IGNORED

What if Tiger NEVER gets his form back???

2bGood
Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To quote Oscar from The Office: "The real crime, I think, was the beard."

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
It's funny to think what may have been going through his head when that coach laid that club up against his hat.

Coach??!?!?!?!??!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

To quote Oscar from The Office: "The real crime, I think, was the beard."

Seriously! What's up with that? Clearly evil Tiger (or Mirror Tiger, if we're being ultra nerdy) was playing at Firestone... and a few other events recently.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Seriously! What's up with that? Clearly evil Tiger (or Mirror Tiger, if we're being ultra nerdy) was playing at Firestone... and a few other events recently.

'Cause I am Ultra Nerdy..

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Coach? I think you mean Caddie

People have been talking about him getting a swing coach. I have no clue who that guy's caddie is. I thought he might have taken the advice of some on this thread and gotten a coach.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

I don't know why, but more than a couple of people mentioned to me that a goatee screams "I'm single!"

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I read a comment on a blog where someone called Sean Foley a "non-PGA" coach. What does that mean? Wasnt he educated like all the other PGA professionals or did he go through a different training program? Whats his background? Anybody got an idea?

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

People have been talking about him getting a swing coach. I have no clue who that guy's caddie is. I thought he might have taken the advice of some on this thread and gotten a coach.

The guy in the picture is Stevie Williams, Tiger's long-time caddie. He's a familiar face to some of us is all.

I read a comment on a blog where someone called Sean Foley a "non-PGA" coach. What does that mean? Wasnt he educated like all the other PGA professionals or did he go through a different training program? Whats his background? Anybody got an idea?

PGA "just" means they're a member of the PGA. This is not to be confused with the PGA Tour; it's a professional organization for golf professionals; there are several members on this board, and many of us take lessons from other members of the PGA.

Of course, there is no requirement that one's swing coach be a member of the PGA, although the membership does denote that they're properly trained, have experience, etc. If Tiger wanted to, there's no reason (other than sanity and desire to get better) that he couldn't hire me as his coach, despite that I'm not a PGA member.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
Of course, there is no requirement that one's swing coach be a member of the PGA, although the membership does denote that they're properly trained, have experience, etc. If Tiger wanted to, there's no reason (other than sanity and desire to get better) that he couldn't hire me as his coach, despite that I'm not a PGA member.

Kinda.

The PGA isn't going to teach me much if anything about being an instructor. I have to take classes in things like "Golf Cart Fleet Management" and "Beverage Control" (or something). I like the PGA and all it does for its members, but having specific tracks of learning is not what they're about right now...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think there will always be an interest in Tiger no matter how bad he gets simply because everyone loves a great comeback story. Look at John Daly: people still talk about him every time he is even remotely in the hunt for a win.

I would love to say that i dont think he will breaks Jack's record being that hes such a low life and all...but honestly i think he still will. He has another 10 years at least of prime. This wont make him the best of all time though imho. Look at the clowns chasing his number one spot. Eldrick does not imho have any where near the competition that Jack had...and he will always be a derelict

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

I would love to say that i dont think he will breaks Jack's record being that hes such a low life and all...but honestly i think he still will. He has another 10 years at least of prime. This wont make him the best of all time though imho. Look at the clowns chasing his number one spot. Eldrick does not imho have any where near the competition that Jack had...and he will always be a derelict

We get it - you think he's a lowlife douchebag who deserves nothing but bad things to happen for the rest of his natural life, and possibly beyond.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Personally, I don't think he's ever getitng his game back. Just my opinion though. I think his career is virtually over, I think he may win some events again, but any more majors at this point I seriously doubt.

Again, just my opinion. If he did bounce back, would not surprise me. We ALL know what he is capable of, obviously.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

We get it - you think he's a lowlife douchebag who deserves nothing but bad things to happen for the rest of his natural life, and possibly beyond. Maybe I'm alone in this opinion, but can you please stop commenting on Tiger Woods for awhile?

I concur.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

We get it - you think he's a lowlife douchebag who deserves nothing but bad things to happen for the rest of his natural life, and possibly beyond.

You are not alone.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Really? Who's a lowlife? I don't get it. He was raised to be a douche. Look at his life. Any moral judgements solely based on his desicions are stupid. Sorry to be "this guy," but he was not raised like most of us.
I've been around plenty of douchebags who don't have a fraction of his potential who behave way worse than he does.
I guess I just get prickly when "Lowlife=getting caught."

In my Stratus bag:
Driver DymoSQ 10.5*
3 Wood DymoSQ 13*
3H Burner High Launch 19*
Irons Tour SpecialWedge Classic Grind 56*Putter Dual Force 668Balls Burner

I dont think Tiger is any wheres near being done. He is a little beat up right now for obvious reasons, but he'll come back with a vengeance. Like Jack, Tiger only needs a few parts of his game to work to pull off a win.

I talk alot of smack about Tiger on here , but he is still the man to beat. I hope that he can repair some of his burned bridges , and find a working peace with his family. It must be hell for him right now.

A hell of his own making but yes, I'm also expecting him to make a comeback. He's got the time, and it's just too important a part of who he is to himself.

\pop-psych
He was raised to be a douche.

I suspect that his mother would not entirely agree with your assessment. Spare a thought for that unfortunate woman - think about it.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!