IGNORED

LeBron James.......

nike_golf
Note: This thread is 5049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I cant even comment on this.

Yeah...can't imagine what you're going through. By the way, you know Cleveland Golf isn't based on the city of Cleveland at all, right?

Anyway, I think the whole process was absymal, a disaster, one of the worst ways LeBron could've done it... But overall, I think it is a good move. He's taking on less money to win. The fact that Miami doesn't have any depth won't be that big, or at least not as big as most people think it will be. LeBron took a starting lineup of Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic and Drew Gooden to the Finals. All 3 of those guys could be out of the league before next season.. The team is going to be unbelievable and for sure, they have a shot of being one of the all time greatest teams (and they're together for 6 years...). Just imagine, Wade/LeBron, being premier defenders, Wade/LeBron on the break with Bosh, a big man that runs the floor well...Wade/LeBron playing off the ball, creating for each other, tossing alley-oops to each other regularly? It's going to be Showtime, all over again.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the open honest reaction from the Cavs owner. All the sugar coated Lebron-lovin' BS ESPN tries to shove down our throats is annoying. At least ESPN showed a little sack last night when they mentioned that LJ is not the leagues #1 villian! Go anybody but the Heat!

I think he made himself look like a child that didn't get the toy he wanted. I could almost bet you that if Jerry Buss called Gilbert and said let's trade franchises and you come to LA, Gilbert would be all over that like white on rice so I don't want to hear his cry baby act for LeBron leaving.

But I very much agree that the league would have been better off had all three of these guys not went to the same place. But don't count out the Celtics either!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

But overall, I think it is a good move. He's taking on less money to win.

He's taking less SALARY. I don't believe for a second that he thinks he's taking on less money. He makes most of his money from endorsements (thanks Nike). Any money he's giving up in salary he believes he will make back in endorsements if they win or he wouldn't sign for less money. ESPN (aka LJ's love monkey) tried to spout that crap too!

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

He's taking less SALARY. I don't believe for a second that he thinks he's taking on less money. He makes most of his money from endorsements (thanks Nike). Any money he's giving up in salary he believes he will make back in endorsements if they win or he wouldn't sign for less money. ESPN (aka LJ's love monkey) tried to spout that crap too!

He's going to make less, there's no question. His endorsement deals are not as big as say, Tiger's. He made $27 or $28 million last year, $14-$15 million of that was from his NBA Salary. #1) He's going to make less by just switching teams (Cleveland can offer him more) and #2) Miami doesn't have the space to sign him to a maximum deal, so he's taking less than the max...

By the way, you know Cleveland Golf isn't based on the city of Cleveland at all, right?

I know it is in Cali.

And all 3 of them CAN make the max, since they just traded besley

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

He's going to make less, there's no question. His endorsement deals are not as big as say, Tiger's. He made $27 or $28 million last year, $14-$15 million of that was from his NBA Salary. #1) He's going to make less by just switching teams (Cleveland can offer him more) and #2) Miami doesn't have the space to sign him to a maximum deal, so he's taking less than the max...

He won't necessarily make less because of the tax difference between Cleveland and Miami. Don't let that "taking less salary" make you think that he is really getting paid that much less. On paper it will be fairly close. Not to mention the added benefits of Miami and south beach and parties and probably having more fan base there that are willing to spend more money for Lebron merchandise.

Bryan A

I dont know if Miami will be an awesome team to be honest. They have done this many times by hiring all these stars for their team and al star coaches and they end up not winning a championship. Hello? Shaq and wade

2007 roster
wade
shaq
williams
mourning
hardaway
marion

I dont know if Miami will be an awesome team to be honest. They have done this many times by hiring all these stars for their team and al star coaches and they end up not winning a championship. Hello? Shaq and wade

I think it will just come down to who Miami surrounds these three guys with. I think they still have like 7 roster spots to fill. Top 3 in their conference probably...Orlando, Boston, and Miami maybe top 3

Bryan A

well when you put too many top stars together it doesnt seem to work like it should, history has shown this. Its when you have solid good players surounding a star that is in a leader role that you get results.

well when you put too many top stars together it doesnt seem to work like it should, history has shown this. Its when you have solid good players surounding a star that is in a leader role that you get results.

Are the Bulls of the old days an exception to this rule?

Bryan A

yes because Jordan was always the leader in a very solid way.

But he had a team of stars backing him up. No one man will take a team to a championship without his other teammates, IMO

Bryan A

He won't necessarily make less because of the tax difference between Cleveland and Miami. Don't let that "taking less salary" make you think that he is really getting paid that much less. On paper it will be fairly close. Not to mention the added benefits of Miami and south beach and parties and probably having more fan base there that are willing to spend more money for Lebron merchandise.

Can you say, appearance fees?

I think it will just come down to who Miami surrounds these three guys with. I think they still have like 7 roster spots to fill. Top 3 in their conference probably...Orlando, Boston, and Miami maybe top 3

Don't count out Atlanta. Last year (as a Celtics fan) they scared me more that the Cavs and the Magic. They aren't really moving forward this year, but for them, with all those young guys, staying the same might not be that bad. And the Celtics need a big man, Perkins will likely miss some time with the injury he suffered in game 6. O'Neal can't play center for them, he is a PF.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Don't count out Atlanta. Last year (as a Celtics fan) they scared me more that the Cavs and the Magic. They aren't really moving forward this year, but for them, with all those young guys, staying the same might not be that bad. And the Celtics need a big man, Perkins will likely miss some time with the injury he suffered in game 6. O'Neal can't play center for them, he is a PF.

Yeah, Atlanta too....you are right. I am by NO means saying that this move will make Miami the best team or anything like that...but I do think that he will have a better chance of winning a title now. But that is just my opinion....and you know what they say about opinions...

Bryan A

Lebron has bought a ring and has only damaged his legacy among the greats of the game. Could you imagine Jordan just quitting on his team and calling up Barkley and Patrick Ewing to form a super team?

Good on them for cutting their salaries for the greater good, but when you're earning over $100 million from endorsements that decision gets easier. Lebron wasn't playing for New Jersey here, he was on a team that finished on top in the last two seasons. They were missing just one superstar to be REAL title contenders. What's wack is apparently this plan was made as far back as the 2008 Olympics... These guys will win multiple championships, D.Wade will do whatever is necessary for the greater good of the team. But those championships will be bitter sweet.

Shaq and Wade did win a championship...

and that teams pales in comparison to this new big three. You have arguably the two best players in the league playing together in the one team... What's the bet Shaq is gonna come crawling back to Miami?

Lebron has bought a ring and has only damaged his legacy among the greats of the game. Could you imagine Jordan just quitting on his team and calling up Barkley and Patrick Ewing to form a super team?

See I don't agree with this at all. His legacy is not damaged. If he wins a ring next year, he will look like a genius. If that's all that Cleveland needed, then why haven't they gotten him that person? Cleveland did nothing to help themselves and Lebron obviously got tired of it. He made a good decision and it will pay off. Cleveland will be nothing without Lebron and that is why Gilbert is so upset.

His legacy would have been damaged had he played for Cleveland for 20 years and never won a ring. You are nothing in the NBA without a ring.

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 5049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!