IGNORED

2010 PGA Championship

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Honestly? They both get off track with the putter mid tourney lately. I think it will continue to be the limiting factor for them

Yeah I have to agree, I was a bit too young to see goosens major wins but whenever I see him in contention in a tournament he completely collapses on sunday ALWAYS!! he worses than ricky barnes with the nerves lol

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I felt like posting this cuz it was funny earlier, but when I got to the course this morning, it was dry. 30 minutes later when I make it to the 16 green/17 tee....its downpouring...and they are kind enough to let us up in the skybox to stay dry. A few minutes later a guy starts walking up the fairway...what do you know? Its Anthony Kim playing barefoot! Smartest player on the course I tell ya, every single other player ran for shelter where this kid kept playing. I would think they would play through it...you don't have a choice on the weekend? why not get used to it?

More pictures on the photobucket link (which apparently is taking FOREVER to upload...I'm STILL uploading yesterdays pics):

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ctice%20Round/

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

how is it not a links course? not all the links in britain and ireland are as firm and fast as st. andrews.

Because it isn't a links golf course. Pretty simple. Just because it is next to the water doesn't make it a links course. It is a replica of a links course.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Watching live on iPod. The little spinning 'live' icon is annoying. The commentary is far more insightful. I think it's kinda silly to wait for the fog to lift. God these guys are pampered.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Check out this contraption Harrington was using:

http://www.weiunderpar.com/wp-conten...8/IMG_0621.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger birdied his first hole. Rejoice.

Solid birdie actually. And he made a 10+ foot putt!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Steve, You bet I have more photos!!

I never thought I'd see the day where Rickie Fowler is the conservatively dressed one.

Also, I pick Graeme McDowell to win this one. Tiger is going to have another horrible tournament due to him spraying the ball all over the place off the tee. Phil and Ernie are both going to choke on Sunday. Phil might choke the whole tournament.

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

looks like tiger's putter is working early.

Iron play is looking sharp too.He's like a different man.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

looks like tiger's putter is working early.

And his driver and irons....he looks feckin good at the moment.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

eh the course seems a little easy for a major championship, birdies everywhere, I dont like that

No wind today.Just like the first round of the Open.If it gets up the next few days the course will take a bite back.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

happy to see tiger playing well. putt is good, off the tee looking good, and his iron game is sharp.

still early on but if he keeps it up, i'd say he's got a great chance.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

No wind today.Just like the first round of the Open.If it gets up the next few days the course will take a bite back.

Seemed like a decent bit of wind in the beginning of the back 9, though I'm not there so I can't see how bad it was/is. ;)

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

Seemed like a decent bit of wind in the beginning of the back 9, though I'm not there so I can't see how bad it was/is. ;)

Wasn't much early on but it's really blowing now alright.Doubt the scores will go too low.

Yeah, just watched Tiger's putt on 12 and his pants were flapping a fair bit. Of course, that looked to be right out on the water so perhaps the wind falls of if you get inland at all. Damn those greens look nice...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I would really love to see Tiger doing well.
His major breakdown was painful to watch.

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!