IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I play alot as a single so mine would be slow play. If you want to play slow, fine, but let me play through. Another pet peeve is non golf related. People who dont use couldnt care less. How often do you hear someone say I could care less? Really? So if you could care less, why are you telling me? Its I couldnt care less. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Driver - Speedline Fast 10: 10.5 Matrix HD Stiff
Woods - Big Bertha 5 wood
R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW
Wedges - X Forged 50, 54, 58 Vokey Spin Milled 64Ball - Tour i Gamer V2

All good points. However no one mentioned the guy in the group in front of you who is waiting for the green to clear when he needs to carry the ball 250 yards and he hasn't hit a ball that far all day including has tee shot. When he finally does play his shot he tops it.

but can anyone honestly say they've never been THAT GUY?

My current peeve is only pseudo golf related. It's people on golf discussion forums adding random apostrophes to every word that ends in the letter "s". The apostrophe is possessive. It's "Trees", not "Tree's". "Irons", not "Iron's". "Blades", not "Blade's". Call me a grammar nazi or whatever you want, but it's embarrassing to me as an English speaker, and it makes it hard for me to take someone seriously.

I play alot as a single so mine would be slow play. If you want to play slow, fine, but let me play through. Another pet peeve is non golf related. People who dont use couldnt care less. How often do you hear someone say I could care less? Really? So if you could care less, why are you telling me? Its I couldnt care less. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Mine is people too lazy to use apostrophes.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

you mean full stops?

apostrophes are these '

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Dang it, well atleast I didn't upset max power.

Driver - Speedline Fast 10: 10.5 Matrix HD Stiff
Woods - Big Bertha 5 wood
R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW
Wedges - X Forged 50, 54, 58 Vokey Spin Milled 64Ball - Tour i Gamer V2

you mean full stops?

I am not quite sure what you are talking about. I know what an apostrophe is.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Golfers who have an excuse for everything.

"Oh, I hit it perfect, it just sliced 50 yards right and landed 75 yards short. Wind must have taken it."

ROFLMAO!!!

Touche!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

The apostrophe is possessive.

Except when it's used in a contraction, like it's (it is) or that's (that is).

My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Yeah-I didn't(*) want to conduct a full scale grammar lesson, but you're(*) absolutely right.

The apostrophe is possessive - even look at his stuff and he'll bite you!!

Regarding grammar on the internet, I could probably care less. If I cared a bit less, I wouldn't feel the urge to comment.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

People who track sand all over the green after a bunker shot. Just knock that off your spikes already! I don't want to have to putt through your sandy footprints.

What's in my Micro Lite Bag:

Driver: RocketBallz Tour 9
3 Wood: V Steel 15 degree
3-PW: 762 DCIGW: CG 12 52 degree

SW/LW: spin milled 56/11, 60/7

Putter: 2 Ball 35"

I don't like it when someone hits into you.

I hit into some guys on a par-5 last month. I put my ball on the tee and was talking to my partner then just walked up to my ball and hit it flush and sent it about 290 yards. I just lost my train of thought i guess. My partner said "YOU JUST HIT INTO THOSY GUYS!!" I'm 50 years old and they were in their 30s so I was hoping I wasn't going to get a beat down.
I drove straight to them and apologized.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

I don't like it when someone hits into you.

I did that earlier this year, and felt like an a**. I knew it was a short par 4, and they were on the green. I asked my friend to tell me the distance from the card and he said "360". I murdered my drive and saw the ball bounce up onto the green and I was mortified. I grabbed the card and saw that my friend read the wrong hole, it was only 305 or 310. I also drove straight up and apologized.

Man, I just took up golf but I've been reading so many threads where it seems folks do things specifically designed to provoke a physical confrontation, possibly hurt someone else, or just generally act like high school kids that I am feeling like this was the wrong sport to hope to find relaxation, fun, and commeradie doing!

Then join a Ladies Bridge Club. :)

I did that earlier this year, and felt like an a**. I knew it was a short par 4, and they were on the green. I asked my friend to tell me the distance from the card and he said "360". I murdered my drive and saw the ball bounce up onto the green and I was mortified. I grabbed the card and saw that my friend read the wrong hole, it was only 305 or 310. I also drove straight up and apologized.

That happened to me too. It was a 300 yard (slight dogleg, so not measured straight to the green) hole and I flew it onto the green and missed a guy by mere feet. I was maybe more mad at myself than he was at me.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!