IGNORED

Titleist 910 Woods & Hybrids

Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I dont understand the move. Titliest could have continued with the 909 series unchanged for several more years. I dont know why they would want to phase out such a successful line of clubs. Its like something Taylormade would do.

It is pretty obvious that adjustability, rightly or wrongly, is going to play a big part in the future of fairway metals, hybrids and drivers. You can't blame Titleist for wanting its customers to have these options. As for the predictable snipe at TaylorMade, it works for them, obviously,or they wouldn't do it. No one is being forced to upgrade everytime they deliver a new club to market soon after another. If people are worried about the value of their present club declining, they are focusing on the wrong things.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the need of these adjustability ..... of course people might think this is better, but most average and even low cappers, don't have a solid repeatable driver swing, so why bother about an optimal loft, lie, face angle ..... I feel for most of us .... it is not going to make much of a difference, apart from spending $400+ on a new driver.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

You can probably get last year's models cheaper than that. Ive seen brand new sets of 09' AP2's going for under $500.

Just a warning to everyone out there to buy from a reputable vendor. Our local golf shop had a guy come in after purchasing a brand new set of AP2's online for $499 only to find out the clubs were counterfeit. Under $500 seems "too good to be true" for a new set. Then again maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

In my BagBoy Clip-Lok bag:

Driver: Titleist 909 D2
3 Wood: Callaway X tour (alternates with 2H hybrid depending on the course)
Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21 degreeIrons: Titleist AP2 4-PW, PX 5.5 flighted shaftWedges: Titleist Spin Milled 52 degree, Taylor Made Rac Black TP 56 and 60 deg.Putter:...

• Administrator
I don't understand the need of these adjustability ..... of course people might think this is better, but most average and even low cappers, don't have a solid repeatable driver swing, so why bother about an optimal loft, lie, face angle ..... I feel for most of us .... it is not going to make much of a difference, apart from spending $400+ on a new driver.

You'd be surprised at how "repeatable" the swings are of even a 20 handicapper. You can put them on video and see the same things, time and time again.

And the idea behind adjustability, again, is to aid clubfitters in delivering a club that's best fit for the player. Fitting is important, regardless of your handicap level. Now, should a 20 handicapper be playing a Titleist driver, fairway, or hybrid? Perhaps not. But fitting is and always has been important.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree as long as the fitting is in the hands of a good fitter, but finding out by the amateur by trial and error isn't a good thought.

There are no 20 HC players whit such a good swing , or they are 24 last week, 20 today, 17 next week, 10 in a month.......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

OK, here's the skinny. I was wrong about SureFit earlier. The drivers, fairways, and hybrids all have the same feature.

Any word on what the stock shafts will be? One of those clubs looks to have the R.I.P. which would be sweet. Very interesting about the adjustability, I guess thats just where the market is going. I actually did mess with my R9 3 wood when i first got it a little bit, but it's been over a year and I haven't touched it since I found the right setting. Another thing I wonder is if they'll do uniform shaft graphics like TM, Titleist has always put the shaft logos down and if you're spinning the shaft around to find the right setting the shaft logo won't be facing down...........not that it matters. I was just curious.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

• Administrator

See the third image at the bottom: you can see the TWO sleeves, each of which has four settings, so you can adjust 16 positions.

They had these at the National Club Pro tournament in French Lick and I got a chance to check them out.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They had these at the National Club Pro tournament in French Lick and I got a chance to check them out.

Did you get to hit them? How were they?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
Did you get to hit them? How were they?

Nobody got a chance to hit them. I'm sure they're incrementally better - the crown's a bit thinner and there's a bit of an insert behind the face or something - but they're basically the 909 + small tweaks + adjustability.

• 1 month later...
My apologies if this has been discussed. This site is fantastic, but there's a mighty lot to cover, and I haven't been at it long.

But I've seen it mentioned that Titleist is planning to introduce a new line of drivers this fall. Is this just rumor, or based on good information?

Anything new on this, and any links that give more information?

Thanks.

Edit: Great posts. Answers lots of questions. Apologies again for not finding it sooner, but more evidence that this is the best site I've ever found for golf information, and that's based only on my interest in the equipment section.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I've been pondering switching to a Titleist Driver and Fairway. The fact that the 909s should start being marked down might seal it for me.

The 910 looks sweet - but I dont need screws and all kinds of weird sh*t. I just want a driver that fits me and that I dont' have to do stuff in my swing to adjust to/compensate for. If they make one without screws, though....I dunno...I might have to explain a $400 driver purchase to my wife

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

• 4 weeks later...

Got this in my inbox today. Handsome looking... remind me of TM R9's.

http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist...d-hybrids.aspx

Driver: Cobra AMP 10.5* w/ orange Diamana Whiteboard, 3 Wood: TourEdge Exotics Trilogy 15*
Hybrid : TourEdge Exotics Trilogy 3I
Irons: Mizuno JPX800PRO 5-GW
Wedges: Vokey SM 56*, 64*, Cobra Big Trusty Rusty 55*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S 43"

They sweet, saw pics of them a few months back. The driver is even more beastly.

I cant wait for the new nike iron combo. Basically has cb's that looks like titleist. MB, like mizunos, and then basically the old blade with new logos.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Black club faces get me every time.

In my bag:

I can't wait for these to come out so I can snatch up a 909D2 on sale.

I just got a 909F2 and I'm bombing that f**ker like there's no tomorrow. I ripped a 275 yard drive with it yesterday. A 3-wood + 5-iron into a par 5. Can't ask for much more. Whoever said that the F2 is difficult to hit off the tee must have been doing something wrong. Whew buddy!

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!