IGNORED

Why Do People Think Golf Is Easy?

adamgoodman

On 1/14/2022 at 7:18 PM, Shorty said:

The most annoying thing about his story was that when he made up this BS 2.6 index crap, he was on all these TV shows and did interviews where the people talking to him essentially thought he was only 2 shots a round worse than a pro. 

I mean just think...only 2 shots a round worse than Jon Rahm. Amazing.

I don't think he broke 90 in any of the "tournaments" he played in when he claimed to be off 6 or something.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

I followed some copycats afterwards and they fizzled out as well. I guess there are some still doing some variant of this, I think Erik mentioned the road to scratch or something but remember he had a disagreement w/some of the instruction. I don't think I've ever seen anyone who  documented or documenting a newbie to competent golfer do it "right". There was the guy Erik posted who went from 2 or 3 to scratch or better, but that's someone who's already highly accomplished.

I suspect lots of people got better with good instruction undocumented, locked away in instructor video archives and lesson videos. I just think it would be cool to see the progression of someone who did it right or at least well, made all the right moves in terms of instructor, practice, playing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

People think golf is easy for one of two reasons:  either they haven't played or they have.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Piz said:

People think golf is easy for one of two reasons:  either they haven't played or they have.  

Among those who have played only Jon Rahm thinks golf is easy...