IGNORED

Your least favorite playing conditions?

double_j
Note:Β This thread is 5062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I will be honest, you all complain too much. Playing golf, regardless of the conditions, is always a good time. I will play in any conditions as long as there is no snow on the ground and the course is open. I hear shuffleboard is a nice sport to play in the heat and in the rain.

Bah. I hear that shuffleboard has been taken over by riffraff. With their flashy canes, hopped up Lil Rascals and blingy medicalert bracelets...

I don't disagree - a horrible day of golf is still usually better than a good day doing most everything else. Still, it would be nice if we all had weather like San Diego.

i hate playing in cold weather. as long as it's warm, i can put up with just about anything. and OP, you need to come down south and find out how good you really have it. 90* in the middle of the summer down here is a cold front.

Well in FL, I dont mind playing in 100+, as long as there is a breeze and cart girl is quick around 18. I really dont like playing when it starts raining for 15 mins, then goes into steamer mode and the humidity basically soaks you with heat, but IM still gonna play. We had a record winter here and didnt mind waiting in the club house until it hit 32* to go out and play. Wind is never really bad unless your playing by the beach. Its just the humidity that kills me. Last weekend I lost close to 7lbs of water sweating, and I was drinking at least a liter of water every 3 holes. Ill play in every kind of weather, except lightning.

yea Florida has that humid hot heat, go more west like arizona and its the hot dry heat which is much more bearable.

As long as it's above 35F, I don;t mind playing. In the rain, however, I always seem to hit it fat. I hate that!

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

#1 least favorite for me is cold, rain, and windy. I can do cold, I can do rain, I can do wind, but not any two of the three together.

#2 least favorite is the hard, sustained wind. When you can't stand still becuase the wind is making your body move over the ball, it is too windy.

I don't mind the heat and humidity one bit. I am playing Thursday-Sunday this week. 18 each day except for 36 on Saturday. Forecast for low to mid 90s with humidity each day. It won't give me any physical or golf related problems. I actually like it in the summer around here because of the lack of sustained rain, the fairways stay hard and the drives will roll forever. Of course I have lived in this climate my whole life and after that many years you get used to it and figure out ways to beat the heat.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

i hate playing in cold weather. as long as it's warm, i can put up with just about anything. and OP, you need to come down south and find out how good you really have it. 90* in the middle of the summer down here is a cold front.

It's not the heat per se, it's the humidity. You guys get it some in Dallas but the east coast tends to be humidity central! I will say that I'll take NJ summers over Florida's any day. They get the same humidity but like 10 degrees hotter.

It's not the heat per se, it's the humidity. You guys get it some in Dallas but the east coast tends to be humidity central! I will say that I'll take NJ summers over Florida's any day. They get the same humidity but like 10 degrees hotter.

i don't know where people get this idea that dallas is dry. it's not houston, but it's definitely more humid than the east coast. i've been all up and down the east coast and dallas is definitely worse. with the exception of perhaps atlanta.

I love the heat, the ball goes further! I hate the cold!

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

I dont like a downpour.
I don't mind the heat or cold.
I could do without the super high humidity.

I enjoy playing in windy conditions.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

As if I wasn't bad enough, a soggy course really screws up my ballstriking. I'd rather play in the heat or cold, as long as it's dry.

That's my response as well. When I miss, it's usually a bit fat so a soggy course just kills my game.

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver:Β ping.gifΒ G15 9* Fairway:Β ping.gifΒ 4-woodΒ Β Hybrids:Β 4,5 Β taylormade.gifΒ Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:Β Β ping.gifΒ G15 5-PW Wedges:Β titleist.gifΒ Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:Β Β odyssey.gifΒ 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:Β Β titleist.gifΒ Dt So/Lo or NXT TourΒ  Bag: Β taylormade.gifΒ Catalina clicgear.gif

Wet conditions are the toughest for me, my misses with my irons are usually fat shots and wet conditions make the ball sit down more, making it ever easier to hit them fat. Ill lift, clean and place if theres mud in the fairway. Excessive wind(15 mph+) makes for a less than fun day as well. Hot and humid make it less comfortable but it was very hot last sunday when i played and I actually did pretty good and it scares a lot of people off so the courses arent nearly as crowded, much like cold weather does too. I only played 9 holes around midday(meant to start a bit earlier) but I felt drained the rest of the day because of the heat. I think the heat index was right around 110 when we finished. In excessive heat, I hate dealing with sweat running down into my eyes and on my glasses and my hands and grips get all sweaty and have trouble gripping the club(I dont use a glove) I guess ideal conditions would be nice but if we waited for those, we'd play about 5 times a year. Have to deal with less than ideal condtions or just never play.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14Β°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20Β°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23Β°5h-warrior golf tcp 26Β° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56Β° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

i'm used to rain. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. I think I've played more golf in rain than sunny days. I've played golf in just above freezing temperature in rain. high school Golf season in Oregon is spring time, which means winter tmie is training time. I don't mind the rain at all as long as I'm not hitting out of puddles and loads of mud.

now what I can't stand is the heat. dry, humid, doesnt matter...i can't stand the heat. Last year, Seattle had 100+ weather and I wanted to die. I'm not built for this kind of heat. high60's - mid 70's is perfect for me.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Todays conditions SUCK! Its 98 and humid out. But i'm still gonna tough it out and golf after I get out of work.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

I can deal with either of these three on their own and be fine: Rain, Wind, or Cold. Put either of them together though and I'm miserable.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

As a hacker from the south, I'd usually say the heat and humidity. But to me it is trying to play when cold and wet.
Heat you can deal with and do things to help.
The cold, not so much, sure you can add layers but that only adds stokes since you can't play smooth, at least I can't lol

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

Β 

I like playing in the rain - in fact, several of my best rounds have been in heavy rain. Just give me some rain gloves - I don't care how soaked I get, I can still grip the club.

I hate playing in the wind. I seem to lose my swing pretty quickly on really windy days, I'm not good at hitting knock-down shots and generally I prefer to stay home than try to fight it.

Bring on the heat, but the constant wind drives me crazy. A consistent wind of 15mph plus wears me out!

Speedline 9032 9.5* Aldila Voodoo RNV6 Shaft
Exotics XCG 15* Fairway
AD Hybrids, 17* / 21* / 24* Aldila NVR
CG7 Black Pearl 6-PW, 1* Strong 2* Up
CG15 Wedges, 52-10* / 56-10* / 60-12* DSG 33.5" Rossa Monza Ghost Pro V1, Penta TP 1600 Tournament EditionHome Club: Stone Creek Golf Club,...

Heavy rain's the only thing that scares me away. I've played rounds here in the Northwest when it's 20 degrees and lightly snowing with winds and had a great time. Light rain is okay but when it's really pouring down..... nah get out of here I ain't tryin to be all wet.

Fore!

Note:Β This thread is 5062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!