all 18 holes.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

For a start, Tiger was never gone.

He tied for 4th at The Masters, his first competitive round back. Sure, he didn't win, but no one expected him to, and hardly anyone expected him to do as well as he did given the situation.

Then he was cut form Quail Hollow, which wasn't Tiger usual thing. He then withdrew from The Players with a neck injury. A lot of people bagged him for it saying it was bullshit, maybe he did, maybe he didn't, who gives a crap. Would you play 4 days of golf with a bad neck injury?

The Memorial, he played amazing in the skins game, not so much in the tournament, but not bad for possibly having a bad neck still, and with everything else on his mind.

Then the U.S Open. He played amazingly. His Saturday was exceptionally good, his Sunday let him down, but no one played that great Sunday.

Why does the majority of this forum, and the world, CONSTANTLY have to bag on him and point the finger every time he blinks. I would hate to live a life that resembles any of those who base theirs around what Tiger does and doesn't do. He is the best player in the world, and has a different attitude than most golfers. He has high standards and gets pissed off when he doesn't meet them.

Who doesn't? He doesn't just smile and wear it, no one should, people should be annoyed at themselves when they fail to meet their potential, especially with that much money on the line, and especially when you know, like Tiger, that it is well within you to do it. If it was one of us in the U.S open, struggling, then there would be no reason to be pissed off because it's not within our skill set to win, well, none of us at this very moment anyway.

And that's what people get so wrong. They compare their own selves to Tiger. "Why is he pissed off? He has no reason to do this and that, I would never do that". Tiger is not the same as you, so start worrying about your own life and less about his. Because he has one crazy life none of us understand, so leave it to the pro.

It's as bad as hearing girls gossip about celebrities, and most of us are grown men.....it's sad.

The discussion of Tiger always changes from his golf, to his personal life.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

actually, he's not;

Why he aint nuttin but a hound dog!

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

For a start, Tiger was never gone.

Ahh... he's pretty much been gone since the PGA Tour started Drug Testing in 2008... you know, the same week he had his "Knee Problems".

He's historically played in only 30% of the Tourneys anyway... so whats the big deal.

lol. i'm speechless at this comment.

That's because you have the need to be entertained. You probably like watching 'Dancing with the Stars" don't you.

Talent is never boring.

Define 'more liberal' ???? I'm confused.

in a nutshell what i was saying is that in more liberal states in the north and west: CA, ME, NY, NJ, PA where i have travelled extensively are most always more socially segregated. whereas here in the south where states are more conservative: TX, LA, GA, with the exception of AL and MS, socially we are more accepting of other ethnicities. mind you there's still a gap, but i honestly believe it's less to do with racism and more to do with cultural differences.

in a nutshell what i was saying is that in more liberal states in the north and west: CA, ME, NY, NJ, PA where i have travelled extensively are most always more socially segregated. whereas here in the south where states are more conservative: TX, LA, GA, with the exception of AL and MS, socially we are more accepting of other ethnicities. mind you there's still a gap, but i honestly believe it's less to do with racism and more to do with cultural differences.

+1.......

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

Saturday was a true example of why Eldrick Woods is so disliked by so many.

When exactly was he cursing and what did he say? I have the round on DVR.

Ahh... he's pretty much been gone since the PGA Tour started Drug Testing in 2008... you know, the same week he had his "Knee Problems".

Yeah, his 2009 season was so lousy. Only won PGA tour Player of the Year by winning tournaments. I love how you put knee problems in quotes, as far as insinuating that he faked his injury. You are incapable at showing any form empirical evidence to back your insinuation. Sounds like to me that you just heavily dislike the guy and will say this stuff even though it makes you look foolish.

Frobenius your 2009 would have been lousy too if you were chasing anything and everything wearing a skirt and leaving your A game in the hotel room. LOL! Tiger proved what so many other "atheletes" in recent years have proved. You give some of these guys a little money a little fame and they can't handle it.
As for Tiger's antics on the course, he should have more class than to drop an F bomb after every bad shot, but if his philandering ways have proved anything at all to us in the Ol' Bunker here, he has no class in his private life and know it's showing in his professional life as well. It's ok to get fired up when things are going good, but the truly great golfers, Nicklaus, Watson, Trevino, Hogan, Snead, Palmer kept their cool after hitting MOST of their bad shots knowing that in golf, you're going to hit some. It's how you respond to it and manage not to compound the problem that will allow you to grind out a victory against adversity.

