IGNORED

Does anybody else "Ball hunt?"

PlacidCasual
Note: This thread is 4679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What's good about "Ball Hunting" is when you find brand new Pro V1's!

I don't get how people can not care about finding those. If I dropped 4 dollars on the floor I would damn sure want to pick it up. I usually play Pinancle Golds and it upsets me to lose one of those and they are only a buck each.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

I don't get how people can not care about finding those. If I dropped 4 dollars on the floor I would damn sure want to pick it up. I usually play Pinancle Golds and it upsets me to lose one of those and they are only a buck each.

Exactly! I would do the same; especially when the money to buy them came out of your pocket(s) to begin with. I prefer Nike golf balls, because I don't really want to spend $45-$50 on golf balls either. There's a

HUGE sterotype towards Pro V1's well. Some golfers make it seem like it just makes your golf game better no matter what and make you a pro, when they really don't. The golfer's skill, has more to do with it than the ball does.

I always find balls when I search for my own lost ball. Every round I end up with 10 or so and usually 3 or 4 are ProV1's. I currently use only Callaway HX Hot Bites, but I'm running out of my supply, so I'll switch to the found balls very soon. Maybe I'll do more ball hunting if/when I realize all the balls work similar enough for my game.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

What makes you think they don't care and haven't looked for it?

I pick up balls I stumble over and give to my brother or someone else who wants them.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played at a course yesterday with a lot of trouble on it. Tight fairways with little or no rough, and brush everywhere outside of that. Unfortunately, it was a bad day for me, and I spent a lot of time searching in that brush, and came home with about 2 dozen more balls than I left with, and lost a few of my own out there for the next guy to find.

If I took an hour and a ball retriever, I probably wouldn't have to buy balls for the next 2 years.

If you can afford to blow $100 on a round of golf, a cart, drinks on the course and drinks in the clubhouse after your round; losing a $4 ball isnt a big deal.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I look for balls all the time. I seem to always be waiting for my partners and find at least 10 balls a round. Last week I found 49 in 18 holes. 12 pro v1s. I use them at the range to dial in my distances as most range balls are 10-15 yards short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

What makes you think they don't care and haven't looked for it?

Because I am not putting on expedition gear and hiring guides to find these balls, they are right off the fairway or next to where the rough meets the bushs/tall grass. Simply walking over to where the ball landed would be sufficient to locate it.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

Because I am not putting on expedition gear and hiring guides to find these balls, they are right off the fairway or next to where the rough meets the bushs/tall grass. Simply walking over to where the ball landed would be sufficient to locate it.

Really? Did you read the thread where people are looking and not finding them?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Really? Did you read the thread where people are looking and not finding them?

Yes, and I posted what has happened to me before. What I am saying is that the balls I usually find are in plain sight.

I golf ball mooch but not while playing, being a greenkeeper it enables me to "doing a job at other end of course", take a big backpack blower and 30 mins gives me 30-50 golf balls, would never consider looking for golf balls while playing golf, just not the done thing no matter what time or people playing with

Speedline 10 with Harrison Saga
X Tour fairways 3 & 5 Fujikura tour platform 26.3
X Forged 3-PW Project X 6.0 rifles
X Forged 56-14 and 60-10 wedges
2 ball blade Tour is balls

That's awesome. What kind of balls do you play with?

Well I tend to pick out all of the Pro V1's if they're in good shape, 95% of them are. I probably have about 40-50 of them. It's surprising to find so many of them at the range...I also like to play Maxfli/Noodle, Callaway, and TopFlite balls so I usually grab those if they're in good shape too.

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

I go swimming in par 3's i got 200 balls in my bag, 150 still in my car and I gave away 300.

I about fell out of my chair when i read this. My buddy use to do the same thing when he was younger.

Ohh and about ball hunting yes but only when know one is behind us and if one of my group is in the tall stuff.

Once upon a time, a golf ball entering a hazard became the property of the golf course and could not be removed.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

I look for them when Im out there. Two of the courses I play at each have a hole that me and a friend consider the Mecca of lost golf balls. We have found dozens in less than 10 minutes of looking, of course this is when no one is around except our other friend who wants nothing to do with looking for balls and he usually loses the most. I wont EVER do this if people are behind us but we only golf weekday mornings and its ususally not too crowded.

In my cart bag, Driver 909D Comp,Fairway Diablo Edge 3W, Hybrid TWS 18 &23, Irons Diablo Edge 5-Pw, Wedges X Tour vintage 50 X Forged chrome 56 and 64,Putter Rossa Daytona 1, Ball Z Star yellow or a Tri Speed

I love looking for golf balls. The only problem is when I start looking then I stop concentrating on my golf game and my score usually reflects it. I now limit it to helping members in my foursome if they end up in the bushes. That is usually good for about 2-3 balls each time as the bushes at the course I play are very dense with tall grass surrounding them. I will just walk in the tall rough and end up stepping on a few, this way I am not really looking for them, I just happen to find them as I walk on top of them.

I looked for golf balls as a kid and would set up a stand and sell them back to the members of the private course we lived by. I don't think the love for finding a ball has ever worn off, it is like finding a little treasure. You can never take away the simple pleasures in life.

Here's what's in my ogio.gif Grom...

wishon.gifDriver: 919 THI 460cc 9°
wishon.gifWoods: 915 F/H 16° and 21°
wishon.gifIrons: 752 TC 5-9, PW, AW, SWtaylormade.gifPutter: Rossa - Suzukatitleist.gifNXT Tour

If I see them out and about I'll pick them up while we're searching for my or other players balls on certain holes. Also when I walk alongside water I just take my picker out and walk ahead hope I see some white spots.

Note: This thread is 4679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!