IGNORED

New from KY

oneoverwrx
Note: This thread is 5037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It is really the only way with my swing i can get the ball to do what i want. I really go after it and it works for me. Even on off center hits i still carry the ball 250ish. The one thing i dislike about the way i do this is i tend to hit the ball very high. I have recently been working on keeping the ball down when i need to and it seems to be a simple follow through adjustment.

How was your contact and ball flight when the teacher changed your ball position? Or did he?

We should all have a little thesandtrap.com KY outing sometime. Seems to be a lot of us on here.

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW
54.10 and 60.4 wedges Whitehot XG #9 Putter

We should all have a little thesandtrap.com KY outing sometime. Seems to be a lot of us on here.

I'd be game, guess we have to meet in the middle since we have people stretched from the eastern side to the western side but I bet we could pull it off

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

How was your contact and ball flight when the teacher changed your ball position? Or did he?

It was actually great. Slight draw 3-4 yds. Great distance and less effort. Contact is always pretty good redardless of any condition. However...when i got on course i hit my first tee shot bad and my head was getting the best of me. I honestly think i would rather be comfortable and work it out on my own. Even if it take a season or two. This year I have already dropped 10 strokes off my average on my own and i am shooting better every time out.

Played today and i am right back on track. Shot a 76 and can pick out 6 strokes that were easily avoidable. quick example...hole 1 is a 485 yd par 5, good drive, 6 iron just off the right side of the green. didnt take my time on my chip...was thinking easy birdie. Tried flopping it up close as i have been working on flopping shots flying the ball really close with very little roll out. Well i hit it thin and it scoots across the green goes about a foot off the fringe...now a down hill chip from 35 feet. Leave myself a 12 footer...mad at myself i leave my put a foot short tap in for bogey...but get back on track shoot 39 on the front and 37 on the back. I am going to see Jason again on thursday probably try everything again and see what happens. As far as a ky sandtrap member get together. Im down as long as it a reasonable location.

Gibson Bay Golf Course

i vote gibson bay!

Bag: Ascend Deluxe Stand Bag
Driver:Burner Superfast 9.5* Stiff
Irons:G5 4-pw awt stiff
3 Wood:X tour stiff fujikura tour platform 26.3
Hybrid:18* Flihi stiff, Burner rescue 19*Putter::Bettinardi C-01Wedges:CG12 52* Black Nickel 56* 60*Ball:Pro V1

I'd be fine with almost anywhere but I'm in Louisville so I'm pretty dead center.

I was thinking that if we were looking for a mid point, E-town or BG might be best when you consider Paducah to Ashland, etc.

But I'm itching to play some of those Lex courses.

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW
54.10 and 60.4 wedges Whitehot XG #9 Putter

Hey guys......I'm from Frankfort......grew up playing Juniper Hills.

I now live in Wesley Chapel, FL (since 1987) where I can play every week. I run a game at Pebble Creek in Tampa (8 miles from my house). We average about 30 guys each week with about 60 guys total.

In 1998 I shattered my left wrist....Dr said no more bicycle racing or golf....I convinced him to redo my left wrist as it was one inch shorter than my right, so He took an inch from my hip and put it in my left wrist....4 surgeries over two years....started playing again in 2000, as a high hadicapper. Got stronger over time and got to a bogey golfer.

Bought the new Powerbilt nitrogen driver and irons in March....and my handicap has plummeted from 21 to 14!

Today, I shot 77!...WOW! I just couldn't believe it!...My game may now have a chance to return to the 10 Handicap I held when I was in my 30's......59 yrs old now.

Anyway, we all have stories to tell and this us a terrific Forum.....

As a Kentuckian, I hold my head high and play my best.

im good with anywhere in lexington or richmond. However this weekend there is a tournament at gibson bay. It is an egolf amateur tour tournament at gibson saturday and sunday. I am actually playing in it, it will be my first tournament.

Gibson Bay Golf Course

im good with anywhere in lexington or richmond. However this weekend there is a tournament at gibson bay. It is an egolf amateur tour tournament at gibson saturday and sunday. I am actually playing in it, it will be my first tournament.

Really? I'm pretty sure my buddy made a tee time for 8:40 at The Bay on Sunday... Maybe the tournament is later in the day?

Richmond, KY here, too!

As for the egolf tourney..I don't think they tee off until noon..usually a two hour block from noon til about 2:30 roughly.

Good luck on the swing changes...Jason is a pretty cool guy that loves to teach the game. Gibson Bay is where I spend 99% of my time playing..love it out there. If you're ever a single or want someone to play a round with..shoot me a message on here and if I'm available, I'm game.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Yes you are correct. We tee off from 12-2. This being my first tourney i was under the impression that the course would be closed...pardon the ignorance.

Paradox, sounds good. I have been looking for someone to play on tuesdays with me. Its not easy to get 18 in with leagues going off but 9 is always easy. Whats your name, there is a chance i have seen you out there as i am there atleast twice a week.

Gibson Bay Golf Course

my name is Ken. I play at any given time so who knows if we've ever been around at the same time. Bout the closest thing I can say to giving me away is that I have blue UK headcovers(like that isn't common around here, lol)

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

...Bought the new Powerbilt nitrogen driver and irons in March....and my handicap has plummeted from 21 to 14!

Couple of buddies and me hit the drivers and irons at a demo day. Woods were nice, just too closed at set up. Irons were SICK. At least 1 club longer than my TM's. We tried to hit them bad and couldn't miss them...and I'm not that good.

Really cool to see so many KY folks on here. BTW, anyone played Olde Stone? Heard it's the premiere track in the state now...

Irons were SICK. At least 1 club longer than my TM's.

Probably stronger lofts...

BTW, anyone played Olde Stone? Heard it's the premiere track in the state now...

No, not yet, but hope too soon. I've been out there and it does look spectacular. I've played Valhalla and it was absolutely amazing, so if Olde Stone is better, I can't wrap my brain around what that would be like. I've also heard Olde Stone is more difficult than Valhalla. The guy that works on my clubs was talking to a member of both Valhalla and Olde Stone and said he's a 2 at Valhalla and is lucky to break 80 at Olde Stone. Who knows for sure though? Have to take those things with a grain of salt because everyone's game is different and people play different tees, have courses that setup better for their game, etc. I can tell you though, from 7600 yards, Valhalla is a beast.

Valhalla is fantastic! Olde Stone ran some good specials for lodging and golf last year. Stay in a cottage on property, cook your own breakfast, you could do it affordably. Not sure if they are doing it again, but I hope so. Check their website!

Note: This thread is 5037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!