In my OU Bag: Driver 9.5 Neutral Fujikura Motore Stiff
3 Wood Big Bertha
Hybrid 21 degree
Irons Big Bertha 08 Model
Wedges 60 degreeFlatstick Original Answer Winn Midsize Grip Rock Pro V 1 Black"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife...

As for Tiger's antics on the course, he should have more class than to drop an F bomb

You mean like Ernie Els, who was recorded at least twice saying that after shots on Sunday? Get off your high horse. I've always found the first people to villify public figures who make mistakes are those who have plenty of skeletons in their closet. Some of the comments in this thread are the height of ignorance, especially the 'knee surgery' insinuation.

Tigers Back? Sorry, that wasn't the Tiger of old Sunday.

You mean the Tiger of old who hasn't ever won a major when starting the round without the lead?

S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

Frobenius your 2009 would have been lousy too if you were chasing anything and everything wearing a skirt and leaving your A game in the hotel room. LOL! Tiger proved what so many other "atheletes" in recent years have proved. You give some of these guys a little money a little fame and they can't handle it.

John Daly once said something along the lines of...everybody cusses like a sailor on the course but Tiger just has 20 mic's on him at all times.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

John Daly once said something along the lines of...everybody cusses like a sailor on the course but Tiger just has 20 mic's on him at all times.

Exactly, and if any player swears, what player will they choose to focus on, publish and judge?....Tiger of course

What player do most people like to bash for anything and everything? Tiger So when he swears ( like most players out there ), people jump on the oppurtunity to berate him

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Mayby its payback for the way Tiger elects to treat everyone around him. He's a jerk to the fans andthe media. I dont care if he wins 30 majors, he will never be in the same group as Jack, Player, Arnie, or Watson. Those guys showed more class in losing than Tiger ever has in winning. Tiger has to walk the same gauntlet that Jack and every other great player has with the media, but he chooses to act like a selfish punk. He acts like he's the only player thats ever been put under a microscope. Total jerk!!

Mayby its payback for the way Tiger elects to treat everyone around him. He's a jerk to the fans andthe media. I dont care if he wins 30 majors, he will never be in the same group as Jack, Player, Arnie, or Watson. Those guys showed more class in losing than Tiger ever has in winning. Tiger has to walk the same gauntlet that Jack and every other great player has with the media, but he chooses to act like a selfish punk. he acts like he's the only player thats ever been put under a microscope.

He is the only player that has been put under a microscope.

Think about all the people that are watching his every move. the media are always following him. Jack had it easy.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

He is the only player that has been put under a microscope.

Ever see Jordan act that way? ............. Jeter? Ripken? Magic?

Ever see Phil shut off the media for calling him a choker before he finally won a major?........ No, he showed humility and even made fun of himself. Ever see Phil, Jack, Arnie, Player, Trevino or Watson...... throw thier caddy under the bus in the media about a wrong club? Tiger is is great player, but a real shit head to his family, press, business associates, and the fans.

Ever see Jordan act that way? ............. Jeter? Ripken? Magic?

Ah yes actually I remember Jordan dunked on Anthony Mason then yelled "Yeah! Yeah! •••• yeah!" whilst fist pumping away. Jordan was probably a huge factor in Woods downfall. Not to mention he punched fellow teammate Steve Kerr in the face.

Jeter is one hell of a womaniser and has probably banged more woman than Tiger. Magic loved his orgies too. Kudos to them, I don't care. No matter what this man does you haters will misinterpret everything negative anyway. He says the usual cliches in interviews, "The man is such a phony! He's never honest!" When he's more emotionally expressive, "The man is so arrogant! He should smile more! And kiss all the babies!" Woods backed Williams when he called Mickleson "A prick" other caddies would of been sacked for that. PLEASE. Don't like him, don't ever watch him. As a fan Tiger doesn't owe me shit. Just win.

Note: This thread is 4997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!