IGNORED

My Swing (adamgoodman)

adamgoodman
Note: This thread is 2368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yep... I'm one of those many whose swing feels like it looks perfect, then when I get it on tape it makes me want to throw up. Slowed it down a little bit to get a better view.

Please note my sophisticated choice of golf attire.

Since your swing looks 1/2 decent in that getup (Dumbledore's trousers and Scotty Pippen's shirt) then it probably is perfect. Well done!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Not much to say. It is a good swing. Terrible outfit. And interesting choice of driving range.

Only thing I see that is worth working on is keeping your head still and staying centered over the ball.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

You have a nice swing. Only thing I see is your front arm flexes a bit on the backswing and you might be able to use some more wrist cock.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

I figure if I don't go in film the second I think about it, I'm going to forget!

My outfit is the best part. I look like I belong on the cover of GQ.

Head still and arm straight. Noted. Thanks!

the only thing i can see that you could change is not turning your hands open in the takeaway, which could lead to timing issues. but other than that looks really good.

btw, your head and arm are fine. you're never going to completely keep your head static, just try not to move it back and forth. and your arm isn't bending enough to matter, just look at freddie couples' swing.

the only thing i can see that you could change is not turning your hands open in the takeaway, which could lead to timing issues. but other than that looks really good.

Turning my hands open on the takeaway... Could you explain that a little more? If I'm on the same page with what you're saying, I think that might just be on to something.

Given your HI vs. mine....I'm probably not qualified to rate your swing....

One question, are you standing on a slope or is the camera not level? It looks like the ball is below your feet.

FWIW, I think your swing looks fine to me!
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

Given your HI vs. mine....I'm probably not qualified to rate your swing....

Both actually. My yard slopes towards the right [relatively] and my camera fits crooked on the tripod. :P

Turning my hands open on the takeaway... Could you explain that a little more? If I'm on the same page with what you're saying, I think that might just be on to something.

in your backswing, you're fanning open your hands, which can lead to you being laid off, flipping at the bottom, etc.

Please note my sophisticated choice of golf attire.

You will forever be rembered on this forum for this attire. MIght as well change your avatar to it.lol

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

• 5 months later...

I agree, what's not to like?  The comment from senorchipolte is correct:  you fan open your hands going back.  Hey, it's not modern, but Hogan did it.  It can stop a hook, if that's a problem for you.  You are really just missing details.  For example, you swing back well, but you do not wind up.  Figure out how to torque your torso (excuse the alliteration) like a rubber band.  One reason is that you let your weight fall on the outside of the right foot (note that I did not say sway).  Keep the weight on the inside of the right foot.   On the downswing, you hit down well, but you do not drive the club head thru - it's like you think there is nothing left to do once you make contact.  So you are a swinger, not a hitter.  If you want to be come the latter - and I am not sure your should - start lifting weights.

Note: This thread is 2368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!