IGNORED

So, I just crushed the loudmouthed jerk of my league...

muggs
Note: This thread is 5006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Feeling pretty good today. Last night I was playing against the only guy I don't like in my entire league. When I played this guy the last time, I had just taken a lesson and I was trying to make some changes to my swing...and I was really struggling with it and not scoring good at all. On top of that, this dbag must have been talking during 95% of my backswings, and I had to finally step away from a putt and glare at him to get him to cut it out. Needless to say, he smoked me that night.

I'm sure you've all come across a guy like this. Decent player, but not nearly as good as he thinks he is. Tries giving you tips when you're better than him, terrible jokes, you can hear him across the course...he's that guy.

So, I've been looking forward to our rematch for a few months now and I made the most of it. Shot the best round of the year with a two over 38 (9 hole weeknight league), won 6 holes, halved 2, and only lost one (chunked an 80 yard pitch shot which I'm pretty good at doing). He didn't play his best so I even took low net even though I was giving him 4 strokes.

This match also decided 1st place, for the time being, and we took 30 1/2 points to 14 1/2. So I'm guessing we knocked them down to 4th place.

Had to share, because I'm still enjoying this.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

Nice!

Schadenfreude is as tasty to savor as it is fun to say.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Schadenfreude

I had to look that up...but it fits.

I had a guy throw a half-full beer can at my cart and spray all over my bag after I stuck a lob-wedge in a $100 playoff - needless to say he lost. Dude said he was so drunk he didn't remember it, but at least he remembers giving me his money :)

I feast on dudes like that. They're usually wannabe's that are all bark and no bite to begin with. I don't look like much of a golfer, and that seems to fuel them even more. I usually sandbag a little in a money match, just to keep some repeat customers, but i make it a point to embarrass arrogant dicks like the one you mentioned. The most vivid one i remember was some douchebag that challenged me after a scramble i played in. My team won, shooting 58, and i also won closest to the pin.

The guy comes up to us and me in particular and says we cheated and there is no way we could have shot that score. I was peeved, and i literally told me to put your money where your mouth is or get the f*ck out of my face. He agreed to a $50 nassau match with $10 birdies. I came back to the course 3 days later and put a 3-way beat down on this douchebag. And i make 3 birdies to boot to walk away with a cool $170. I don't even think he broke 90. I didn't shake his hand after the match, he didn't deserve the respect.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

HAHA awesome...

I don't mind giving some smach every once in a while. Like last night the other pair gave us the tee box, i just mentioned, "you sure you want to do that you might not get it back" ;b

They got it back and just happen to say, "Looks like we go the teebox back,"

I love that type of sportsmanship, but constantly talking in the backswing, or throwing a beer is crazy. If you bet a 100 bucks you should bitch when you loose it.

Though in my case the guy beat me 6-4. He stepped up, hit a wonderful low punch shot to about 7 feet and made birdie to close me out on the last hole. very fun round ;)

But don't mind those idiots, honestly you will get use to someone talking in your backswing. A fricken car can backfire near me and it wont bother me in my swing, believe me i had a cart do it before, still hit the ball solid.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

honestly you will get use to someone talking in your backswing. A fricken car can backfire near me and it wont bother me in my swing, believe me i had a cart do it before, still hit the ball solid.

It's not that it distracted me, or that I'm easily distracted, it's more the complete lack of courtesy that bugged me.

Actually, we had a long wait on the 8th tee box. I was +1 at the time when the douche started trying to get in my head by bringing up how well I was scoring, but that was the most comfortable I've felt with my game in a long time, so I didn't care. I just said "yep" then drilled it right down the middle about 275-280 which is a good poke for me. He was done talking after that.

I occasionally play with a guy who seems to think constant trash talking is part of the game. It really annoys me to no end because sometimes I just want to concentrate on a shot in peace. Anyways, he likes to talk about our size difference (I'm 5'5 and he's 6'4) and make jokes about that. It doesn't bother me that I'm short because I can take most guys twice my size, but his constant jabbering gets old. So yesterday we play and he says he's been playing terribly and asks me for a stroke per hole. Then proceeds to jabber about how he's going to take me lol. Well, after I posted a couple 38's he finally shut his mouth. This guy will never learn but it sure does feel good to take his money.

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

I have a friend who's like that but not nearly as bad. He's a solid high 80s to low 90s golfer but if I'm not playing with him he's shooting in the 70s. He talks trash the whole round about what club I'm hitting because he's about a club longer than me. He's never shot with in 10 strokes of me and I always take 50+ dollars off of him. The thing that bothers me is I don't think it's entirely his fault his scores are so much worse than what he claims to shoot. He plays with some work buddy's who just play the old hit another one or just throw one down theories. It's sad because he truly believes he is a 70s player but whatever keeps his wallet open.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Feeling pretty good today. Last night I was playing against the only guy I don't like in my entire league. When I played this guy the last time, I had just taken a lesson and I was trying to make some changes to my swing...and I was really struggling with it and not scoring good at all. On top of that, this dbag must have been talking during 95% of my backswings, and I had to finally step away from a putt and glare at him to get him to cut it out. Needless to say, he smoked me that night.

So now your becoming just like him by bragging about it? It's ok to be humble.

I feast on dudes like that. They're usually wannabe's that are all bark and no bite to begin with. I don't look like much of a golfer, and that seems to fuel them even more. I usually sandbag a little in a money match, just to keep some repeat customers, but i make it a point to embarrass arrogant dicks like the one you mentioned. The most vivid one i remember was some douchebag that challenged me after a scramble i played in. My team won, shooting 58, and i also won closest to the pin.

Great story

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

I remember this one guy,

We were playing a scramble, and one of the competition sponsors (I had played with him the week before) says to everyone about how long I am right before I tee it up. Anyway I proceed to sky the hell outta it, and this one dude from the group playing right behind us is like, what a dork he aint that long.
A few holes later I hook one off the tee, and can't find it, so I go back to the tee, the same dude is like what were you looking that far up for, your full of shit you can't hit it that far. I say nothing and tee off.

Anyways a few months later, rock up to the tee in a tourney and guess what, this dork is in my group. He starts talking shit again and I say wanna put a side bet on, he goes yeah I'll take you, your full of shit. So I say, sweet, 50 50 100, and $5 units ? (50 front 9 50 back 9, 100 match, $5 for birdies, sandies etc) and he agrees.

Anyway I proceed to play my best round of the year, nailed everything off the tee, 2 under front 9, finish the round even par. Needless to say the dude lost $240, said almost nothing after about the 4th hole and never even came into the clubhouse for prize giving.

I love justice ......

Note: This thread is 5006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!